Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we go 6-0 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 01, 2008, 04:05:04 PM

i kinda want luke mccown to start.....

i just rewatched the saints game.... cut garcia!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 01, 2008, 04:31:07 PM

Say what you want about places we didn't upgrade, the run game was one area we did - by jettisoning ragdoll center.

I disagree.

Faine may be a mobile, athletic center that Muir likes that can move in space.  But in the trenches he generates zero push and why Hovan wasn't dominated by him when he faced off against him twice a year for the last two years.  Lets call a spade a spade and Faine is just a younger version of Wade.  *Yawn*

I agree with MJS.

This team is middle of the road average in terms of talent and the Bucs FO did little to upgrade the overall roster this off season.  Where I disagree with MJS is the fact the rest of the NFC South significantly improved and will not be in the doldrums of the NFC like it was last year.

That six game stretch is brutal, and I am not quick to consider the Atlanta game easy given we don't know how the Bucs defense will fare against a RB like Michael Turner.

@NO
Atlanta
@Chicago
Green Bay
@Denver
Carolina

If the Bucs are not drained after playing Green Bay then having to go to Denver (lol) will do them in.  And then Carolina to finish it off?  Having to travel away and come back home three times with no two straight home game stretch is taxing on any team.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 01, 2008, 04:57:26 PM

Say what you want about places we didn't upgrade, the run game was one area we did - by jettisoning ragdoll center.

I disagree.

Faine may be a mobile, athletic center that Muir likes that can move in space.  But in the trenches he generates zero push and why Hovan wasn't dominated by him when he faced off against him twice a year for the last two years.  Lets call a spade a spade and Faine is just a younger version of Wade.  *Yawn*

I agree with MJS.

This team is middle of the road average in terms of talent and the Bucs FO did little to upgrade the overall roster this off season.  Where I disagree with MJS is the fact the rest of the NFC South significantly improved and will not be in the doldrums of the NFC like it was last year.

That six game stretch is brutal, and I am not quick to consider the Atlanta game easy given we don't know how the Bucs defense will fare against a RB like Michael Turner.

@NO
Atlanta
@Chicago
Green Bay
@Denver
Carolina

If the Bucs are not drained after playing Green Bay then having to go to Denver (lol) will do them in.  And then Carolina to finish it off?  Having to travel away and come back home three times with no two straight home game stretch is taxing on any team.

i agree mostly except with one part... the fact that we didnt the upgrade the overall roster part.

i think aqib talib is an upgrad at the LCB position.  also.. as a whole.. our players have progressed.

but most of all... we have improved the depth all over.
we brought in dunn who provides a good back. 
we brought in griese...despite opinions.. he did lead us to 5-1.
we brought in troupe gilmore... add that to stevens and smith... we are looking really good depth wise.
we upgraded our o line depth with zuttah.  penn will be better with more reps.
we upgraded our d line depth with moore and douglas.
we upgraded our LB corps with hayes...cash..lehman...mccoy
we upgraded our cbs and possibly safeties with wilson

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 01, 2008, 04:58:30 PM

i think most of the NFC is middle of the road average though.... so you say we are middle of the road average... that means we can compete for the superbowl with a couple good bounces of the ball.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 01, 2008, 05:00:26 PM

I never said they would go 1-5, just it is more likely than 6-0.  I would hope we get through those first games 4-2, 3-3 at the worst.  If they get to week seven 5-1 I will be very happy, and surprised.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 01, 2008, 05:05:11 PM

this is a league of equality (NFC) ... anything can happen in the playoffs or against conference and division foes.

its the AFC games i am worried about.

lets just get through those first games at least beating all people in our division.
and hopefuly at least 1 of the conference games.
and vs denver lets hope something good happens.. but i doubt we win that game.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 01, 2008, 05:07:04 PM

@NO-LOSS[We started out 0-1 four out of 6 times since 2002, plus they are a tough division game on road, still could win it, just a hunch tho]
Atlanta-WIN
@Chicago-WIN
Green Bay-WIN
@Denver-LOSS(we also seem to suck against the AFC]
Carolina-WIN

Expect 3-3 or 4-2

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 01, 2008, 05:45:10 PM

Can we? Yes, any team can. Are we? Most likely no. I'd rather go 5-1 4-2. It just seems like teams that look like they might go undefeated end up on a huge downfall.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 01, 2008, 05:57:17 PM

Is it possible?

@NO
Atlanta
@Chicago
Green Bay
@Denver
Carolina

NO, GB, Denver and Carolina will be tuff to beat, IMO.

The only one of those games I would chalk down as a win before the season starts is the Falcons. The other five could go either way. I would say there is more chance of us starting 1-5 than 6-0.

1-5?  Even the hardest of azzez have to think a little better than that. 

NO is in dissarray (read latest Fab Five) and both GB and ATL have brand new QB's...Those games look good to me...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 01, 2008, 06:05:39 PM

Well we should take care of business at home.  Green Bay was a fluke last year with Favre, now they dont have him.  Rogers had a good game against Dallas, but I hope people dont make him the next Matt Shaub by judging him off one game.  I see us probably going 2-1 or 3-0 at home with the Carolina game always up in the air.  I see us going 1-2 or 2-1 on the road.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 01, 2008, 07:02:31 PM

I'd be happy with 3-3 and 3-0 in the division...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 01, 2008, 07:02:47 PM

Is it possible?

@NO
Atlanta
@Chicago
Green Bay
@Denver
Carolina

NO, GB, Denver and Carolina will be tuff to beat, IMO.

The only one of those games I would chalk down as a win before the season starts is the Falcons. The other five could go either way. I would say there is more chance of us starting 1-5 than 6-0.

1-5? Even the hardest of azzez have to think a little better than that.

I didn't say we would go 1-5, just the odds are greater of that than a 6-0 start.  

If you were a bookie laying odds the 6-0 would be the longer shot.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 01, 2008, 07:03:27 PM

I'd be happy with 3-3 and 3-0 in the division...

Now that is very attainable.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 01, 2008, 07:04:23 PM

Not an odds guy so thanks for the explanation...I think...LOL

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#44 : June 01, 2008, 07:23:33 PM

3 away games and only 2 home games makes it tough.

3 away games and 2 home games would actually make it impossible to go 6-0 no??  ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we go 6-0 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools