Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jerramy Stevens "alleged" rape via Seattle Times « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 02, 2008, 05:12:29 PM

I don't have any problem with Stevens. If he keeps his nose clean, it's cool. If he doesn't, he's outta here.

#16 : June 02, 2008, 05:19:52 PM

Yes, because I'm sure the girl no clue what was going on. He must have raped her because grils rarely get wasted and bang a dude then don't remember.

Unless you were there and new what event took place it's pointless as an outsider reading her side of the story. 

actually, its not. There is overwhelming evidence, including Stevens own admission of guilt, that he did this. Dont stick up for him

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 02, 2008, 05:20:32 PM

I find it hard to believe that he committed anal rape on a virgin without having said lubricant.

The vagina is a wonderful thing player, works wonders to go back door

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 02, 2008, 05:20:45 PM

I don't have any problem with Stevens. If he keeps his nose clean, it's cool. If he doesn't, he's outta here.

That seems to be the rational stance, IMO.

#19 : June 02, 2008, 05:22:59 PM

nobody should post until they read the whole story. Jeremy Stevens is a real POS, and is guilty on all accounts. Get out of here with this "let it go through the courts" stuff. The guy was a god in Washington, so the courts arent the final say on guilt

Would you let Charles Manson plkay on our team as long as he kept his nocse clean? How about one of those guys on "to catch a predator" if they ran a 4.4 40? Everyone who bothers to read the story knows he is guilty

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 02, 2008, 05:23:04 PM

actually, its not. There is overwhelming evidence, including Stevens own admission of guilt, that he did this. Dont stick up for him

Guilt that he banged her? Of course, and I'm not sticking up for him but the story doesn't make sense. The girl and Stevens did what many drunk people in college do, things they regret.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 02, 2008, 05:23:14 PM

Thanks Biggs. Common sense aint so common around here sometimes. ;)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 02, 2008, 05:24:11 PM

is guilty on all accounts.

No he's not, charges weren't brought against him

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 02, 2008, 05:28:21 PM

Yes, because I'm sure the girl no clue what was going on. He must have raped her because grils rarely get wasted and bang a dude then don't remember.

Unless you were there and new what event took place it's pointless as an outsider reading her side of the story. 

I dunno Ronde, but you sound like a guy with daughters who believes everything they say.

Do I think he got a break? Maybe. Or maybe she just woke up and felt bad. Anal bleeding will do that to you (at least that's what Chrispy pm'ed me).

The bottom line is that it's over, an eight year old story that won't die.

#24 : June 02, 2008, 05:30:38 PM

The month before, just after 3 a.m. on June 4, a UW student called 911 to report a possible rape in progress. Walking back to his dorm, he'd passed a row of fraternities and sororities and seen two people against a building. A woman, wearing only a bra and maybe underwear, leaned against a wall, arms to her side. A tall man faced her, his back to the passer-by. The situation didn't look right, the student told police. The woman looked right at him but did nothing to cover up. She looked drugged or drunk: "Half passed out ... eyes glazed ... no one home." "The male was controlling things," the witness said. "It wasn't a two-person interlude." When the man turned and caught sight of the passer-by, he moved the woman behind a bush. Seattle police responded but couldn't find the two.

Nine hours later, around noon, a 19-year-old freshman woke up at the Pi Beta Phi sorority. She had a headache, stomach pain, sore ribs, scratched legs. She could barely move. Her bra and tube top were around her waist and covered in dirt. Her underwear was missing. "What happened to me?" she asked her roommate. About the same time, Jerramy Stevens emerged from his room. He lived with several teammates in a house north of campus. He pulled a pair of women's underpants out of his jeans pocket and, according to a police report, told a roommate, "Look what I have." Stevens said he'd had sex with the freshman, whose middle name was Marie. "No way," the roommate said. He couldn't believe it, because he had heard Marie was a virgin. Stevens' story made the rounds. A friend of Marie's heard one football player ask another: Did you hear that Jerramy had sex with Marie in the dirt outside a fraternity? Meanwhile, Marie and her friends tried to figure out what had happened. Inside Marie's room, a friend saw a fleece jacket that Stevens wore the night before. The jacket, covered in dirt, appeared to be stained with blood. Marie couldn't remember how she got home, she later told police. She'd had three beers over dinner before going to a fraternity party, and two more drinks while there. Stevens, a friend, had been at the party, too. The last beer Marie remembered being handed had already been opened. After that, she remembered next to nothing.

He is a god in Washington, so in what universe has there not been corruption within the legal system, mostly in favor of celebrities? you are a POS if you back ^^^this guy. Im only glad it wasnt your daughter/sister. I could see it now. "daddy he raped me, it's okay honey he caught 4 TDs last year!"

This isnt just circumstantial evidence, and if he wasnt the biggest star in Washington state at the time, he would be in prison right now

None of this includes his problems with alcohol and DUIs, and other problems he has caused. We wont even get into all of those

#25 : June 02, 2008, 05:35:55 PM

Guilt that he banged her? Of course, and I'm not sticking up for him but the story doesn't make sense. The girl and Stevens did what many drunk people in college do, things they regret.

what an ignorant statement.It doesnt take daughters or sisters, it takes the basic form of human compassion. This isnt some Duke lacrosse case. There was a witness who actually called police to report a rape, if that wasnt enough the girl herself reported a rape. If thats not enough, she was a known virgin by everyone, who had her blood on Stevens jacket. Her panties were in Stevens possession, and his roommate told police the story. Dirt everywhere, lacerations, girl is a virgin = not just some drunk college wh@re. Ive met and known PLENTY of guys who do these kinds of things. It is very common in high school/college and most girls never even remember anything or report it

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 02, 2008, 06:00:31 PM

One thing I got from the article is it was blatently obvious the writer had an ax to grind against UW.  Without any other reports or stories to go by,  I have some doubts.  I know facts can be cherry-picked in a story to make things seem more one-sided than they are.  Even then,  a lot of the info is inconclusive.  A lot of they said, a little she said, and no he said.

She'd had three beers over dinner before going to a fraternity party, and two more drinks while there. Stevens, a friend, had been at the party, too. The last beer Marie remembered being handed had already been opened. After that, she remembered next to nothing.

3 beers before the party, 2 drinks (beers? shots?) at the party, then 1 more beer.  Yes it could be something reprehensible, or it could be a petite girl, not used to alcohol, drinking 6 drinks too many.  Just no way to know.

If we had Stevens side, or if there was another source other than a reporter with an ax grinding agenda, then I could lean towards ronde's POV.  But without it I can't make a decision.  I just hope Allen did have access to more info and made a sound decision.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 02, 2008, 06:10:58 PM

Just how many times is this going to be posted?
The search feature is your friend!
He with out guilt may throw the first stone!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 02, 2008, 06:18:10 PM

Had ATL signed him, this would have been a much different thread. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 02, 2008, 06:25:40 PM

This is not the first time I have read the story and I have read the entire thing.  

Some of the people on this board act like he is 100% guilty because this came out.  They also act like you have to be a model citizen to play in the NFL.  

I was charged with running a guy over when I was 16.  The charge was Aggrevated Battery with a deadly weapon.  After fighting the case in court I was found to be not guilty.  Then when I was 17 I was charged with assult which agian I had to fight in court to be found not guilty.  However, you could easly say that I was charged with these so I must be guilty, just like people are doing with Stevens.  Therefore, without hearing my side of the story I shouldn't be able to play in men's league softball, teach high school, or be able to spend any time in the community.  I was charged therefore I am a crazy man that can fly off the handle and try to run you down with my car.  

Sounds kind of ignorant to believe that when it is pointed out in another light?  

this is why the last thing you should believe is a story that presents one side.  How many article do you believe in the Trib or Times?  This guy just write for the local media like our hacks here do.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jerramy Stevens "alleged" rape via Seattle Times « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools