Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Finals prediction? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

MBF

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 05, 2008, 05:22:40 PM

Yep, the Grizzlies traded Gasol for peanuts basically. I forgot who said it, but they claimed that it wasn't so much a trade as it was a donation.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 05, 2008, 05:24:49 PM

Lakers 4-2..  I hate Boston.. spygating f- up city from hell!!

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 05, 2008, 07:38:42 PM

I don't think that Boston is a bad team persay, but they're not gonna be able to match the speed of the Lakers I'm afraid.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 05, 2008, 07:51:32 PM

Am I the only one not interested in this finals? Hate the lakers. And Celtics arent that exciting to me. My guess lakers in 6, but I want Boston

LFO

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 05, 2008, 09:13:28 PM

I'll take Boston in 6.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 05, 2008, 09:14:58 PM

Yeah I normally don't care about the NBA very much either Todd, but the Kobe Bryant/Kevin Garnett matchup will be very intriguing to watch(not to mention Paul Pierce is pretty awesome as well).   

I doubt you'll see Kobe guarded by or guarding Garnett very much, Einstein. 

It is more likely Kobe will guard Allen than Garnett, and Pierce will probably guard Kobe some as well. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 05, 2008, 09:26:27 PM

I'll take the Lakers in 6.

Being a Knicks fan, I cannot root for the Celtics. But I also never thought I would root for the
Lakers and I have been doing that since round 2. I bought a Kobe jersey today (I'm wearing
it) and I have Randy Newman's hit blasting out my window. When people go by, I stick my big
styrofoam "I Love LA" finger out the window and taunt them. Nomar and Mia live down
the street from me (really) and if I see them, I'll give them an extra finger wag.

From a basketball standpoint, (ignoring the alleged rape) I think Kobe is amazing and it's
fun to watch him play. Love the Gasol pick-up.

I'll never (should never use that word) be a Lakers' fan but will have fun with this one.

Maria Sharapova also lives near me. Think she wants to watch the game?

I have yet to see any of the many celebrities that supposedly live near me.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 05, 2008, 09:32:50 PM

I predict the Celtics will be up 5 with 3 minutes left in the 1st.

Lakers in 6

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 05, 2008, 10:08:47 PM

Yeah I normally don't care about the NBA very much either Todd, but the Kobe Bryant/Kevin Garnett matchup will be very intriguing to watch(not to mention Paul Pierce is pretty awesome as well).

It is more likely Kobe will guard Allen than Garnett, and Pierce will probably guard Kobe some as well.

Maaaan you must have ordered a side of dumb with your eggs this morning because that's the 2nd stupid quote of yours I've read today, and what I meant was that it will be exciting to watch the Bryant/Garnett matchup meaning they're the most recognized stars of each perspective team. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 05, 2008, 10:12:43 PM

Maaaan you must have ordered a side of dumb with your eggs this morning because that's the 2nd stupid quote of yours I've read today, and what I meant was that it will be exciting to watch the Bryant/Garnett matchup meaning they're the most recognized stars of each perspective team. 

LOL.

The only thing stupid about what I quoted was the portion where you stated you couldn't wait to see the kobe/garnett matchup.

And no, I did not have your everyday breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my breakfast this morning.

You calling someone dumb is like my dog trying to use the toilet.....it just doesn't work.

Pot, meet kettle.

Please, Mr. Einstein, tell me what my other "stupid quote" was so I can laugh at you some more.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 05, 2008, 10:14:39 PM

It was easy to understand he didn't mean they were guarding each other..

LFO

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 05, 2008, 10:21:32 PM

Then he shouldn't have said "Kobe/Garnett matchup will be intriguing to watch."

Why would it be intriguing? 

He THOUGHT they would guard each other, just another gem to add to  the Chrispy vault.

If he did not mean they would not be guarding each other, you don't say "the matchup is intriguing."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 05, 2008, 10:24:30 PM

Then he shouldn't have said "Kobe/Garnett matchup will be intriguing to watch."

Why would it be intriguing? 

He THOUGHT they would guard each other, just another gem to add to  the Chrispy vault.

If he did not mean they would not be guarding each other, you don't say "the matchup is intriguing."

Who cares!?

Must this nonsense infiltrate every frigging post?

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 05, 2008, 10:25:09 PM

Sorry LFO I will write and explain things more like a 5th grade retard next time.  ;)

#29 : June 05, 2008, 10:27:28 PM

Lakers in 5
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Finals prediction? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools