Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suggest A Song... For Others To Download or Buy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 16, 2006, 10:49:20 AM

anything by zao

zao-ps77
toto- africa
men at work- I come from a land down under

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 16, 2006, 11:41:03 AM

Spongebob Squarepants  --  Best Day Ever.  (Me and my daughter dig the Sponge...)

#32 : December 16, 2006, 03:31:46 PM

anything Lil John + Eastside Boyz + Ying Yang Twins
- Get Low
- Bojangles

ect.

lyrical masterpieces they are.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 16, 2006, 03:40:59 PM

I'm glad I'm not basing my CD collection on this thread.    I think this thread may have more terrible music suggested than any music suggestion thread I've ever seen.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 16, 2006, 03:46:27 PM

I'm glad I'm not basing my CD collection on this thread.    I think this thread may have more terrible music suggested than any music suggestion thread I've ever seen.

I concur, but everyone has their own taste OR lack thereof.

#35 : December 16, 2006, 05:10:37 PM

my post was purely humor...I don't actually like that horrible rap....I like most music (rock and rap included) but I can't listen to most of the mainstream artists.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 16, 2006, 05:58:32 PM

my post was purely humor

That was obvious.....no one really likes that crap, do they  ???

#37 : December 16, 2006, 06:00:39 PM

sadly......yes

#38 : December 16, 2006, 11:29:12 PM

Fergilicious - Fergie
My Hump - Black Eyed Peas
London Bridges Falling Down - Fergie
CHicken Noodle Soup - Some No Talent Ass Clown

you forgot Walk it Out by Unc

#39 : December 16, 2006, 11:56:34 PM

Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNh1sO0lFZ4

very good song, my favorite line is 'let's make cocaine cool', very anti-mainstream rap. Kid's got some talent, and Jill Scott is very good in it.

#40 : December 17, 2006, 02:06:02 AM

So are any of you actually trying to hear the songs people are posting?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 17, 2006, 08:58:55 AM

I'd suspect not. There's a lot of single genre popsts or else bands I've heard before. There's little "new".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 17, 2006, 10:41:49 AM

I'd suspect not. There's a lot of single genre popsts or else bands I've heard before. There's little "new".

I know I posted quite a few that 99.5% of the posters here would not have heard before...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 17, 2006, 11:02:10 AM

Yes, I have actually downloaded and previewed a few tracks.   A lot of the stuff isn't really my taste, especially the new/recent tracks.  The problem these days is the artists don't start with fundamentals, they don't play instruments or compose music.

I downloaded a lot of stuff recently and deliberately picked some stuff from 20-30 years ago that I didn't really listen to back then.  When I was a teenager I had my favorite bands(genesis, supertramp, pink floyd etc), and a few of my fiends had different tastes (rush, kiss, led zep etc).  The one common denominator with most of the rock groups from that era is they could all wrote fundamentally sound music and they could/can play.  When I listen to a group like Led Zepp today I actually appreciate how good they actually were.

You always have 'popular' bands in any era like the Black Eyed Peas today, but in twenty years time no one will be listening to them.   There was a few groups I liked many years ago that were very popular(Soft Cell, Human League etc), but their music doesn't transcend generations quite the same.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 17, 2006, 11:31:29 AM

Yes, I have actually downloaded and previewed a few tracks.   A lot of the stuff isn't really my taste, especially the new/recent tracks.  The problem these days is the artists don't start with fundamentals, they don't play instruments or compose music.

I downloaded a lot of stuff recently and deliberately picked some stuff from 20-30 years ago that I didn't really listen to back then.  When I was a teenager I had my favorite bands(genesis, supertramp, pink floyd etc), and a few of my fiends had different tastes (rush, kiss, led zep etc).  The one common denominator with most of the rock groups from that era is they could all wrote fundamentally sound music and they could/can play.  When I listen to a group like Led Zepp today I actually appreciate how good they actually were.

You always have 'popular' bands in any era like the Black Eyed Peas today, but in twenty years time no one will be listening to them.   There was a few groups I liked many years ago that were very popular(Soft Cell, Human League etc), but their music doesn't transcend generations quite the same.

I have listened to some of the stuff posted that I ahven't heard before, but I didn't really dig it.

As for the Black Eyed Peas......... Believe it or not, their older stuff (Pre-Fergie) was very good.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suggest A Song... For Others To Download or Buy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools