Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lamar Hunt passes away « previous next »
Page: 1

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: December 14, 2006, 08:32:24 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhgrLKWOEfWL_9NgDCqrVopDubYF?slug=ap-obit-hunt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 14, 2006, 01:17:21 PM

Had the opportunity to hear him speak and talk with him for some time.  He didn't know me but yet was kind and gracious enough to hang around with a 22 year old kid and answer some off the wall questions about business.

That man had true class. 

He will be missed.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 14, 2006, 06:41:58 PM

Certainly one of the finest as an owner in the NFL and as a human being. Was the one credited for the merger of the 2 leagues.

Having been thru it successfully myself, I just can't understand how he could possibly die of prostate cancer. He's supposedly been fighting it since 1998 and only last November finally had radiation treatment. Any male over 50 knows he should have a PSA blood test twice a year. Once the count gets to a certain level you have 3 choices (1) surgery (2) chemo or (3) radiation. It just baffles me how this could have happened to him.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 15, 2006, 02:43:09 AM

Well Uncle Stan, how could it have happened?  I mean, try and imagine a scenario...

Not being a smart ass, just asking your wisdom.

I don't go to the hospital unless I HAVE TO.  I am not stubborn, but things happen, and testosterone happens.  Maybe he was one of thoe types who thinks it is in Gods hands.  WHo knows.

But RIP Mr. Superbowl.  Thanks for the innovations.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 15, 2006, 11:00:54 AM

Boid,

You don't have to go the a hospital for the test. It can be done in any dr's office, a clinic or a lab.

Trust me. If you are over 50 and not having it done, you are possibly risking your life.

Its in the top 3 for deaths for males.

And its avaidable.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lamar Hunt passes away « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools