Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the running backs.... « previous next »
Page: 1

: June 04, 2008, 02:00:10 PM

Article on ESPN.  (Free Insider Preview)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=3424397

OURS:

32. Carnell Williams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Superpower -- Williams can be a great running back with his rare vision, aggressiveness and natural running instincts. He plays the game with passion and has an excellent burst to attack a defense. It is difficult to predict how he will recover from his latest injury, but when he is right, there are few who run the ball like Williams.
Kryptonite -- He just cannot stay on the field. He runs extremely hard and isn't really built to take that kind of pounding. Making matters worse, he just seems to have bad luck when it comes to injuries. He very well could get healthy and re-establish himself a great back, but he might also never play effectively again.

37. Earnest Graham, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Superpower -- You have to love Graham's effort and work ethic. Those traits paid off for him in a big way last year and he grabbed the Buccaneers' starting running back job by the throat. He is tough and reliable and will fight for every yard possible. Graham runs low, doesn't avoid contact and has a little wiggle to his running style. Despite his age, he also has very little wear on his tires.
Kryptonite -- Before last season Graham has only been a depth runner and special teams player. Physically, he isn't overwhelming in any area and his performance last season has to be considered at or near his ceiling. He isn't big and will need to be spelled at times to stay effective, and he should not be considered the running back of the future in Tampa Bay.

38. Warrick Dunn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Superpower -- The Bucs will be thrilled to have Dunn back in the fold. He is the ultimate professional and has outstanding character. He does all the little things well and knows what it takes to be a success. His attitude should be infectious and he can be counted on to contribute to Jon Gruden's offense on any down. Not only has he put together a great career, but Dunn is also the type of player who is very easy to root for.
Kryptonite -- Many knock Dunn for being too small, but he has proved time and time again that he can get the job done. However, he isn't a back who you want to carry the entire load at this stage of his career and his exceptional quickness and elusiveness are beginning to fade.

Fair assessment...   ???

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 04, 2008, 02:02:48 PM

Good assessment from ESPN for a change.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#2 : June 04, 2008, 02:04:17 PM

Sure it is.

I wonder why they left Mike Bennett off the list?

He'd be in the higher 60's-90's IMO because of his speed and already having success.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 04, 2008, 05:08:51 PM

Wonder when this was written? Strengths for Graham are effort and work ethic? He must have lost that on his way to Drew Rosenhaus' office or left them in the office after he left. I guess we'll see when training camp starts.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 04, 2008, 05:35:31 PM

Because they aren't Bucs homers?

gdavis

Starter

#5 : June 04, 2008, 05:45:17 PM

After what I've seen, I'd rank Graham ahead of Williams.  Actually, I'd put Dunn ahead of him too.  Outside of three games during his rookie season, Carnell Williams had done little to impress me. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

#6 : June 04, 2008, 06:06:04 PM

After what I've seen, I'd rank Graham ahead of Williams. Actually, I'd put Dunn ahead of him too. Outside of three games during his rookie season, Carnell Williams had done little to impress me.

For once, we agree. I, too, think Graham is the best back we currently have on the roster.

Because they aren't Bucs homers?

Agreed. The guy has done nuthin since 02.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 04, 2008, 10:22:53 PM

The assessment was pretty accurate but I agree with the questioning of Cadillac re-establishing his "greatness"

I think Cadillac has some skills that could make him play great at times but his lack of receiving skills are one of the main areas that keep him a tier or two below great.

Turn the page.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the running backs.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools