Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia hints at retiring if he doesn't get a new contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 04, 2008, 07:45:48 PM

we are in a win now attitude... and the glazers are strapped for money.  and gruden just hates mistakes.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 04, 2008, 07:48:58 PM

im looking forward to hearing 4bucs, bucjoe, and hate's response to this

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 04, 2008, 07:53:59 PM

Now, the better question is. Are the fans and the media ready for some growing pains? Hum.....

an even better question!

Are The Glazers and Gruden ready for the growing pains?
Gruden's answer:
No

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 04, 2008, 07:55:48 PM

If he's at all seriously thinking about it, he should do it.  In fact, I almost would rather this season "go down in flames" (worse case scenario for the sky is falling folks) if it would set this team on the path to establishing a legitimate long term starting (McCown, draft pick, whatever).

Why is that the worst case scenario for us doom sayers?  I wanted the Bucs to draft Brohm. :(

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 04, 2008, 07:59:15 PM

::Shrugs shoulders::....He's got the money to live well off for the rest of his life. Maybe not extravigant, but better than average joe. But IMO his "talk" is getting to be reason enough to just say "bye". Also IMO, he is a turd to be acting like this NOW. It's almost scary how much he thinks of himself, and how self-serving he really is (if this is legitimate info of course). If he had ANY consideration for the team, he should have stated all this "retirment" stuff along time ago. He's a good player, no lie, but he suffers from foot-in-mouth disease at this point if all this is truth.

So, we (yet again) have our backs against the wall. We either pay a vet that has 1-3yrs (at best), or take a chance on McCown-Griese and/or JJ. Problem is....If we pay the guy, is he going to compete, or is he just going to do the bare minimum? Personally, I think it's a buff..... (like chad)....." I may be crazy, but I an't insane". At Garcias age, he has to get whatever he can out of football. His years of playing are almost over, and he knows it. If youre about to retire, I'm sure you would want as much money as you could get in the last few years before you do.

Signing BG was (to me) a clear sign that they didn't trust JG comming into this season. For whatever reason this off-season, they just didn't. So now, if he chooses to leave, we still have a vet QB. They knew something was up, before all this started. I've never met the guy, but maybe he was conceided in the eyes of FO. If he goes, I say "cya. don't let the door hit ya on the way out". After all, we didn't do to bad with BG last time we had him here...best statistics he's ever had anyway.

Don't let me fool you though. I would MUCH rather see JJ or McCown out there than BG, but I think they would go the "safe route" with BG of course. Garica needs to man up to his contract, and the FO needs to pay him for the two games he "could have played", after that, they should be even. If he's not happy with that, then I guess it IS time to go? :-[

#20 : June 04, 2008, 07:59:54 PM

Screw this guy!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 04, 2008, 08:01:10 PM

I have to admit this has been a strange off season.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 04, 2008, 08:03:06 PM

Screw this guy!!!

hahaha woo!!!!!!!  so true

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 04, 2008, 08:06:26 PM

I have to admit this has been a strange off season.

mmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 04, 2008, 08:06:55 PM

Unlike a certain RB who shall remain nameless, Garcia's threat actually carries some weight.

If he carries through on a hard line stance (threatening retirement, not showing for TC) we are not the same team. QB's are different. So make him happy this year.

Next year...out on his a$$ he goes.

#25 : June 04, 2008, 08:13:21 PM

Unlike a certain RB who shall remain nameless, Garcia's threat actually carries some weight.

If he carries through on a hard line stance (threatening retirement, not showing for TC) we are not the same team.

My expectations for this season aren't that great that I'd succomb to being held hostage by an elderly qb. I'm of the mindset that he and 13 tds can be easily replaced.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 04, 2008, 08:13:50 PM

If he carries through on a hard line stance (threatening retirement, not showing for TC) we are not the same team. QB's are different. So make him happy this year.

Next year...out on his a$$ he goes.

Garcia has weight to his situation, but that doesnt mean EG doesn't. Honestly, I'd be happy with a downhill runner like EG and a QB that can throw far like McCown.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 04, 2008, 08:15:28 PM

that is a hilarious link...its safe to click on guys... its a surprise lol... who would do that?  i think i would.. thats tight.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 04, 2008, 08:27:13 PM

If he carries through on a hard line stance (threatening retirement, not showing for TC) we are not the same team.

My expectations for this season aren't that great that I'd succomb to being held hostage by an elderly qb. I'm of the mindset that he and 13 tds can be easily replaced.

And you may well be right Hate. It's not the Td's we'll miss. It's the extra turnovers that will be an issue in my mind.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 04, 2008, 08:29:43 PM

And you may well be right Hate. It's not the Td's we'll miss. It's the extra turnovers that will be an issue in my mind.

both of you are right.  great takes both of you.  hopefully luke has alreayd learned from those last 4 or 3 games he played about being smart... it seems like he has... it may have been here i saw an interveiw of him? or an article? he addresses the fact about those mental turnovers.. and basically said everything that he did wrong in those games is correctable easily.. its just mental... he said it comes with more playing time.  i believe in luke.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia hints at retiring if he doesn't get a new contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools