Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jerramy Stevens "alleged" rape via Seattle Times « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 02, 2008, 06:26:33 PM

Had ATL signed him, this would have been a much different thread.

No it wouldn't.  Some people would still think football players have to be saints while others realize nobody is perfect.

Watchman

Starter

#31 : June 02, 2008, 06:39:17 PM

Would you let Charles Manson plkay on our team as long as he kept his nocse clean? How about one of those guys on "to catch a predator" if they ran a 4.4 40? Everyone who bothers to read the story knows he is guilty

While this is a disturbing story I'm not sure any of us has the ability to "let" Stevens, Manson, or Hitler play for the Bucs.

This is similar to when my wife pulls up the map online of where the sex offenders live.  What the hell do you want me to do about it?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 02, 2008, 06:48:16 PM

actually, its not. There is overwhelming evidence, including Stevens own admission of guilt, that he did this. Dont stick up for him

Guilt that he banged her? Of course, and I'm not sticking up for him but the story doesn't make sense. The girl and Stevens did what many drunk people in college do, things they regret.

what an ignorant statement.It doesnt take daughters or sisters, it takes the basic form of human compassion. This isnt some Duke lacrosse case. There was a witness who actually called police to report a rape, if that wasnt enough the girl herself reported a rape. If thats not enough, she was a known virgin by everyone, who had her blood on Stevens jacket. Her panties were in Stevens possession, and his roommate told police the story. Dirt everywhere, lacerations, girl is a virgin = not just some drunk college wh@re. Ive met and known PLENTY of guys who do these kinds of things. It is very common in high school/college and most girls never even remember anything or report it

Now if he was to go to another team and become an all pro caliber tight end and show to be a completely rehabilitated indiviual, would it be considered to be a major mistake by our FO that they let him get away.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 02, 2008, 06:51:50 PM

Difference might be Manson was in fact convicted.

Stevens was not convicted in criminal court (it didn't even get that far). The family had the option of civil court and CHOSE not to go that route. There has to be a reason why.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

The Q

Pro Bowler

#34 : June 02, 2008, 07:03:27 PM

With all the alleged things that Stevens has done or is accused of doing, how has he managed to play in the NFL over the past six years or so? I find it difficult for convicts to be let out to play on Sundays. Is this a convicted felon or an accused, but not convicted individual?

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 02, 2008, 07:05:13 PM

He has been convicted.  By many of the people in society and the writer of the articles.  He was not convicted for anything major in court. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 02, 2008, 07:16:42 PM

Jerramy Stevens was raped?  Aw what a poor guy...

I say we all pray for him tonight.  You never want this to happen to anyone.  It will mess with your head and could be something you never recover from. Lets hope he rebounds from this and can get on the field and win us some games...

EDIT:  Oh, sorry I just read the title of the thread and posted a comment.  I think its a classic case of a dumb girl trying to get money from a wealthy athlete...

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 02, 2008, 07:20:49 PM

Jerramy Stevens was raped? Aw what a poor guy...

I say we all pray for him tonight. You never want this to happen to anyone. It will mess with your head and could be something you never recover from. Lets hope he rebounds from this and can get on the field and win us some games...

EDIT: Oh, sorry I just read the title of the thread and posted a comment. I think its a classic case of a dumb girl trying to get money from a wealthy athlete...

Problem is that he was in college and had no money.

#38 : June 02, 2008, 07:21:38 PM

Jerramy Stevens was raped? Aw what a poor guy...

I say we all pray for him tonight. You never want this to happen to anyone. It will mess with your head and could be something you never recover from. Lets hope he rebounds from this and can get on the field and win us some games...

EDIT: Oh, sorry I just read the title of the thread and posted a comment. I think its a classic case of a dumb girl trying to get money from a wealthy athlete...

Problem is that he was in college and had no money.

LOL, like nobody knew he was headed for some cheddar....

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 02, 2008, 07:22:39 PM

I do not think that the judge can give money based of a person likely future earnings because there is no way of knowing if it will actually happen.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 02, 2008, 07:26:55 PM

I really don't want to defend the guy, but I'm not ready to run him from the town either.  I just happened to be in my car a little today.  Head Ron and Ian and Steve.  It's so hard to tell how genuine any of them are because we kow they all have an axe to grind with the Bucs for whatever reason. Which really makes me wanna give the guy a chance because they are SOOOO against it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 02, 2008, 07:37:49 PM

The guy was given a chance and produced.  His talent is more than welcomed in my view as the Bucs offense could use him along with Troupe and Smith.  That would give the Gruden (who has a fetish for TE's) a lot of mismatches he can generate.  Stevens deceptively quickness, with Smith being able to find the open holes in zone, and Troupe just a big target in the flats.   About time I say the Bucs start stacking some talent.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 02, 2008, 08:02:51 PM

The facts are nobody really knows what happened...if it was by consent or not...and I believe if she was drugged it would show in the blood up to 3 or 4 days later...anybody remember Monica Lewinski...just saying.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 02, 2008, 08:03:42 PM

nobody should post until they read the whole story. Jeremy Stevens is a real POS, and is guilty on all accounts. Get out of here with this "let it go through the courts" stuff. The guy was a god in Washington, so the courts arent the final say on guilt

Would you let Charles Manson plkay on our team as long as he kept his nocse clean? How about one of those guys on "to catch a predator" if they ran a 4.4 40? Everyone who bothers to read the story knows he is guilty

You are reading a lot into the girl's story - and the comparison is very poor.  

What IF - and it is an IF - the girl got drunk, the boy got drunk, and they had sex, and others found out, and she thought her dad would go nuts - and she embellished her version?  When we know Ronde - I am right there with my finger on the switch - but for now you have a reporter who is trying to make a story about the university, a girl who wouldn't press charges, and seemed very satisfied with the financial settlement.  

I wish I knew.  I don't.  And none of us here knows - and Jeremy and the girl aren't talking.  And they are the only two who know - and yea. maybe only one knows everything - and I hate it as well.  

So they both get to move on with their lives. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 03, 2008, 02:57:15 PM

Stevens is still a RAPIST! via Seattle Times.

Well, if the Seattle Times says it, then...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jerramy Stevens "alleged" rape via Seattle Times « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools