Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name your picks « previous next »
Page: 1

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: December 13, 2006, 09:56:56 PM

Name your top five player personel concerns to address in the offseason.

1) D-LINE   -Need pass rush.                                                    -->FA
2) QB         -Breez of '07?                                                         -->FA
3) Safety    -Goodbye Phillips AND Allen.. Atleast 1 dammit.       -->DRAFT
4) OL         -Center, LT.                                                             -->FA and DRAFT
5) WR        -Playmaking #2                                                       -->FA

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 13, 2006, 10:03:50 PM

1a) D-line
  b) O-line (These pieces are interchangeable, but they need the MOST work in allowing for the scheme we are using to suceed)

2) Safety.  Have you seen JP and Will Allen lately?  They are backups.

3) WR.  Because the WCO demands for a short, mid range pass, and for the player to be able to bring the funk.

4) LB.  Because Winborn is unproven so far as a Buc, Ruud is unproven as a Buc, and well, Nece is okey dokey I guess.  Q and DB are shadows of themselves.  Once in a blue moon, they feel the juice, and lay someone out, or make a nice play, but for the most part, they need to be considered aftherthoughts.

5) QB.  Because we aren't sure if Simms is gone or not, we don't know about McCowns skill set, Grads is a quality backup type, and well, with O-line play, and some slick WR play, a QB with marginal skills can run the offense.  It simply requires a little mobility, and some accuracy ( a little zip on the ball would not hurt, but Brad Johnson isn't complaining.)

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 14, 2006, 11:28:02 AM

Except possibly for Thomas, no offensive players in the first day of the draft.

DL,DL, Safety, CB, LB.

Any players needed on offense should come from FA, if possible. However, if we are able to get any top knotch players on defense from FA for the positions I have shown, I would then CONSIDER someone on offense. But not in the first 3 picks. We have almost zero depth on defense.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 14, 2006, 11:41:54 AM

DL,DL, Safety, CB, LB.

Any players needed on offense should come from FA, if possible. However, if we are able to get any top knotch players on defense from FA for the positions I have shown, I would then CONSIDER someone on offense. But not in the first 3 picks. We have almost zero depth on defense.

That's pretty much what I think too. Unless we sign Briggs, I would like to get a LB in R2.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 14, 2006, 01:00:08 PM

Bottom line, we need a nasty, ass-kicking, relentless, murderous Defensive line!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 14, 2006, 01:08:51 PM

bottom line is we need the best mad dogg killers money can buy for our D-line ;D ;D ;D ;D

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 14, 2006, 06:47:10 PM

Indeed:)

Badabingnrt

Starter

#7 : December 14, 2006, 06:53:42 PM

Simple sign Lance Briggs, Adalius Thomas, or worst case London Fletcher.  Then sign another CB like Clements or Samuel.  Move Kelly over to Safety.(Yea i know he was our best cover corner, but his turf toe injury concerns me.  I dont think he is going to be up to par)

Sign a VET QB like Plummer, Leftwich, or Culpepper.  Probably would have to trade for the later two.

Draft:
1- WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech(also am intrigued by JeMarcus Russell)
2-DT DeMarcus Tyler, NC State
2-S Brandon Meriweather, Miami
3-FB Brian Leonard, Rutgers
4-C Kyle Young, Fresno State
5-LB Nate Harris, Louisville

QB Jake Plummer
RB Cadillac Wlliams
FB Brian Leonard
WR Joey Galloway
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Michael Clayton/Maurice Stovall
TE Alex Smith
T Roman Oben
G Dan Buenning
C Kyle Young
G Davin Joseph
T Jeremy Trueblood

DE Simeon Rice
DT DeMarcus Tyler
DT Chris Hovan
DE DeWayne White
LB Derrick Brooks
MLB Barrett Ruud
LB Lance Briggs
CB Ronde Barber
CB Nate Clements
S Brian Kelly
S Will Allen

nfc south champs yet again

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 14, 2006, 08:59:12 PM

DL,DL, Safety, CB, LB.

Agree. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 14, 2006, 09:14:04 PM

You should always take the best available player and never reach for a need.  The  best guys in this draft are Thomas, Johnson, and Peterson.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#10 : December 14, 2006, 11:18:51 PM

1) DT
2) DE
3) QB
4) WSLB
5) C

1) 3rd/4th round draft pick. Patch it up for another year because I see no real solutions around. Tyler/Okoye might be nice in the early 2nd, but I'd still pass. The two that fit our scheme the most in Thomas and Mebane are average and/or have character issues.
2) Gaines Adams!!!
3) Take our chances with Simms hopefully. Though, Jake Plummer wouldn't be a bad option. The guy has been a decent starter and quarterbacked playoff teams in the past. Worst case scenario guy though. A 2nd rounder on a QB wouldn't be a bad idea either.
4) Lance Briggs!!!
5) Take Kyle Young/Doug Datish. Whoever falls further.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Name your picks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools