Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If I were GM(long read) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : December 14, 2006, 09:05:59 AM

if it were me and it's not, I'd do one thing and one thing only; get the freaking o-line and d-line straight. What the hell good is it to have this weapon and that weapon when you can't put pressure on the QB or get any push or protection from the o-line. Forget this FA and that college stud, stick to the lines for this draft and coming season. If that is straightened out, I bet some of the weaker players may elevate their games. Just a thought.

A good line on both sides of the ball would be nice...

bklynbucs11

Starter

#16 : December 14, 2006, 09:19:15 AM

I've been saying for years that David Carr is extremely under-rated. As much as I like Gradkowski (and I do, I think the kid's got a great future as this team's starter in a couple of years). But I think Grad does need a little time to sit and learn. As much as some of you dislike him, he's pretty much met my expectations, and exceeded them at times since assuming the starting role. Remember - rookies struggle for a reason. Matt Lienhart looks better than he actually is because he's more prepped for the NFL than any of the 4 starting rookies, and because he's got every QB's Wet Dream for a WR combo. And Vince Young is doing virtually everything on the ground, whether running himself or handing off.

That said, I think David Carr would be a great fit for us. We do have better pass protection than Houston and we've got a faster guy in Galloway than they do. Furthermore, Carr was able to establish a great relationship with Andre Johnson, who is a big physical guy. Its a serious possibility that he could do the same with Clayton. I think he's a QB that could flourish in our system.

#17 : December 14, 2006, 09:45:18 AM

Simms fell flat on his face with a whole off-season to prepare as the full time starter.  My guess is that opposing teams got to see more tape of him, which is the same thing many Grads haters say about him.

When you give up 50% or more of your snaps in training camp and play one drive in each of the preseason games...I dont know what QB would come in week one guns a blazin...Simms was not ready because he was RUSTY. The routes were not crisp because Gruden didnt allow the players to play in the preseason to get prepared.

Isnt It Ironice it was around the third game when Chris got out of his funks. Many neglect to remember that we came from a pretty big hole against Carolina to be leading in that game...and probably would have won that game if Chris didnt black out on that drive.

Its funny that those that call Simms ineffective now after his injury stood behind Mike  Allstott after his neck surgery and would have burned One Buc trailer park down if we would have released him.

but I keep Grads giving him the benefit of the doubt since he is a rookie

I would agree if Bruce was a 1st-2nd rounder....a 6th rounder however I cant give the pass. If he doesnt improve by week 16 then I hope we move him to the emergency QB next year.

opposing teams stacking the box due to the Bucs inablility to pass.

Hense the fact Rattay should start this game...My opinion yes ATL was in crappy formations on defense at the end of the game I really dont see Gradkowski moving the team down the field like Tim did. Hence the fact I see Rattay as a more accurate and polished passer. Also he has experience with HORRIBLE offenses and throw around 20 TD's

I like the 1st and third round picks of your draft. I dont see Meriweater there in round two. A Reggie Nelson would be good there. Also a Victor Alibamiri would maybe be a better get than Demarcus Tyler

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#18 : December 14, 2006, 10:02:11 AM

It’s never too early in the year to make your wish list. So with no further ado here is my wish list for 2007 off season.

Free Agency

Musts:
QB – Either re-sign C. Simms or sign M. Schaub (Atl)
CB – Sign N. Clements (Buf) or A. Samuel (N.E.)
DE – Re-sign D. White & sign J. Allen (K.C.) or D. Freeney (Ind)

Good-to-Get:
S – O. Stoutmire, L. Schulters, T. Williams, T. Holt
WR – M. Furrey or D. Bennett

Trades
-   S. Rice & 2nd rd pick (Colts 2nd) for mid-late 1st rd pick
-   K. Walker & 7th rd pick for J. Porter (Oak)

Draft Picks

Current:
-1st
-2nd
-2nd (Colts)
-3rd
-4th
-5th
-6th
-7th

After  trades - predicted picks:
1st – Joe Thomas/OT/Wisconsin
1st (mid-late) – P. Posluszny/LB/PSU or B. Davis/LB/FSU
2nd – L. Landry/S/LSU or R. Nelson/S/FL
3rd – B. Leonard/FB/Rutgers
4th – A. Ross/CB/Texas
5th – Center or DT
6th – CB/WR Kick Return man aka “D. Hester”

2007 Starters
QB – C. Simms
RB – Caddy
FB – B. Leonard
WR – Galloway, Porter, Clayton
TE – A. Smith
LT – J. Thomas
LG – A. Davis
C – Wade
RG – D. Joseph
RT – Trueblood

DE – D. White, J. Allen
DT – Hovan, Wyms
SLB – Nece or “Rookie”
MLB – Ruud
WLB – D. Brooks
CB – R. Barber, N. Clements
FS – “Rookie”
SS- L. Schulters

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 14, 2006, 10:04:24 AM

interesting work, but why is our best man-to-man corner turned into a safety?

Also, isn't Bolden under contract? I don't think they would dump him.

#20 : December 14, 2006, 10:18:01 AM

Just imagine the offense with this line up

QB- Chris Simms
HB- Cadillac Williams
FB- Leonard (rookie)
WR- Galloway, Calvin Johnson(rookie), Michael Clayton
TE- Alex Smith
LT- Leonard Davis (Free Agent)
LG- Anthony Davis
C-  John Wade
RG- Davin Josepph
RT- Jeremy Trueblood

Add this defense

DE-  Duwayne White, Victor Alibimiri(Rookie)
DE-  Dwight Freeney/Justin Smith
DT-  Chris Hovan
DT- Marcus Thomas (Rookie)
LB-  Ryan Nece
LB- Derrick Brooks
LB-Quarles (UFA), Ruud
CB- Rhonde Barber
CB- Brian Kelly(UFA)
CB- Nate Clements
FS- Reggie Nelson (Rookie)
SS- Ken Hamlin (UFA)

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 14, 2006, 10:30:36 AM

--

DE(4): Simeon Rice, DeWayne White, Juliun Jenkins, Greg Spires

-Simeon Rice has one more year left on his contract. He also has a very high cap number. No one will trade for him with his recent year and he will use the remaining year on his contract to try and prove himself to get that one last BIG contract. DeWayne White will start next year. I see Greg Spires providing depth at both the DE and DT position. He will be more of a situational player then anything else.

Big problem here is that Sim Probably wont be on the Team next year so you need to find a Stud DE cause this D need alot of pressure to be most effective

-

Shag

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 14, 2006, 11:37:15 AM

Draft:

R1: Best player available, hopefully Adams (not RB)
R2: Defensive tackle or linebacker
R2: Linebacker or defensive tackle
R3: Cornerback
R4: Center
R5: Wide reciever

Don't care after that. If we can target positions last year, we can do the same this year.

Free Agency:

Release Rice, Spires, Quarles, and Wade.
Resign Simms and White.
Hope that a good center is available, otherwise see R4 or Mahan (hopefully not).
Sign veteran QB with WCO experience like Garcia to work with Simms.
Sign one of the better safeties.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#23 : December 14, 2006, 02:25:21 PM

For all those saying Shaub...are you kidding me?  What has he done that has impress you besides fumbling in the endzone against the Bucs, actually making Booger look good getting a touchdown.  He had one good game against the Patriots and all of a sudden peoiple think hes the best thing since slide bread.  Give me a break.  He's no BETTER THEN GRADKOWSKI OR SIMMS....unless of course your playing Madden 07.

UTSPARTEN- Where did you hear that Simms gave up 50% of his snaps.  I'm not saying I don't believe you...was just wondering if you made that up as false hope or not.  Listen I'll admit Simms kind of had a good game against Carolina, but don't act like he was out for an extended period of time in that game.  We would have lost anyway.  I honestly don't see us being much better with Simms.  Maybe 1 or 2 more wins.  Remember we were able to beat teams like the Bengals and Eagles because we barely turned the ball over.  If Simms was going to be throwing 3 picks there then who knows if we win them games...

Either way, I think it's time to move on.  Simms didn't exactly light it up last year either, WITH A GOOD RUNNING GAME AND #1 D.  I mean I wouldn't call 10 TDs to 7 INTs and a "Drew Bledsoe-esque" playoff performance OUTSTANDING.  We all just gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Well he didn't do good and I know I wouldnt feel comfortable with him as starter.

Jeff Garcia is not good.  The Eagles have a suberb offensive line that gives the QB plenty of time.  I'm not sure if you know this but our YOUNG line isn't close to theirs just yet.  Garcia would be more like DET/CLE model here.

I honestly say we get Leftwich, Culpepper, or Plummer.  I like Leftwich because he is younger.  I like Culpepper because he was a monster just a few years ago.  I know many have gaven up on him but I'm telling you he still has the talent there.  As for Plummer, he can sramble and would be my third option.

Heres to hoping the DOLPHINS and JAGS win out so they are looking to unload these guys.  BUCS THIRD ROUNDER ANYONE?

#24 : December 14, 2006, 02:36:44 PM

Draft:

R1: Best player available, hopefully Adams (not RB)
R2: Defensive tackle or linebacker
R2: Linebacker or defensive tackle
R3: Cornerback
R4: Center
R5: Wide reciever

Don't care after that. If we can target positions last year, we can do the same this year.

Free Agency:

Release Rice, Spires, Quarles, and Wade.
Resign Simms and White.
Hope that a good center is available, otherwise see R4 or Mahan (hopefully not).
Sign veteran QB with WCO experience like Garcia to work with Simms.
Sign one of the better safeties.

Why the LBs?  They are so far down the list right now...  DB has Winborn behind him, Ruud is ready to start his development AS A STARTER, Nece is solid.

I would agree on alot of what you said, though.

Who are the best DTs out there?

Shag

Pro Bowler

#25 : December 14, 2006, 02:57:10 PM

Why the LBs?  They are so far down the list right now...  DB has Winborn behind him, Ruud is ready to start his development AS A STARTER, Nece is solid.

I would agree on alot of what you said, though.

Who are the best DTs out there?

We shoud start getting Brooks replacement ready. Winborn is not that guy. Rufus Alexander and Earl Everett are a couple of smaller speed LB's that should be around in the 2nd. For DT's Amobi Okoye might be there in the 2nd with Marcus Thomas.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 14, 2006, 03:01:29 PM

We shoud start getting Brooks replacement ready. Winborn is not that guy.

I'm not sure we've seen enough to make this determination.  I also agree that DT is the biggest need, and several of the offseason scenarios I've seen posted on this board ignore it.

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#27 : December 14, 2006, 03:04:45 PM

I'm not sure we've seen enough to make this determination. I also agree that DT is the biggest need, and several of the offseason scenarios I've seen posted on this board ignore it.

Buster Davis/FSU is the perfect replacement for Brooks. You can only replace a great FSU LB with another great FSU LB.

Booger

Starter

#28 : December 14, 2006, 03:07:23 PM

I'm not sure we've seen enough to make this determination. I also agree that DT is the biggest need, and several of the offseason scenarios I've seen posted on this board ignore it.

Buster Davis/FSU is the perfect replacement for Brooks. You can only replace a great FSU LB with another great FSU LB.

Cato June perhaps?

#29 : December 14, 2006, 03:09:05 PM

We shoud start getting Brooks replacement ready. Winborn is not that guy. Rufus Alexander and Earl Everett are a couple of smaller speed LB's that should be around in the 2nd. For DT's Amobi Okoye might be there in the 2nd with Marcus Thomas.

I'm not sure if Winborn is the guy either, but he's good enough to make me consider LB, in general, the lowest priority of all three of the defensive areas.

That being said, I'm not against bringing in a great LB if the deal is there, just that we shouldn't be pursuing one insanely...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If I were GM(long read) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools