Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The trenches are the first place to find winners « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

kmitchell

Starter

: June 09, 2008, 03:57:48 PM

Minnesota is WAY under-rated. Half of Adrian Peterson's success was to his offensive line owning the DL. The other half of his success was his ability to truck through DB's haha.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 09, 2008, 10:20:25 AM

According to Pete Prisco, of CBS Sports, he ranked the entire offensive line for every team in the NFL and the Bucs managed to be number 20 on his list.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Best player: LG Arron Sears. Weak link: LT Luke Petitgout.

The skinny: The Bucs have worked hard to improve their line and it's showing. In Sears and right guard Davin Joseph they have two guards who should be starters for a long time. Acquiring center Jeff Faine in free agency will help. He isn't strong in the run game, which can hurt. Donald Penn could push Petitgout.

Rating: 20

LINK

Considering last season performance by the big fellas up front and the depth the team has, no way should they be in the bottom half of the league in offensive lien rankings, I can realistically see them as being  atop 15 offensive lien this season maybe even higher

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 09, 2008, 10:37:24 AM

Considering last season performance by the big fellas up front and the depth the team has, no way should they be in the bottom half of the league in offensive lien rankings, I can realistically see them as being atop 15 offensive lien this season maybe even higher

With all we have invested in the line over the past few years, it damn well better be

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 09, 2008, 10:39:22 AM

top 12 imo

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 09, 2008, 10:39:29 AM

We should get better with less sacks allowed with Faine

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 09, 2008, 10:42:08 AM

Here's the full rankings:

1. Dallas
2. San Diego
3. New England
4. Indianapolis
5. Jacksonville
6. Cleveland
7. Giants
8. Minnesota
9. Philadelphia
10. Green Bay
11. Seattle
12. Tennessee
13. New Orleans
14. Jets
15. Buffalo
16. Washington
17. Cincinatti
18. Houston
19. Denver
20. Tampa Bay
21. Carolina
22. Arizona
23. Oakland
25. Baltimore
26. Chicago
27. Detroit
28. St. Louis
29. Miami
30. San Francisco
31. Kansas City
32. Atlanta

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 09, 2008, 10:47:24 AM

Considering last season performance by the big fellas up front and the depth the team has, no way should they be in the bottom half of the league in offensive lien rankings, I can realistically see them as being atop 15 offensive lien this season maybe even higher

With all we have invested in the line over the past few years, it damn well better be
I think it's arguable the Bucs are better than the Broncos, Texans, and Jets so that would put them at #17.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JC510

Practice Squad

#7 : June 09, 2008, 10:48:01 AM

He meant 2, right? That 0 had to be a typo. There's no other logical explanation.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 09, 2008, 10:48:40 AM

The Bucs should be somewhere between the Seattle and Buffalo

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 09, 2008, 10:56:18 AM

The Pat at 3?  Maybe 3 years ago, but those guys are getting very old.  New Orleans lost their center (to who?)and I didn't see alot of big holes for the running game last year.  And didn't Saturday retire from the Colts?  

Tampa should be in the 12-14 range.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 09, 2008, 11:03:12 AM

New Orleans lost their center (to who?)and I didn't see alot of big holes for the running game last year. 
That's more an indictment of Reggie Bush than the line. They were a lot better a running team in 2006 with Deuce. But it's pass protection where they excel - fewest sacks given up in 2007 and 2006.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 09, 2008, 11:06:44 AM

While I'm good with the Squad if I had a problem it would be LT.  Only because I think Penn is better and Luke is fragile...but I'm afraid Muir will just blindly start Luke over Penn...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 09, 2008, 11:07:19 AM

I think Philly is a little too high with two aging tackles.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 09, 2008, 11:10:01 AM

Chev - I knew this thread would peak your interest, if injuries dont play a part in the upcoming season, the Bucs could have one of the deepest lines in all of football, not to mention one of the better ones if the young players take that next step and dominant like they should

Oliver Goldsmith

thanson

Starter

#14 : June 09, 2008, 11:10:39 AM

I agree. From the way we have been drafting, it looks like gruden is leaning towards a heavy running game

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The trenches are the first place to find winners « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools