Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: beckles sinks to new low ..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#60 : December 17, 2006, 02:36:38 AM

Throwing softballs at a coach who is 3-10 in a particuarly god awful way does not amount to good journalism.

In TJ's defense, if he doesn't throw softballs he won't be around.
scoreboard!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 17, 2006, 03:01:21 AM

Throwing softballs at a coach who is 3-10 in a particuarly god awful way does not amount to good journalism.

There are different venues of journalism.    Rives does his job very well.    It's not really his job to pick apart Gruden.   What purpose would that serve anyway?   Do you think it would help the team in any way?   

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#62 : December 17, 2006, 03:14:34 AM

I think it's his job to help the fans understand what the hell is going on at Buc Palace.  Listening to him interview Jon makes me want to throw things at my radio.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 17, 2006, 04:29:11 AM

I think it's his job to help the fans understand what the hell is going on at Buc Palace. Listening to him interview Jon makes me want to throw things at my radio.

That's not the responsibility of his "venue".   The press conference where all media attend is the time and place for that.    I happen to enjoy when Gruden and Rives are on the air.   Sure, it's Gruden saying what he wants to say.   But I have to admit that for the most part, Gruden is a straight shooter.   He volunteers far more information than most coaches.  Compare a Gruden interview to a Dungy interview.   Dungy never said a damn thing other than we didn't execute after a loss.   Gruden goes into far more detail on his own.

coolhandluke

Starter

#64 : December 17, 2006, 09:15:17 AM

KAREN, first of all you are a woman and you know nothing about Sports. Like you said IAN played in the NFL so he must know more then us. You are a Girl, so you know nothing, go back to the Kitchen and laundry room and work your Magic there....

How did that feel KAREN.. Now that we understand each other Karen.. Realize that IAN does not know more then us and that I am sure you know some Footvball and belong here...

OK, First off IAN threw Softballs at Gruden also. He was not tough. Word from 620, and yes I know a few people from Clearchannel is that he just wasnt good enough. Gruden didnt fire him from the show they wanted to go to a different person and TJ is just better read and spoken then IAN.

I know you love IAN and that is CUTE but in the real world of RADIO he is a Jock they put on because they were just giving him a break.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#65 : December 17, 2006, 09:45:06 AM

I think it's his job to help the fans understand what the hell is going on at Buc Palace. Listening to him interview Jon makes me want to throw things at my radio.

And some how you think Ian provides that--- HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA --- His insight is attrocious

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 17, 2006, 11:07:56 AM

BECKLES NEVER ASKED TOUGH QUESTIONS EITHER,HE WAS REMOVED BECAUSE HE STUNK,I HATE REVES BUT HES A HUGE PICK UP COMPARED TO THE ILL PREPARED BECKLES ALL THE TIME.

To bad they can't bring back nancy donellon she was the best at reporting all the sports and was always a straight shooter no grudges or agendas just the best sports radio ever...shes my all time favorite sports talk radio person no one else comes close but the best right now is JP PETERSEN.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: beckles sinks to new low ..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools