Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a quick tidbit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucshot224

Second String

#30 : December 14, 2006, 06:34:02 PM

IMHO, I think that the best way we cuold start next season would be to:
Sign Lance Briggs. He will more than likely hit the open market. He will probably make the biggest impact on our D. Sign Adalius Thomas. This guy is one of the great up and coming stars and could be a very effective DE for us. At safety, I think our best bet would be to sign Michael Lewis. He's having a little bit of a rough year and will probably be let go. He's still a very good safety, and would come with a decent price tag. I don't really see corner as all that big of a need for us right now. We already have Barber, Kelly's coming back, Zemaitis is waiting in the wings, and Buchanon is getting some more playing time. With all that said, I think we should take a swing at Cato June......if the price is right.
As far as the draft goes, it all depends on who is available with our first pick. If Johnson is available, take him. If Johnson is gone, take Thomas. If we do in fact take Thomas, I think we should at least try to take a WR.  With our first second rounder, I'd like to see us go after Ginn or Kyle Young. With our other second rounder, take Merriweather. Only if he gets an attitude adjustment though. The rest is up in the air. I say go D.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

#31 : December 15, 2006, 01:17:46 PM

Sign Lance Briggs. He will more than likely hit the open market. He will probably make the biggest impact on our D. Sign Adalius Thomas. This guy is one of the great up and coming stars and could be a very effective DE for us. At safety, I think our best bet would be to sign Michael Lewis. He's having a little bit of a rough year and will probably be let go. He's still a very good safety, and would come with a decent price tag. I don't really see corner as all that big of a need for us right now. We already have Barber, Kelly's coming back, Zemaitis is waiting in the wings, and Buchanon is getting some more playing time. With all that said, I think we should take a swing at Cato June......if the price is right.
As far as the draft goes, it all depends on who is available with our first pick. If Johnson is available, take him. If Johnson is gone, take Thomas. If we do in fact take Thomas, I think we should at least try to take a WR.  With our first second rounder, I'd like to see us go after Ginn or Kyle Young. With our other second rounder, take Merriweather. Only if he gets an attitude adjustment though. The rest is up in the air. I say go D.

So you think we can sign Briggs, Thomas, and June? This isn't Madden.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 15, 2006, 09:44:16 PM

The Bucs actively were in the hunt for Clements, and he plays in a variation of the Tampa 2, so he should fit right in.  I think it will be him, or at least, I hope it is.  Between him and Ronde, the Bucs have two great CBs.  But they need to adress the safety situation badly...if they rollwith JP and/or Allen next year, it is going to be another long season.

There are some nice D-lineman out there, and the Bucs need at least one to comce to Tampa...problem is, Clements will want BIG time jack, as will most of the DLs that are available this offseason.  The Bucs can't roll with what they got.  Clements or not, he is going to look silly if the DLs generate zero pressure.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 16, 2006, 03:14:03 AM

I know we need defense  but I hope we sign a OLT and a center in FA some big brawny guys and fire that MUIR for gods sakes.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 16, 2006, 03:25:58 AM

The Bucs actively were in the hunt for Clements, and he plays in a variation of the Tampa 2, so he should fit right in.  I think it will be him, or at least, I hope it is.  Between him and Ronde, the Bucs have two great CBs.  But they need to adress the safety situation badly...if they rollwith JP and/or Allen next year, it is going to be another long season.

No research to back this up but the Bills fans at the bar I go to (and they are a plague there) think they've got a tag to drop on Nate and will.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucshot224

Second String

#35 : December 16, 2006, 07:28:06 AM

So you think we can sign Briggs, Thomas, and June? This isn't Madden.
Why souldn't we sign Briggs, Thomas , and June? Do you think it's a bad idea to get three talented defensive starters? I realize that the likelyhood of this happening isn't that great, but it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 16, 2006, 08:33:41 AM

The Bucs actively were in the hunt for Clements, and he plays in a variation of the Tampa 2, so he should fit right in. I think it will be him, or at least, I hope it is. Between him and Ronde, the Bucs have two great CBs. But they need to adress the safety situation badly...if they rollwith JP and/or Allen next year, it is going to be another long season.

No research to back this up but the Bills fans at the bar I go to (and they are a plague there) think they've got a tag to drop on Nate and will.

When the Bills franchised him this year, they agreed not to franchise him next year to keep him happy.  Not sure how binding that is, but it looks like they are prepared to let him walk if he doesn't sign an extension.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/bills/rumors.html
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar/Paul_Allen/37636

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 16, 2006, 08:51:42 AM

The Bucs actively were in the hunt for Clements, and he plays in a variation of the Tampa 2, so he should fit right in. I think it will be him, or at least, I hope it is. Between him and Ronde, the Bucs have two great CBs. But they need to adress the safety situation badly...if they rollwith JP and/or Allen next year, it is going to be another long season.

The only source I heard this from came from Scott Reynolds...I trust it more than I do most sources...from a podcast report.  And like Bradentonian said, the Bucs agreed to not tag Clements this year.  Not sure how the coaching change will affect this situation, but I think **CENSORED** lets the man walk if he wants to.  Otherwise, it could turn into a nasty situation, or an expensive one.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a quick tidbit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools