Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 22, 2008, 05:35:12 PM

Looking at other teams, what do you think Miami will do? They'll have to choose between Beasley and OJ Mayo, with Riley said to prefer the latter.
I would think they go Beasley, though I honestly haven't been following it too tight lately, who does everyone have Charlotte taking? I've been hearing Love, though he may not last and one of the Lopez brothers from Stanford.

Ive read they have promised Westbrook at #9. But who knows.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#31 : June 22, 2008, 08:35:37 PM

Looking at other teams, what do you think Miami will do? They'll have to choose between Beasley and OJ Mayo, with Riley said to prefer the latter.
I would think they go Beasley, though I honestly haven't been following it too tight lately, who does everyone have Charlotte taking? I've been hearing Love, though he may not last and one of the Lopez brothers from Stanford.

Ive read they have promised Westbrook at #9. But who knows.
I hope not, we really could use a true Center. While I think Westbrook is a good player, IMO he is getting too overrated.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 22, 2008, 08:59:01 PM

Bobcats need to get Brook Lopez if he falls. He may play soft, but he won't be the guy doing the dirty work; Okefor will. Alexander fits the mold of a perfect D'Antoni SF, scoring ability being a total liability on the defensive end. Check. Alexander was not impressive in college, all he did was post up smaller SF's in college and made close chippes toward the rim. You think he'll get away with that with the likes of Pierce, LeBrons, of the world??? Don't count out the Knicks taking Eric Gordon either and then sending Jamal Crawford elsewhere.

Miami Heat seems to be impressed more with O.J Mayo than Michael Beasley, and I don't know why. Mayo does carry some point guard skills, but he is most definitely not what they NEED. Beasley has double-double potential written all over him. 20-10 type guy, nice range and tough near the rim. Athleticism is top flight, knows how to finish in traffic unlike most of these prospects.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 23, 2008, 11:31:02 AM

Beasley no brainer. Mayo IMO is the most overrated player in this draft. Ive watched him and Bayless a lot, and Bayless IMO will be way better then OJ.
Beasley's the better player but he's not a "Riley guy" apparantly.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 23, 2008, 07:12:42 PM

Bobcats need to get Brook Lopez if he falls. He may play soft, but he won't be the guy doing the dirty work; Okefor will. Alexander fits the mold of a perfect D'Antoni SF, scoring ability being a total liability on the defensive end. Check. Alexander was not impressive in college, all he did was post up smaller SF's in college and made close chippes toward the rim. You think he'll get away with that with the likes of Pierce, LeBrons, of the world??? Don't count out the Knicks taking Eric Gordon either and then sending Jamal Crawford elsewhere.

Miami Heat seems to be impressed more with O.J Mayo than Michael Beasley, and I don't know why. Mayo does carry some point guard skills, but he is most definitely not what they NEED. Beasley has double-double potential written all over him. 20-10 type guy, nice range and tough near the rim. Athleticism is top flight, knows how to finish in traffic unlike most of these prospects.

well Joe Alexander is having some of the best workouts out of anyone that is saying something. I really hope Portland somehow gets him, Gordon, or Bayless. I think Alexander is what Portland needs at SF, a lock down defender and a guy who can be the 4th option on offense.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 24, 2008, 04:31:14 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080623

Has the Magic going with Speights out of Florida.  They need some help upfront.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 24, 2008, 07:08:10 PM

Not sure I would give up on Martell yet and Leandro has not been able to prove he can play in a slow-down system.  Yeah, he can play up-tempo but I would stick with Martell.  Maybe package Martell, #13 and Rudy Fernandez for the #1 and Derrick Rose as that would be sweet.  Chicago would never go for it so maybe even throw in Jack.

Kevin Love is overrated and will be a bust in the NBA, as well Westbrook and not high on Buddinger at all.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 25, 2008, 07:22:01 PM

Not sure I would give up on Martell yet and Leandro has not been able to prove he can play in a slow-down system.  Yeah, he can play up-tempo but I would stick with Martell.  Maybe package Martell, #13 and Rudy Fernandez for the #1 and Derrick Rose as that would be sweet.  Chicago would never go for it so maybe even throw in Jack.

Kevin Love is overrated and will be a bust in the NBA, as well Westbrook and not high on Buddinger at all.

Portland just got the 27th pick for cash.  If they stay they probably are gong to draft JJ Hickson, but many think they will use it for another deal.

They said Portland is in talks with 4 teams...

Toronto... TJ Ford. They want Outlaw
Nets... Devin Harris for either Outlaw/Webster and 13th pick
Suns... Barbosa.
Knicks... knows there talking dont know about who.  His guess David Lee or there draft pick

He also said Portland draft board is...
1) Westbrook
2) Augustin
3) Alexander
4) Rush

said he is starting to believe if they stay in the draft they will move down to take Rush.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 25, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Yep even the local media that had a man crush on Love here said he wont be a star. Think he can be a 10 year vet but he isnt gonna be an all star. I like Westbrook because of his defense, in the right team he would be fine. Budinger is not in the draft... went back to Arizona.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 26, 2008, 07:23:38 AM

The Magic must, I repeat must take CDR if he falls to them.

...and the O'Neal to Toronto deal is interesting, they'd have a pretty amazing front-court if it goes down.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 26, 2008, 06:33:38 PM

Richard Jefferson to Milwaukee for Yi and Bobby Simmons, the Nets seemingly looking for cap space to persue Wade, LBJ, or Bosh when they become FA's in 2009-10.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 26, 2008, 08:48:12 PM

Why would New York take Alexander at #6? They want Bayless/Westbrook, someone to replace Starbury. The flyer from LSU has a better shot going #6 than Alexander.
Got here too late for this one but...

HA HA HA HA!!

Are you serious?

Did you not know already about D'Antoni and Gallinari?

That was the only LOCK of the draft, IMO...

I know, I came in too late.  But damn if I ain't right about that one...and the fact that my buddies who are all Knickerbockers LOATHE the pick.  As do I.  They should have took Bayless, and dumped Marbury, who D'Antoni is not very fond of.

AS for my Bulls, and Rose...I am smiling for days after this one.  I have a feeling that Kirk is a goner though...and that is a shame.  He is a nice PG/SG type of player.  Not much for handles, but he can run.  And the Bulls better be ready...because Rose is a runner.

Rush huh?

What does it matter.  IT is GReg time.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 26, 2008, 08:50:43 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080623

Has the Magic going with Speights out of Florida.  They need some help upfront.

IF he falls that far, we would be very lucky.

Provided we actually took him, that is.

We don't have that great of a track record with 1st round picks, unless they are top 5 or so.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 26, 2008, 08:56:15 PM

**CENSORED** Vitale is a moron.  How did that guy ever become a "famous" announcer?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 26, 2008, 09:34:32 PM

I'd like Arthur here, but would be happy with CDR also.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools