Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we go 6-0 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 01, 2008, 01:59:44 PM

ROFLMAO

jameswilder

Starter

#16 : June 01, 2008, 02:09:28 PM

I'm not really buying into the media driven bias that the NFC south is the basement division of the NFL. The overall record of our division was 27-37. Both the afc west and the nfc west were 26-38 last season. The AFC east was only 28-36 and the Pats went 16-0.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 01, 2008, 02:12:34 PM

I'm not really buying into the media driven bias that the NFC south is the basement division of the NFL.

Well how about opening your eyes and looking at the quality of the football in the NFC South last year.....that should swing the deal for ya.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 01, 2008, 02:14:58 PM

I'm not really buying into the media driven bias that the NFC south is the basement division of the NFL.

Well how about opening your eyes and looking at the quality of the football in the NFC South last year.....that should swing the deal for ya.
I wouldn't say the NFC West was a better advertisement for football than the NFC South.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 01, 2008, 02:17:50 PM

I wouldn't say the NFC West was a better advertisement for football than the NFC South.

So we are reduced to debating which division was the biggest crap-fest.....nice.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 01, 2008, 02:21:03 PM

So we are reduced to debating which division was the biggest crap-fest.....nice.
You bought it up.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 01, 2008, 02:26:57 PM

What was the point of that reply? I was comparing 6-0 to 1-5, not 4-2. I am 100% sure we will not start 6-0, this team simply isn't that good. We had a nice run last year but the roster didn't get much better. In fact the WR position is still a huge weakness.

The only way we make the play offs is because the division is the septic tank of the NFL right now.

You can't predict he future in any cetain way, you have no clue how the first 6 games will go. They could start 1-5 and they also could start 5-1, you never know. I think you're understimating the talent on this team by labeling the 1 position of weakness.  

jameswilder

Starter

#22 : June 01, 2008, 02:27:26 PM

Well, the Bills, Jets and Miami Mullets sure put on a display of flawless football as well. I'd rather have my gums scraped than watch a replay of one of the two matchups between the Jets and Mullets. Anyway, it's pointless to debate last years division record and somehow think that will influence how this year will play out.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 01, 2008, 02:29:44 PM

This is the same mindp-set that says Tiger Woods isn't the best golfer of all time becausehe has nobody pushing him. The Bucs can't do anything about the division they're in, which a few years ago was looked at as the best division in football. The up and down ride in the NFL is what it is and you're bound to play in a weak division at some point.

It's silly to bring that up, teams don't have an option

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 01, 2008, 02:31:42 PM

OK, lets spell it out a different way:  the Bucs aren't that good IMO.  They are young and with good coaching, luck and team spirit they can get the job done but I am not all giddy over them yet.

jameswilder

Starter

#25 : June 01, 2008, 02:38:12 PM

It just remains to be seen what happens when the Bucs hit the field in September. I believe this is a better team than was fielded in 2006 and they appear to be headed in a good direction. Then again too, a few breaks and bounces and you never know what next season brings. Look at the Rays, I'd have never guessed their success this year to this point.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 01, 2008, 02:40:48 PM

It just remains to be seen what happens when the Bucs hit the field in September. I believe this is a better team than was fielded in 2006 and they appear to be headed in a good direction.

I would hope so the 2006 team stank out loud.

jameswilder

Starter

#27 : June 01, 2008, 02:45:11 PM

You're telling me. I bought a friends season ticket package for that year and the season highlight was Matt Bryants 62 yd fg.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 01, 2008, 02:53:57 PM

3-0 at home and 1-2 on the road...so NO, IMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

#29 : June 01, 2008, 03:07:42 PM

I don't get the negativity.  6-0 is a tall order for ANY team, no matter how good.  But I can't stand people looking at us and saying we are so bad that we only made it because of the weak division.  The differential in talent between teams is, with only a couple of exceptions, incredibly small.  There's a reason teams bounce from top to bottom -- small changes make a big difference.  People just look at other team's players with envy and conclude that since we don't have that star power we suck. 
We have one of the best defenses in football.  Yeah, there's weaknesses there.  But the NYG D had weaknesses too and it conquered the pats.  Our offense has been a drag, but it's finally taking shape.  I truly believe people don't grasp the huge negative impact that Wade had on our offense.  If Faine merely serves as an acceptable center you can move us up 5 spots in the rankings based on that alone.  Drive after drive stalled because of him.  His performance was more damaging than any single injury -including Joey's.  The running game should be exceptional this year, it was hovering just outside of top 10 last year, and it should be making a push for top 5 this year.  Say what you want about places we didn't upgrade, the run game was one area we did - by jettisoning ragdoll center.  That will have more impact on the run game this year than anything else we could have done.

I'm not a big Garcia fan, but I'll give him this: If he's got a powerful run game and a good D he can manage us to consistent wins.  If he can stay healthy and his arm stays live, he can ride that D and run game deep into the postseason.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we go 6-0 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools