Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Carr « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 13, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »

Carr is promising, but not for a 1st round pick..

agreed...

« #16 : December 13, 2006, 09:12:46 PM »

For all you Madden guys out there...can you imagine using Garcia or Brunell?

I shudder at the thought.

I would rather have Carr myself, we all know the man is tough. He takes a beatdown from game to game. Our O-line is an upgrade over theirs, IMO.
I shudder at our WRs getting no seperation....you know what game that would actually happen in ....NFL 2k5...

Buc31

Starter

« #17 : December 13, 2006, 09:14:29 PM »

No way we draft another o-linemen in the 1st round...Gruden is gonna want to go high profile this time around, watch and see.

I agree. We took linemen the first two rounds, and we're gonna take one again? Lineman don't catch or throw passes, he's gonna shake it up. Hope we do get Carr though!

Bucnation619

Second String

« #18 : December 13, 2006, 09:17:29 PM »

that true!!

« #19 : December 13, 2006, 09:19:46 PM »

i love his tuffness.... haven't watched him play much this year though. I know he's makin a nice piece of change but would welcome him.

2007 5,250,000.00
2008 6,000,000.00

« #20 : December 13, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »

that true!!
what's true?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 13, 2006, 09:22:13 PM »

Carr shows potential but probably will not fully realize it in Houston it looks like unfortunately.

One week he is laser accurate (lots of short throws hehe I can here the anti -dink and dunk crowd moaning in the background already) and a few weeks later he had an abysmal showing against the Raiders.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #22 : December 13, 2006, 09:24:49 PM »

There are too many issues with the O, so where to you begin?  Get a QB that is destined to fail because the line can't block long enough for the WR to run a route or go back to the old building a line first? 

I still say the guys that get paid to evaluate tallent aren't doing a good enough job.  Some teams seem to make progress in this area, but we don't, year after year.  I beleive this has been one of the core problems in the Bucs organization.  Once the tallent is acquired, the coaching staff has to develop them, and I'm not too confident some of our coaches are doing that either. 

Anyway, I'm in for the long haul, for better or worse.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #23 : December 13, 2006, 09:26:20 PM »

Carr sucks! The fans want to get rid of him here because he won't throw the ball down the field. Sound familiar? He is gun shy and always will be. He won't throw the ball down the field with Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds, what do you think he'll do with our sorry receivers? I forgot to mention the biggest knock on him is his lack of leadership skills! He's Simms with a little more talent.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 13, 2006, 09:26:23 PM »

There are too many issues with the O, so where to you begin? Get a QB that is destined to fail because the line can't block long enough for the WR to run a route or go back to the old building a line first?

I still say the guys that get paid to evaluate tallent aren't doing a good enough job. Some teams seem to make progress in this area, but we don't, year after year. I beleive this has been one of the core problems in the Bucs organization. Once the tallent is acquired, the coaching staff has to develop them, and I'm not too confident some of our coaches are doing that either.

You can come out and say it.  Muir and Bisaccia suck.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #25 : December 13, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »

There are too many issues with the O, so where to you begin? Get a QB that is destined to fail because the line can't block long enough for the WR to run a route or go back to the old building a line first?

I still say the guys that get paid to evaluate tallent aren't doing a good enough job. Some teams seem to make progress in this area, but we don't, year after year. I beleive this has been one of the core problems in the Bucs organization. Once the tallent is acquired, the coaching staff has to develop them, and I'm not too confident some of our coaches are doing that either.

You can come out and say it.  Muir and Bisaccia suck.
That's a step in the right direction.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 13, 2006, 09:45:07 PM »

If Carr becomes available, I'd jump at him. He has some mobility and he hasn't played that bad in Houston. The guy has a 87.5 QB rating, more TDs than INTs, and a has completed nearly 70% of his passes for a pathetic Houston team this year. He's also only 27 years old. If I had to choose between him and Simms, I'd take Carr. Also, Houston doesn't have a very good line at all.

If Houston was seriously looking at getting rid of Carr, then I'd be willing to trade a second round pick for him, but that's about it. Our #1 pick is worth a hell of a lot more than Carr. That being said, if we lose one of our second round picks for Carr, we'd have a decent vetran QB who still has a decent upside, is still young, and might get a lot better under Gruden.

I really don't think Houston can afford to get rid of him though. He just recently signed a long term deal and Houston would take a huge cap hit if they tried to trade or cut him.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 13, 2006, 10:21:56 PM »

Carr sucks! The fans want to get rid of him here because he won't throw the ball down the field. Sound familiar?

Well Carr is playing to the strengths of the West Coast offense.  Yes they are deeper passes in the WCO offense but for the most part it is a ball control style offense. Let me guess they are accusing him of dumping off too much to his backs right?  Lots of checkdowns? Well guess what?  That is the WCO. 

Like I said I can see the anti dink and dunk crowd moaning already but he looks to be turning that corner.  That is why I think he is an option if Garcia is no longer a viable one.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 13, 2006, 10:32:41 PM »

Wow.  With all this talk of guys like Carr, Garcia, Brunell, I am starting to think you guys are resigned to Gruden staying!

I hope Gruden stays.  I hope he gets a QB that can create some O for the team.  I hope, I hope...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #29 : December 13, 2006, 10:34:49 PM »

Another former Texan seems to have resurrected his career here, so maybe Carr can do the same?
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Carr « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools