Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 10, 2008, 05:15:43 PM

Yeah, but the Clippers got a really good talent in Thorton. He is penciled in at small forward for them, but I guess he could play PF with his frame. But, assuming Brand stays it doesn't make sense. If we trade up, I hope it is to get Russell Westbrook PG from UCLA. Gordon is a gun, but I don't like his game defensively. He was inconsistent too at UI. (shooting wise)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 10, 2008, 05:36:14 PM

Yeah, but the Clippers got a really good talent in Thorton. He is penciled in at small forward for them, but I guess he could play PF with his frame. But, assuming Brand stays it doesn't make sense. If we trade up, I hope it is to get Russell Westbrook PG from UCLA. Gordon is a gun, but I don't like his game defensively. He was inconsistent too at UI. (shooting wise)

Thornton is a PF through and through.  They can try him at SF but it's not going to work.  Brand more than likely won't be there past this coming season so letting Thornton come off the bench for a year wouldn't be the worst thing.  Gordon is not the best defensively, that's true, but I just love his offensive game.  His inconsistency had more to do with injury and coaching change more than anything I think.  Westbrook is a good player, but we are set at PG with Jameer, for better or worse.  He's got the contract and he stepped up in a big way in the playoffs.  Besides, I'm not sure what we could trade to move up for Westbrook.  I doubt it would be Hedo.  If we're going to trade him we're going to want an allstar caliber player.  I don't think Westbrook is that. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 10, 2008, 06:00:24 PM

Westbrook doesn't have a scorers mentality but I think he would be an upgrade over Nelson, defensively. I won't complain about Gordon because when he is on, he is on. We do need a shooting guard and I could live with Eric Gordon. He needs to improve on his passing ability though.

I prefer to stay pat at 22 and take BPA at PG or SG. What do you think about Brandon Rush? He can play both SG and SF, and has good size 6'7 215. Solid mid range jumper, but most importantly good basketball IQ and very long defensively.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 11, 2008, 09:16:53 AM

Westbrook doesn't have a scorers mentality but I think he would be an upgrade over Nelson, defensively. I won't complain about Gordon because when he is on, he is on. We do need a shooting guard and I could live with Eric Gordon. He needs to improve on his passing ability though.

I prefer to stay pat at 22 and take BPA at PG or SG. What do you think about Brandon Rush? He can play both SG and SF, and has good size 6'7 215. Solid mid range jumper, but most importantly good basketball IQ and very long defensively.

I would love Rush at 22, however I'm not sure he'll be there and I'm not sure how much better he is than Maurice Evans. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 13, 2008, 07:03:41 PM

Hey OBF, is there any way the Magic can get Kevin Love? I think he'd be a perfect fit at PF with Howard at center. If not Love, who might the Magic be looking at?

Love is climbing. Have fun with his dad... now UCLA is finding out, what his high school and Oregon has. Hes a tweener. Just cant stand the family.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 13, 2008, 07:05:09 PM

I wonder how high alexander will go?

many have him link with Portland at #13, hes coming in this week with Donte Green and the SF from Florida. Joe is no later then 20 IMO.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 13, 2008, 07:05:52 PM

Would Portland be able to fit Bayless into the line-up?

Have him and Roy in the backcourt.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 20, 2008, 07:57:06 PM

who do you think has climbed in the draft? From what Ive heard Joe Alexander definately is top 10 now, as well as Love and Westbrook. And if Augustin had workouts like he did here he is solidly top 10... local media said it was the best workout Portland has had. The blazers play by play guy says Portland has on the table Martell Webster and 13th pick for Leonardo Barbosa, and I guess the paper down there is reporting it as well.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 20, 2008, 08:05:19 PM

I don't think Alexander and Love are top 10 pick. I think it's pure speculation.

Barbosa gives Portland some good perimeter shooting. With two bigs down low, you're going to need somebody to make them pay if they double.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 20, 2008, 08:44:20 PM

I don't think Alexander and Love are top 10 pick. I think it's pure speculation.

Barbosa gives Portland some good perimeter shooting. With two bigs down low, you're going to need somebody to make them pay if they double.

Love is a lock. They said he has improved his stock the most out of anyone, has cut weight and has been impressive. Alexander wont go past Milwaukie at #8, and I think NY may take him at 6.

Yeah Id like Barbosa, not a big fan of Webster and Barbosa is better then anyone we would get at 13. Who knows when trades like this go public they usually dont happen, but with the blazers broadcaster talking about it, it may happen.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 20, 2008, 09:12:41 PM

Why would New York take Alexander at #6? They want Bayless/Westbrook, someone to replace Starbury. The flyer from LSU has a better shot going #6 than Alexander.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 21, 2008, 09:07:32 AM

Looking at other teams, what do you think Miami will do? They'll have to choose between Beasley and OJ Mayo, with Riley said to prefer the latter.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#27 : June 21, 2008, 10:01:10 PM

Looking at other teams, what do you think Miami will do? They'll have to choose between Beasley and OJ Mayo, with Riley said to prefer the latter.
I would think they go Beasley, though I honestly haven't been following it too tight lately, who does everyone have Charlotte taking? I've been hearing Love, though he may not last and one of the Lopez brothers from Stanford.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 22, 2008, 05:33:16 PM

Why would New York take Alexander at #6? They want Bayless/Westbrook, someone to replace Starbury. The flyer from LSU has a better shot going #6 than Alexander.

I dont see Randolph going before Alexander. Randolph is way to raw. Why would Alexander go to NY... because they need him, he would fit DAntoni offense perfect.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 22, 2008, 05:34:34 PM

Beasley no brainer. Mayo IMO is the most overrated player in this draft. Ive watched him and Bayless a lot, and Bayless IMO will be way better then OJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools