Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: June 06, 2008, 05:52:17 PM

since most of us fans, teams are out. Who do you want your team taking? Who goes #1?

I think Rose is the best player by far in this draft, followed by Bayless (kids IMO will be a star).

I hope Portland takes Joe Alexander, but its pretty much a given they are dumping the pick e**CENSORED**ally with Rudy Fernandez saying today in a press conference hes coming over.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 06, 2008, 06:18:01 PM

I agree, Rose is definitely going #1. Him and Jared Bayless are special talents indeed. Hawks don't have a pick in this year's draft, which for the first time means Billy Knight won't be able to screw it up.

In the few mocks I've seen, most of them had Portland going for Chase Budlinger. Good offensively but the quicker players can hurt him on the defensive end.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 06, 2008, 07:32:18 PM

I agree, Rose is definitely going #1. Him and Jared Bayless are special talents indeed. Hawks don't have a pick in this year's draft, which for the first time means Billy Knight won't be able to screw it up.

In the few mocks I've seen, most of them had Portland going for Chase Budlinger. Good offensively but the quicker players can hurt him on the defensive end.

yeah, Ive seen Chase play inperson a few times, hes ok. Idk if Portland has interest... they dont have him coming in for a workout.

All the local talking heads and the blazers play by play announcer saying they wont keep the pick. I think they will try to move up to get Bayless or Eric Gordon, or get out of the draft entirely. We basically have 2 top 5 talent who will be playing there first NBA game, dont think Portland wants/needs to add a mid first round pick.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 08, 2008, 08:43:48 AM

Would Portland be able to fit Bayless into the line-up?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 08, 2008, 11:51:53 AM

I think the 2 best players are the two everybody has nailed as the 2 best.  After that I think it's Mayo and then Gordon. 

gharen

Pro Bowler

#5 : June 08, 2008, 12:53:53 PM

Hey OBF, is there any way the Magic can get Kevin Love? I think he'd be a perfect fit at PF with Howard at center. If not Love, who might the Magic be looking at?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 08, 2008, 01:33:57 PM

I don't think Love will drop all the way 22. The odds are looking quite slim. Magic would be probably looking to get point guard or a shooting guard. Ty Lawson, Mario Chalmers,  Chris Douglas-Roberts, Brandon Rush will probably get some considerations. I don't see how we can pass up on all 4 of those guards. Lawson is a floor general, but he isn't as flashy as Rose and Bayless.

Eric Gordon would be a bad pick for the Supersonics. They have potential scorers already with Durant and Green. Bayless makes sense because he is potentially an upgrade over Luke Ridnour. But, they should probably go with Brook Lopez at #4 because Chris Wilcox and Robert Swift isn't promising.

Gordon though could be taken picks 5-8, if he falls, I don't see the Pacers letting him go by.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 08, 2008, 01:38:00 PM

yeah, Ive seen Chase play inperson a few times, hes ok. Idk if Portland has interest... they dont have him coming in for a workout.

All the local talking heads and the blazers play by play announcer saying they wont keep the pick. I think they will try to move up to get Bayless or Eric Gordon, or get out of the draft entirely. We basically have 2 top 5 talent who will be playing there first NBA game, dont think Portland wants/needs to add a mid first round pick.
If the Knicks take Gordon, the Blazers best chance to get him is to trade with the Clippers. But, with Livingston's injury concerns they might want to keep Bayless for themseleves. Clippers would have a nice line-up

PG- Bayless
SG- Mobley
SF- Thorton
PF- Brand
C- Kaman

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 10, 2008, 07:45:14 AM

Who are the Magic looking at?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 10, 2008, 02:17:37 PM

Orlando have been linked with Chris Douglas-Roberts from Memphis, he's a 2. Good skills but at 6'7" 200 lbs he may not cut it physically.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 10, 2008, 02:21:45 PM

They need a 4, so they can move Lewis to 3 and Hedo to 2.  An upgrade at PG wouldn't hurt either, if there is an upgrade over Jameer available when they pick.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 10, 2008, 02:41:13 PM

Hedo would get raped defensively every night if he played at SG.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 10, 2008, 02:43:32 PM

Maybe...but Lewis gets the same playing the 4.  Ron Jeremy needs to figure something out.

#13 : June 10, 2008, 02:59:49 PM

Not really. Rashard Lewis stepped up his game on the defensive end in the 2nd ghalf of the season and into the playoffs. Lewis guarding most PFs in the league with Howeard behind him is not a tough task. Most PFs in this league are hybrid SF/C without a true position anyways.

Regardless, Tony Battie will be our PF next year. Problem solved. We coudl still use dpeth,. and I wouldnt mind drafting a big but we dont need one

I would go ape $hit if we drafted Ty Lawson. Im not so sure about him not being as flashy as the other guys. Lawson is probably the fastest guard in the nation. He can go end to end in about 3 seconds. I woudl ove it if we got Lawson, then again Im a UNC homer

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 10, 2008, 04:52:30 PM

Mike Dunleavy has always liked point forwards (look how he taught his son to play) and the Clippers could use one.  I wouldn't mind seeing if we could package Hedo and 22 to the Clips and take Eric Gordon for ourselves.  That would solve our 2 guard problems for a long time.  The would give the Clips a proven ballhandler and distributor and they could then take somebody Chalmers or CDR.  I think that deal would work for both teams. 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools