Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bears DT House Raided for Drugs « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 14, 2006, 05:00:25 PM

http://www.nbc5.com/sports/10535933/detail.html

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-061214tank,1,3541458.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Basically Tank Johnson's house was raided for drugs and "in a news release, Gurnee police said "some items sought in the warrant were discovered inside the home," but police refused to disclose the nature of the items recovered.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 14, 2006, 05:04:49 PM

Just heard this on ESPN AM1000 in the news update. He wasn't home at the time of the raid, though. Appears the vaunted Bears defense is unraveling due to injury and other things just at the time they don't need it.

Update: So now this guy comes on the air talking about how raids go down and what they look for. Then he says if someone at the house claims the stuff and wants to take the fall, then Johnson will skate. This guy talks about it likes he's proud of getting busted at his friends' house.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 14, 2006, 05:47:21 PM

Breaking news on charges: 6 counts of unlawful use of a weapon by Johnson and a felony cannabis charge on a 26-year-old that was at the house and was cuffed and taken into custody.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : December 14, 2006, 06:28:48 PM

Sounds partially like crap charges to me Todd. He might be able to skate on his own; he has the money for a good attorney.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : December 14, 2006, 07:56:40 PM

Hopefully he doesn't play.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Huey Freeman

Starter
#5 : December 14, 2006, 08:21:43 PM

Cannabis charge?  Well I guess you need to burn SOMETHING to stay warm up there this time of year. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 15, 2006, 09:59:53 AM

Sounds like he's got the gun charges on him, he's on parole so it might be a violation of that condition but it sounds like he's safe to play this week. I only hope with all those guns around he doesn't go all "Last Boy Scout" (terrible movie reference) on us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bears DT House Raided for Drugs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools