Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a quick tidbit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: December 14, 2006, 11:30:11 AM

There's nothing really earth-shattering here that I can share, but I did get some reliable info today that the Bucs are planning to go after a pretty big name defensive FA they think will really upgrade one of their defensive weaknesses. The words expressed to me were: "they have really targetted this guy and are planning to do everything they can to get him down there in Tampa for next season".

So it's a little tidbit anyway. Like I said, nothing earth-shattering, but I thought I'd share the gist of my conversation.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 14, 2006, 11:33:34 AM

There's nothing really earth-shattering here that I can share, but I did get some reliable info today that the Bucs are planning to go after a pretty big name defensive FA they think will really upgrade one of their defensive weaknesses. The words expressed to me were: "they have really targetted this guy and are planning to do everything they can to get him down there in Tampa for next season".

So it's a little tidbit anyway. Like I said, nothing earth-shattering, but I thought I'd share the gist of my conversation.

and in other news; the Earth is round.   :o

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 14, 2006, 11:37:59 AM

and the sky is blue.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 14, 2006, 11:38:57 AM

Thanks for the info DTG, love the inside stuff. It's got to be Freeny.....

Shag

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 14, 2006, 11:39:29 AM

Defensive weaknesses. That narrows it down to either DT, DE, S, or CB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 14, 2006, 11:46:36 AM

As far as "inside stuff" goes, this is pretty lame. But right now, it's all I have. At least it appears that the FO plans to immediately address defense first when FA opens.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : December 14, 2006, 12:03:21 PM

As far as "inside stuff" goes, this is pretty lame. But right now, it's all I have. At least it appears that the FO plans to immediately address defense first when FA opens.

Did they hint at the position? Please say yes...and if so, name the position. Then we can specualte til the cows come home.

#7 : December 14, 2006, 12:06:11 PM

I'm willing to be my life savings it's either Lance Briggs or Nate Clements.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 14, 2006, 12:10:00 PM

It's more inside than anything I have. Thanks,

watson

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 14, 2006, 12:12:03 PM

DTG,
Any word on coaching changes.....Muir, Biassacia, Mann, etc?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#10 : December 14, 2006, 12:13:06 PM

Why the love for Freeney? He is stinking it up this year!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 14, 2006, 12:20:01 PM

DTG,

Not a peep, other than I believe Kromer will essentially take overall control of the OL (whether they say so publicly or not).

#12 : December 14, 2006, 12:21:32 PM

DTG,

Not a peep, other than I believe Kromer will essentially take overall control of the OL (whether they say so publicly or not).
Good.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 14, 2006, 12:23:12 PM

Have you seen Freeny play? You can't base his talent level on one year, the guy is a gamechanger ala Rice. It would do wonders for this pass rush, bet that.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#14 : December 14, 2006, 12:30:44 PM

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just a quick tidbit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools