Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The trenches are the first place to find winners « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 09, 2008, 11:20:29 AM

Faine is going to help more than most think or believe.  the weak link is LT.  We gotta get consistant there.  Either Penn steps up or Luke finds a away to stay on the field and be effective...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 09, 2008, 11:28:46 AM

No way we are 20. We are def a top 10 oline in the NFL. Bad analysis by prisco.
How would you rank all 32 teams?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

thanson

Starter

#17 : June 09, 2008, 11:53:48 AM

I agree that we are a top 10 line.  Should be anyways...if we are not, they are not worth their paychecks

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 09, 2008, 12:01:43 PM

Here's something really simple I put together: Take each team's ranking for sacks allowed and rushing yards per game and average them out. It looks like this:

1   Cleveland Browns
2   San Diego Chargers
3   New York Giants
4   Jacksonville Jaguars
5   New England Patriots
6   Tennessee Titans
7   Minnesota Vikings
8   Green Bay Packers
9   Indianapolis Colts
9   Washington Redskins
9   Denver Broncos
12   Buffalo Bills
12   Cincinnati Bengals
14   Dallas Cowboys
15   Oakland Raiders
15   Pittsburgh Steelers
15   Houston Texans
18   New Orleans Saints
18   Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20   Arizona Cardinals
21   Carolina Panthers
22   Philadelphia Eagles
23   Baltimore Ravens
24   Seattle Seahawks
25   Miami Dolphins
26   New York Jets
27   Chicago Bears
28   Atlanta Falcons
29   St. Louis Rams
30   San Francisco 49ers
31   Detroit Lions
32   Kansas City Chiefs

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#19 : June 09, 2008, 12:24:03 PM

We don't have the big name LT seems to be important in the rankings.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 09, 2008, 12:24:46 PM

Thats is pretty close to the 20 he gave us.  

The problem is that there is no way these guys go back and watch every game for every Oline from last season.  The ranking says as much about where the oline was in the past as where it will be in the future, or next season.  Right now I would say the Bucs Oline would be 15 or 16.  They are either going to move up further into the top half or fall flat and drop back to the normal Buc Oline standard.

I think this group has much more skill and should improve to a sure fire top 10 Oline.  The problem is they are still young and need a better LT.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 09, 2008, 12:48:54 PM

Here's something really simple I put together: Take each team's ranking for sacks allowed and rushing yards per game and average them out. It looks like this:

1   Cleveland Browns

Damn coin flip

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 09, 2008, 12:52:48 PM

I like Gaines, but that flip made a big difference.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 09, 2008, 01:05:51 PM

This is the year our O-line becomes dominant. Sears yr 2, Joseph Trueblood yr 3, huge upgrade with Faine at C, and Penn with a full yr starting under his belt.  Good depth, this is a top 10 line and by the end of the year, EVERYONE will know it.

thanson

Starter

#24 : June 09, 2008, 01:29:13 PM

I agree

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 09, 2008, 01:37:05 PM

We're top level in potential or upside or whatever you want to call it, but the OL plan hasn't come to fruition yet. Not that I don't like where it's headed, I love that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here..

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 09, 2008, 04:01:29 PM

If the bucs are twenty then the rest of the league is better then I believe them to be.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 09, 2008, 04:08:22 PM

If the bucs are twenty then the rest of the league is better then I believe them to be.

or Prisco is receiving more respect for his opinions than he deserves...

You must be accountable for your actions!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 09, 2008, 04:17:26 PM

or Prisco is receiving more respect for his opinions than he deserves...

Right. I don't even know who this guy is. Then again he almost certainly watches more NFL then I do.

Maybe he's weighing in "tradition" which is not a bad thing. When you've been as bad for as long along the front as the Bucs you have a little more proving to do before people will or even should perhaps give you your props. 

In any case, I'm crazy line guy and for the first time ever I think there's a chance for the oline to be a positive. A positive all season long and into the future.  Could be some fandumb creeping in there because there's still plenty to be answered  about the LT position. Seems like this group won't give up till they find THE guy for that spot.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 09, 2008, 06:43:33 PM

well heck Madden's ratings have us in the upper 80s, so I say we should def be higher ::)

Nah, but in all honesty, we do have potential with Joseph, Trueblood, and Sears.  I think next year will be the telling sign.  If we dont put it together next year, as In, be a dominate offensive line, I just don't know how far the potential will go or if they already reached it.

It will be Joseph and Trueblood's 3rd season, Sear's 2nd, etc.  I think the additions of Pettigout and Faine will be huge.  Also, if he thinks Pettigout is a weak link, I think he's crazy or else are line is just that good.  In the New Orleans, St. Louis, and Carolina games; with Pettigout in the line-up; the Bucs offensive line surrendered one sack.  The first week wasn't as good as they surrendered 5 sacks, however 2 of them were with Luke McCown at QB who was in for like 2 series and still managed to get sacked twice.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The trenches are the first place to find winners « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools