Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Finals prediction? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: June 05, 2008, 05:15:44 PM

Sorry Leeroy, the C's traded for all of thier bigtime players, KG, Allen and Cassell who brought them 50 more wins than they had last year with thier homegrown talent.

Big difference that doesn't support my initial point. ::)

I would say that's a very big difference.  Having a GM with the balls to pull off those moves is great for the NBA.  It's a trading league, that's half the excitement.  And Cassell?  He joined the team with like 10 games left and never plays.  He has undoubtedly hurt them more than helped.  If you're going to be mad, be mad at the Memphis Grizzlies.  If this isn't the finals you wanted it is completely their fault.  At least Boston actually gave things up to get KG and Allen.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 05, 2008, 02:09:40 AM

I am going with the Lakers 4-1, because Kobe is in a freakin zone and he now has a good solid supporting cast which is going to prove to be way too much for the Celtics to handle. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 05, 2008, 09:13:38 AM

That's bad news for the Lakers.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 05, 2008, 11:47:01 AM

I predict that it won't be over soon enough.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 05, 2008, 11:57:16 AM

Yeah I normally don't care about the NBA very much either Todd, but the Kobe Bryant/Kevin Garnett matchup will be very intriguing to watch(not to mention Paul Pierce is pretty awesome as well).   

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 05, 2008, 12:10:30 PM

If you truly don't know Iron then you've never watched pro basketball - period.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#6 : June 05, 2008, 12:08:17 PM

I know who Kobe is but who's Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce?

There is no intrigue. This is another finals that includes another purchased Free Agent team because they're too pathetic to build from the inside out.

This isn't the Celts, Lakers, Bulls, Jazz, Pistons, Blazers or Rockets that we all grew to love in the 80's-90's. Yet ESPN's own commercial is trying to sell it as the "most anticipated Finals in years".

Bulls vs Knicks or Knicks vs Reggie and the Pacers were more intriguing and anticipated ECF than this over-hyped-by-ESPN bologna.

Phil Jackson's 10th Ring in 6.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 05, 2008, 01:04:40 PM

Lakers in 6, the Celtics aren't as bad as Chrispy thinks.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 05, 2008, 01:08:51 PM

It just seems that this is a league that goes on forever. The championship series ended and they waited 4 days to start the finals? Plus the last part of the game is what you need to watch if you're only going to watch a little bit.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#9 : June 05, 2008, 01:18:51 PM

Todd I read somewhere online that the NBA and NHL worked out a deal to try thier best not to have conflicting schedules this year and in the future, that's why the NBA decided to not start on Monday or last night.

A deal that's better for both IMO.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 05, 2008, 02:07:40 PM

Well, that makes some sense. Thanks Iron. Just don't have much interest, but maybe that's because the Bulls sucked this year. :)

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#11 : June 05, 2008, 02:13:39 PM

I haven't been a baseketball fan since Shaq and Penny and Jordan vs everyone. Say 1996? It's been years since I've watched 5 whole games in one season.

I've exactly one whole game this playoffs, it was when Orlando hosted the Raptors and beat 'em by 20 or so.

That was it.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 05, 2008, 04:35:40 PM

I know who Kobe is but who's Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce?

There is no intrigue. This is another finals that includes another purchased Free Agent team because they're too pathetic to build from the inside out.

This isn't the Celts, Lakers, Bulls, Jazz, Pistons, Blazers or Rockets that we all grew to love in the 80's-90's. Yet ESPN's own commercial is trying to sell it as the "most anticipated Finals in years".

Bulls vs Knicks or Knicks vs Reggie and the Pacers were more intriguing and anticipated ECF than this over-hyped-by-ESPN bologna.

Phil Jackson's 10th Ring in 6.

Which team is the purchased free agent team?  Neither of these teams got any significant free agents recently.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#13 : June 05, 2008, 05:29:28 PM

I went for Boston in thier series against the Cards and the Pats in everyone of thier SB's except this last one but I can't cheer for them anymore. I hate Boston 85% while I still reserve my 100% hate for New York City and Philly teams.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#14 : June 05, 2008, 05:06:53 PM

Sorry Leeroy, the C's traded for all of thier bigtime players, KG, Allen and Cassell who brought them 50 more wins than they had last year with thier homegrown talent.

Big difference that doesn't support my initial point.  ::)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Finals prediction? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools