Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay Marriage, at least WISCONSIN got it RIGHT! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 30

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 01, 2008, 03:19:37 AM

They've done studies and kids are not any more likely to become homosexuals when growing up it homosexual households.

You dont learn to be gay. It doesnt work that way.

And chances are, the gay parents would be more accepting than hetero parents of whatever their kid's sexuality develops into.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 01, 2008, 11:37:53 AM

you may not learn to be gay, but you can choose to be gay...

I bet there are kids who are raised by gay parents who think its the norm, so they make the choice to be gay.

Not saying this is always the case, but you know for damn sure that it happens, and will happen in the future.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 01, 2008, 11:50:07 AM

I bet there are kids who are raised by gay parents who think its the norm, so they make the choice to be gay.

Not saying this is always the case, but you know for damn sure that it happens, and will happen in the future.

We know for damn sure? Show us one case that has been proven to happen like that. Just one.

They'll think it's the norm if they grow up in a same sex household? So, you're assuming they won't see
any other (heterosexual) couples/parents at all?

The data suggests no difference with kids who grow up in same sex households. Still too early to draw
conclusions.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#18 : June 01, 2008, 12:14:19 PM

How many Gay threads do we need? This is beyond rediculous.

#19 : June 01, 2008, 12:20:24 PM

It's "ridiculous."

We don't need any threads at all. They're here for entertainment. If you don't like them, don't read them, and stop posting in them.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 01, 2008, 12:50:25 PM

We don't need any threads at all. They're here for entertainment. If you don't like them, don't read them, and stop posting in them.

You're right Mommy, I don't have anything nice to say so I shall not say anything at all.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#21 : June 01, 2008, 03:15:53 PM

Gays choose to be gay as much as the victims of the holocaust chose to be Jewish.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard/read.

Yea, gay guys don't choose to suck on other men's genitals, it's natural.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 01, 2008, 01:04:50 PM

As many as UFOJOE likes to keep it stirred up... Their will be many more States that will pass the law because they know the difference between Civil Rights and Personal Choice behind the bedroom door...OBD

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 01, 2008, 01:11:58 PM

We know for damn sure? Show us one case that has been proven to happen like that. Just one.

They'll think it's the norm if they grow up in a same sex household? So, you're assuming they won't see

The data suggests no difference with kids who grow up in same sex households. Still too early to draw
conclusions.

this is the exact post I expected from you joe, you are becoming predictable.

as far as showing you one case, I don't have the time to endlessly research topics in these threads.  It is common sense really.  In all the gayness in this world, you know, you 100% know it has happened.

of course they will see "normal" hetero couples, but kids grow up and mimic their parents and lifestyles, that is a fact.  Anyone with kids will tell you that their kids are mini versions of themselves.  If Dad comes home every night and drinks a 6 pack, you can bet Jr. will have the same behaviors at some point.  If Mom yells and screams her way through the day, you only know that her kids will be yellers and screamers when they have kids of their own.  There is plenty of research to back that up, so odds are, gays raising kids will produce more gays...

it isn't rocket science really...

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 01, 2008, 01:25:42 PM

It's "ridiculous."

Pleaaaaase take your own advice next time you click onto one of my threads.  ::)

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 01, 2008, 01:42:49 PM

It's "ridiculous."

Pleaaaaase take your own advice next time you click onto one of my threads. ::)

lol

QFT!

Ziiiing!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 01, 2008, 01:45:56 PM

conclusions.

this is the exact post I expected from you joe, you are becoming predictable.

as far as showing you one case, I don't have the time to endlessly research topics in these threads.� It is common sense really.� In all the gayness in this world, you know, you 100% know it has happened.

of course they will see "normal" hetero couples, but kids grow up and mimic their parents and lifestyles, that is a fact.  Anyone with kids will tell you that their kids are mini versions of themselves.  If Dad comes home every night and drinks a 6 pack, you can bet Jr. will have the same behaviors at some point.  If Mom yells and screams her way through the day, you only know that her kids will be yellers and screamers when they have kids of their own.  There is plenty of research to back that up, so odds are, gays raising kids will produce more gays...

it isn't rocket science really...

Show me one case or some data.

BTW, you'll notice (if you bothered to try to comprehend what I wrote) that I said the data SUGGESTS
no difference but it's still early to draw any CONCLUSIONS.

If you have no data, don't make claims that you can't back up. It's very simple. I agree It's not
rocket science at all.

You can keep tying to put this back on me being predictable and this is what you expected me to say
(how many times are you going to say that?) but it comes down to the evidence. And right now,
there's NONE to support your conclusions.

So, once again, show us some science and data. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. But I'm not the one
who made such a blanket statement.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 01, 2008, 01:47:24 PM

As many as UFOJOE likes to keep it stirred up... Their will be many more States that will pass the law because they know the difference between Civil Rights and Personal Choice behind the bedroom door...OBD

I forgot to tell you that occasionally, I post under the name of Turbo. This way, I can stir things up
under two names. Turbo doesn't mind.

BTW, why are you so obsessed with the sexual aspect of this subject? Sex, sex, sex!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 01, 2008, 02:02:42 PM

As I said, more studies need to be done. But so far...

I highlighted the playing with toys part just for you, Turbo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/12/health/webmd/main938234.shtml

Kids Of Same-Sex Parents Do Fine
Study: Self-Esteem, Gender ID No Different Than Straight Parents' Kids
WASHINGTON, Oct. 12, 2005
(AP)

(WebMD) Children growing up in same-sex parental households do not necessarily have differences in self-esteem, gender identity, or emotional problems from children growing up in heterosexual parent homes.

"There are a lot of children with at least one gay or lesbian parent," says Ellen C. Perrin, MD, professor of pediatrics at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. She revealed the findings at the American Academy of Pediatrics Conference and Exhibition.

Between one million and six million children in the U.S. are being reared by committed lesbian or gay couples, she says. Children being raised by same-sex parents were either born to a heterosexual couple, adopted, or conceived through artificial insemination.

"The vast consensus of all the studies shows that children of same-sex parents do as well as children whose parents are heterosexual in every way," she tells WebMD. "In some ways children of same-sex parents actually may have advantages over other family structures."

Researchers looked at information gleaned from 15 studies on more than 500 children, evaluating possible stigma, teasing and social isolation, adjustment and self-esteem, opposite gender role models, sexual orientation, and strengths.

Studies from 1981 to 1994, including 260 children reared by either heterosexual mothers or same-sex mothers after divorce, found no differences in intelligence, type or prevalence of psychiatric disorders, self-esteem, well-being, peer relationships, couple relationships, or parental stress.

"Some studies showed that single heterosexual parents' children have more difficulties than children who have parents of the same sex," Perrin says. "They did better in discipline, self-esteem, and had less psychosocial difficulties at home and at school."

Another study of 37 children of 27 divorced lesbian mothers and a similar number of children of heterosexual mothers found no differences in behavior, adjustment, gender identity, and peer relationships.

Equitable Division of Chores

Two other large studies involving more than 100 couples found that same-sex parents also had contact with extended family, had social support, and had a more equitable division of labor in the home.

"Lesbian couples share household responsibilities and chores more equitably," Perrin says. "And, the children of lesbian couples are less aggressive, more nurturing to peers, more tolerant of diversity, and more inclined to play with both boy's and girl's toys.

Children seem to adjust better when there is a more equal division of labor in the home and the parental relationship with the children had a higher rating, she says.

The combined data presented by Perrin showed that children whose parents are lesbian have no more problems than the rest of the children and actually may be more tolerant of differences, she says. There was suggestive evidence that there were more stresses due to the gender of same-sex parents, but the children also reported greater well-being, more nurturing, and a greater tolerance for differences.

What is striking is that there are very consistent findings in these studies," Perrin says.

Ryan Malone, who works in public relations in Washington, D.C., says after his parents were divorced he was reared by two "lesbian moms," while still staying in contact with his father.

"We lived in a small town," he says. "While I was open about my family, I didn't broadcast it."

At times he felt isolated because he didn't know any other families at the time headed by a same-sex couple, Malone says. "My parents over-parented because they felt like the whole world was watching."

Emotional Topic

While further study should be done, this is important for pediatricians to know so they can learn more about variations in families and give appropriate advice in optimizing the child's development, Perrin says.

Carol Berkowitz, MD, former president of AAP, says this analysis is important in that it combines evidence-based studies.

"This subject evokes a lot of emotions," she says. "Some of the studies on this subject in the past have been weighted and biased, based on nothing more than the researcher's views."

Evidence-based studies are important
in helping pediatricians in their practices and creating policy for the future, she says.

Sources: American Academy of Pediatrics Conference and Exhibition, Washington, D.C., Oct. 8-11, 2005. Ellen C. Perrin, MD, professor of pediatrics, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston. Carol Berkowitz, MD, former president, American Academy of Pediatrics.

#29 : June 01, 2008, 02:27:59 PM

It's "ridiculous."

Pleaaaaase take your own advice next time you click onto one of my threads.  ::)

But I do like your threads, Chrispy. Watching you make a fool out of yourself is one of the most entertaining things on this board.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gay Marriage, at least WISCONSIN got it RIGHT! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools