Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: troy smith video « previous next »
Page: 1

nick77777

Pro Bowler

: December 14, 2006, 12:12:07 PM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 14, 2006, 12:25:43 PM

Smith isn't shlt. He won't even be a 1st round pick, the guy is Kordell Stewart all over again.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#2 : December 14, 2006, 03:11:35 PM

Smith isn't shlt. He won't even be a 1st round pick, the guy is Kordell Stewart all over again.

u r funny.  I hope he isn't a first rounder.  He would do well in this offense. 

#3 : December 14, 2006, 03:19:41 PM

Man, he scores like 7 TD's running the same play in this video...in the NFL, the QB drw doesn't really work consistently.

My call on Troy Smith is that he is not an NFL QB...just my opinion.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 14, 2006, 03:27:05 PM

you could be right maybe two years ago when all he did was run.  this year, not so sure. 

Shag

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 14, 2006, 03:43:00 PM

Maybe Gruden will start running the option out of the shotgun.  :D

#6 : December 14, 2006, 03:51:40 PM

Maybe Gruden will start running the option out of the shotgun.  :D

If he would put Alsttot in the shotgun and run the option, Gruden haters would finally come around. :)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 14, 2006, 04:05:07 PM

u r funny. I hope he isn't a first rounder. He would do well in this offense.

sorry, not impressed by Smith.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 14, 2006, 04:06:58 PM

I have heard that opinion expressed by many people and sites.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 14, 2006, 04:33:18 PM

are you kidding me he has a lighting arm. the boy has zip on all his throws and is on the money with the deep ball, he is a slower more accurate mike vick.  Look at the throws he makes in the video yea he runs but man can he throw.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 14, 2006, 04:48:35 PM

nick, his arm isn't in question. IMO his mental skills and the low-budget offense he runs at Ohio State is the main reason. 

#11 : December 14, 2006, 05:21:09 PM

He just strikes me as the prototypical great college QB that will not translate.  I'm willing to be wrong, though.  It could be that nowadays guys truly are being prepared more effectively for the Pro game.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#12 : December 14, 2006, 11:44:32 PM

I

He just strikes me as the prototypical great college QB that will not translate. I'm willing to be wrong, though. It could be that nowadays guys truly are being prepared more effectively for the Pro game.

I think they are being prepared better, it use to be 2-3 years before a qb would begin to be effective, alot are doing it in their 1st year.  I would love to have Troy Smith here, he would be a great addition to our offense. Everybody was talkin trash about Vince Young release and doubting his mentallity because of some IQ test, and look at him now 4 game win streak , u cant test heart and Troy has alot of it. I hope he is wearing pewter next season and  dont care what round we get him in

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 14, 2006, 11:52:44 PM

thats the one thing this team is lackin this year...Heart..and like you said troy smith has tons of it, the man is solid under pressure and escapes and makes things happen, look at the deep Out he threw thats an nfl throw, he made it right on the money and has a great arm. The kid is an all around QB and if he was 3 inches taller he would be the first pick in the draft over quinn cause quinn is highly overrated.

#14 : December 15, 2006, 09:01:45 AM

I think they are being prepared better, it use to be 2-3 years before a qb would begin to be effective, alot are doing it in their 1st year.  I would love to have Troy Smith here, he would be a great addition to our offense. Everybody was talkin trash about Vince Young release and doubting his mentallity because of some IQ test, and look at him now 4 game win streak , u cant test heart and Troy has alot of it. I hope he is wearing pewter next season and  dont care what round we get him in

I think that the Vince Young comparisons need to stop.  Vince Young is 6'5".  Troy Smith is 6' on a good day.  Vince (as well as Vick) have better physical tools (that'snot really a knock on Smith, as this statement is true for everyone).
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: troy smith video « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools