Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was the Resurrection of Jesus a Trick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : June 06, 2008, 12:24:38 PM

Jesus was far harsher than any Christian today in regards to the sins of the people, including homosexuality.

proof?

Wonder what he thinks about how goes on in the very church he created? Well that and child molestation.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 06, 2008, 12:38:30 PM

Was the Resurrection of Jesus a Trick?
No

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 06, 2008, 12:41:19 PM

proof?  that's the line in the sand for those with no faith.  i can't see it therefore, i don't believe in its existence.  christians offer up the Bible as the documentation and then the immediate disdain for something far possible is readily discarded.  same thing is happening to the Constitution.  none of us were there and now it too is open for debate about what the forefathers of our country "really meant".  the irony is that the people that believe the Constitution means what it says are usually the people that have great faith in the Bible.  the ones that want to contort and revise the doctrine of our country are usually the ones that discount what the Bible has to offer.  interesting correllation really - i don't think it's 1:1, but i bet i'm not too far off.  we are going through a period of secular empowerment and the only real story for people of faith is what will be left over when this agenda proves yet again that it is a band aid that sells to desperate populaces very well - it's not a remedy.  for immediate arguments sake - i know, i know the conservative path is the reason for all things evil... i get it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 06, 2008, 01:05:35 PM

If jesus started the christian religion then i think if he was here today he would be very unhappy with the results.
Jesus taught love, understanding and peace from what i know.
That isn't on the "christian" agenda today at least in america.

Jesus didn't start the Christian religion.  He was trying to reform Judeism.  The Jewish religion at that time had splintered into several sects and the dominate one (Pharisee) had moved far off from the traditional views and was being diluted by foriegn customs and ideas.  Jesus was more of a strict fundamentalist when it came to the Talmud than the Preists who tended to interpret things based on political and financial reasons (sound familiar).

The Christian religion was started by Peter, one of Jesus's direct associates, and Saul (later Paul) of Tarsus (who never met Jesus).  It was Paul who moved the Jewish reformation that Jesus started to the non-Christian world by starting churches throughout Asia-minor. 

The early church was quite diverse with each church having very different views and ideas about a lot of things.  What we see as Christianity now is the result of the merger of these diverse churches with the very centralized Roman Government and Buearacracy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 06, 2008, 01:20:24 PM

It's not the conservative path that's the problem. It's the neo-conservative crazies!

This group, The Priory of Sion (PoS), supposedly has indisputable proof that Jesus and Mary were
married and that Jesus survived the crucifixion, only to die a few weeks later.

How would they prove that? I have no idea.

Some say that the Priory doesn't even exist. The interview with the supposed PoS representative is
interesting. I linked to it in my post, earlier on this page. It's very Da Vinci Code-like. Dan Brown
was aware of this info. when he wrote his book.

Could they have 100% mummified bodies of Jesus and Mary that can be dated to the 1st century and
with wounds (on the male body) that match a crucifixion? I don't know. But I want to know what
evidence they have.

The representative says that they will release the info. when the time is right. Now is not that time.
Go check out the interview.

Bruce was also put in touch with an Englishman, Nicolas Haywood, who claimed to speak on behalf of The Priory of Sion's inner circle. They met several times. Here Bruce and researcher, Robert Howells, talk to Haywood about the Order, its mission, its membership and its connection to the Rennes-Le-Chateau mystery.

I would like independent scientists to get involved with this case because the evidence presented
in the film is lacking solid, scientific support. It's speculative.

I doubt many of you will get the chance to see the film in the theater. It's too small of a release.
But I'm sure it will be on NetFlix one day.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 06, 2008, 01:23:22 PM

Sounds like the movie didnt answer many questions but I agree its pretty intriguing and an important find even if its not related to Jesus.

It played out like a mystery. I like docs. like that.

They can't get into the crypt. The opening is too small.

The body might have been placed there for somebody to find. That also goes for the
artifacts that they found that seem to date to the 1st century.

The real find might be behind the wall where the rocks are built up. Maybe an entire
family is mummified in there? Or, maybe nothing is there.

Mummification was definitely not the norm in France back then as far as I know. The
person who they found must have had some sort of status when they were alive.

I just hope the French government allows an excavation.

Yes, this may have nothing to do with Mary or Jesus. But considering the location and
how they found the stuff, it's hard to believe that there is no connection. You need
to see the movie to see what I'm talking about. Rennes-le-Chateau is an important
town when it comes to the stories about Mary and Jesus and alternative theories.

Check out this Retired Bishop, who was small part of the film. He is a VERY liberal Christian.

I would watch him speak any day.

Hell As An Invention of the Church

Watched the youtube video and definitely think he has a point about religion and control. I'll definitely check out the film if I get the chance.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 06, 2008, 01:28:56 PM

If jesus started the christian religion then i think if he was here today he would be very unhappy with the results.
Jesus taught love, understanding and peace from what i know.
That isn't on the "christian" agenda today at least in america.

Jesus didn't start the Christian religion.  He was trying to reform Judeism.  The Jewish religion at that time had splintered into several sects and the dominate one (Pharisee) had moved far off from the traditional views and was being diluted by foriegn customs and ideas.  Jesus was more of a strict fundamentalist when it came to the Talmud than the Preists who tended to interpret things based on political and financial reasons (sound familiar).

The Christian religion was started by Peter, one of Jesus's direct associates, and Saul (later Paul) of Tarsus (who never met Jesus).  It was Paul who moved the Jewish reformation that Jesus started to the non-Christian world by starting churches throughout Asia-minor.  

The early church was quite diverse with each church having very different views and ideas about a lot of things.  What we see as Christianity now is the result of the merger of these diverse churches with the very centralized Roman Government and Buearacracy.

Paul/Saul was a very interesting character. Some believe he was the one known as "The Spouter of Lies."

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was the Resurrection of Jesus a Trick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools