Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms could be a Bear or Raider? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

: June 09, 2008, 02:59:55 PM

As long as we get a 2nd rounder for simms, I will be happy.

Prepare for severe disappointment.

No doubt. Simms isn't worth anything more than a 5th rounder.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 09, 2008, 10:22:42 AM

After the release of QB Bruce Gradkowski, three teams put in wavier claims for his rights, The Bears, Raiders and Rams, after looking over the current situations regarding the signal callers for the Bears and Raiders, should Simms be released out right, look for either one of those two teams to be very interested.

Currently the Bears have Grossman and Orton battling it out, with neither entrenched as the starter. While the Raiders are pinning there hopes on former number one overall pick Jamarcus Russell.

It would not be far fetched to even see a late round draft pick exchanged to ensure that what ever team values Simms the most, the chance to secure his services rather then getting into a bidding war for his services an losing out.

While Simms has one year remaining on his current contract, it gives a team the chance to rent his services for a year before being tied to a long term deal.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#2 : June 09, 2008, 10:23:56 AM

I'd say the Bears based on their talent level.   But Simms fits in the Raiders scheme better...

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 09, 2008, 10:39:08 AM

Could you imagine the connection between Devin Hester and Simms on the long ball.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : June 09, 2008, 10:48:58 AM

Could you imagine the connection between Devin Hester and Simms on the long ball.

No, not really. The pass probably wouldn't make past the LOS. Simms batted ball problem is going to follow him where ever he goes.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 09, 2008, 10:52:48 AM

He did not have the batted ball problem on the deep throws

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 09, 2008, 11:02:48 AM

And Hester can't catch it. He was wide open last year on a certain touchdown and the ball hit him in the hands. He promptly dropped it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 09, 2008, 11:04:32 AM

The Bears have an extra 7th round pick they got for Greise, just give it back.

thanson

Starter

#8 : June 09, 2008, 11:11:53 AM

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 09, 2008, 12:06:48 PM

I think BA knows there's teams out there wanting another QB. He used Gradkowski as bait and got a bite ;). Simms should eventually get us a draft pick in return...

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 09, 2008, 12:18:29 PM

Those were the teams looking to get Grads.  Simms and Grads are very different QB's and that isn't because they throw with different arms.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 09, 2008, 12:46:02 PM

Look forward to the Simms drama being over with finally and I will be quite content starting the season with Garcia, Griese, and McCown as our final rotation.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 09, 2008, 12:47:05 PM

Prepare for severe disappointment.

thanson

Starter

#13 : June 09, 2008, 01:31:11 PM

Wishful thinking ghost...wishful thinking. I will also take a 6th round Tom Brady

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 09, 2008, 01:56:40 PM

Quinn Gray just got cut so he is an option for those teams too
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms could be a Bear or Raider? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools