Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia hints at retiring if he doesn't get a new contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

buc5win

Starter

#30 : June 04, 2008, 08:31:04 PM

Luke should get the starting job anyways. Love what Garcia did for us last year but it's time to look to the future. one more injury and Garcia's done. even if he stays healthy he as at most two years left. he's two old to win us a SB.

JC510

Practice Squad

#31 : June 04, 2008, 08:31:30 PM

Garcia and Graham have no weight. They held back the offense with their limited skills. That's the brutal truth.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 04, 2008, 08:37:27 PM

Garcia and Graham have no weight. They held back the offense with their limited skills. That's the brutal truth.

If that was the case then why didn't the Bucs draft Mendenhall and Brohm?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 04, 2008, 08:37:58 PM

Now, the better question is. Are the fans and the media ready for some growing pains? Hum.....

.....ummmmm....

.....no

Part of me wants to see what McCown would do over 16 games. Part of me also realizes I may not like what he did.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 04, 2008, 08:40:30 PM

Isn't there an OTA this week for the Bucs?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JC510

Practice Squad

#35 : June 04, 2008, 08:41:13 PM

If that was the case then why didn't the Bucs draft Mendenhall and Brohm?

Because McCown is amazingly talented and Cadillac will be back.

#36 : June 04, 2008, 08:45:09 PM

Because Cadillac will be back.

Back to what?

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#37 : June 04, 2008, 08:46:47 PM

Here ya go Jeffy http://www.aarp.org/

...and say the word, I'll fly down, help ya pack up and give ya a lift to Tampa Int'l. Go somewhere else and pull this crap. You're NOT special.

Enough with the drama this offseason.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 04, 2008, 08:53:09 PM

He's not going to turn down a few million dollars, no way. That wife won't let him

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 04, 2008, 08:53:13 PM

Because Cadillac will be back.

Back to what?

back as depth. behind bennett and dunn... hopefully... lets not turn this into caddy sucks thread though... hahahaha  this is about we want luke to start.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 04, 2008, 09:28:39 PM

i can see it now...josh johnson leads Bucs to Super Bowl...... but anyway if this does happen then Griese will be the starter and if he can't cut it (I like him but he can't take a whole season) everyone who was hoping for McCown to start will get their wish. As for the development of Johnson....I just hope this kid does good

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 04, 2008, 09:30:54 PM

i can see it now...josh johnson leads Bucs to Super Bowl...... but anyway if this does happen then Griese will be the starter and if he can't cut it (I like him but he can't take a whole season) everyone who was hoping for McCown to start will get their wish. As for the development of Johnson....I just hope this kid does good

i dont see josh johnson leading us either... we are hoping for luke to lead us.

as once stated by SR "teams dont draft franchise quarterbacks in the fifth round"

i would be happy if we get a quality 2nd string qb out of josh johnson.

Plank

Starter

#42 : June 04, 2008, 09:31:59 PM

Bye bye Jeff. I do like his lack of turnovers and heart on the field, but I think his lack of arm strength ( already mentioned by someone but I can't remember who ) is a big part of why our big, physical WRs are struggling. They aren't gonna create the separation Joey does, but a QB with a gun can force it in there and a big WR can usually out muscle a lil cornerback for the ball. I'd like to keep him, but not if he's gonna be a queen about it.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 04, 2008, 09:34:15 PM

i dont see josh johnson leading us either... we are hoping for luke to lead us.

as once stated by SR "teams dont draft franchise quarterbacks in the fifth round"

i would be happy if we get a quality 2nd string qb out of josh johnson.

hah it was a joke...I'm a fan of Johnson but he won't be leading anything this year...And i don't see Luke doing it either. I think Luke might be a good temp QB and hopefully we get a gem out of Johnson and as quoted by me "teams draft franchise quarterbacks in the first round....and usually get screwed over"...so I'm on the anything can happen side but if not we will blow and have the chance to get that top tier QB

fortydeuce

Rookie

#44 : June 04, 2008, 09:38:04 PM

Jeff, thanks for playing. We've got some nice parting gifts for you.

Seriously, what would be the net effect if we actually cut Garcia? We'd lose a QB who threw a whopping 13 TDs, missed basically 4 games and forgot to strap it up before our playoff game. I'd much rather see the vet (BG) and the kid (LM) battle it out for the starters job with JJ in the wings. And we can spread his $2m salary over the next two seasons since its after 6/1.

I just was not overly impressed by Garcia last year. Our defense should be strong again and if we can move the ball enough I think we have enough overall talent to win the division again. Jeez, Monte's D got us to within a game of the super bowl with Shawn King for cryin' out loud.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia hints at retiring if he doesn't get a new contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools