Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms could be a Bear or Raider? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 09, 2008, 04:37:58 PM

Simms will get another shot.  I believe he will end up out of football within a few seasons.  For him I hope I am wrong but the kid needs a lot of work and after missing all this time and having ppor mechanics I do not see his game going anywhere.  He should be in camp so that he is at least working with WR's and aginst a pro D.  If he was in camp and not getting any throws the team would have to cut him and he wouldn't have to give back 1.5 million dollars.  He has 1.5 million reasons to show up to mandatory mini camp.  If he doesn't he is just plain stupid. 

I am sure his dad can get some team tyo give up a 5-7th for him.  If somebody does we should just take it and send him on his way.  I think the FO is looking at the 1.5 million as more important then a 6th or 7th though.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 09, 2008, 04:47:53 PM

Time is on the Bucs side.  Lets wait there will be a team at the start of TC that is not going to want to wait for the Bucs to cut Sims. Sims is a QB and he needs time to get comfortable wit team mates. If there is a team that wants Sims that team will want him in their camp earlier rather then later.

#17 : June 09, 2008, 04:54:39 PM

I for some reason see him going to the Bears. To bad he didn't work out for us, Many of us thought he was the future QB of this team at one time.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 09, 2008, 06:57:13 PM

Well if the Bears and Raiders wanted Gradkowski, theyd probably be interested in Simms as well.  I def think the Bears would be interested with Grossman and Orton competing over there.  Heck, it wouldn't be a longshot for him to have a chance over there.  Russell will start in Oakland, but the Raiders were probably looking for a QB to bring in to camp as well.

I could also see teams like Atlanta and Arizona take a look at Simms.  The Cardinals have Leinart and Warner, along with Brian St. Pierre.  The Falcons have Matt Ryan, Joey Harrington, and Chris Redman.  I think Simms will eventually just be released seeing that its quite obvious that he wont be a Buccaneer this season.  However, if a team with a lower wavior claim like the Bears really wants to add Simms to the bullpen, then I could see them offering us back our draft pick or a 7th round pick for Simms.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 09, 2008, 07:01:43 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins take a look at him. Beck is the only one with real starting experience. McCown has really been a back up so I would see Simms competing with him for the number 2 and then Henne learning from all of it.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 09, 2008, 07:06:52 PM

I wish they would just pull the plug on Simms NOW. Get rid of him and take what you can get.
IMO, the Bucs will be lucky to get a draft pick for him, unless someone wants him because their QB is injured or something.
The BUCS do not need a left-handed QB in Training Camp or OTAs. Just do it!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

jameswilder

Starter

#21 : June 09, 2008, 07:35:41 PM

I see Simms reporting to training camp and participating during preseason. I'm convinced the Bucs are going into the season with 4 qb's on the roster, and if Garcia, Griese or McCown get injured before the end of preseason, Simms is going no where. If by the end of the third preseason game, Garcia, Griese, McCown and Johnson are all healthy, then Simms is shipped out to another team.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 09, 2008, 07:55:22 PM

Simms is done here.

We are in no rush to do anything with him right now ... at least until final cuts.

We will hold on to him AS LONG AS POSSIBLE and make him think twice about holding out on a team that gave him more than enough opportunity to be the starter, payed him when nobody else would as a FA [because of his injury] - and good money I may add, now he wants out because he feels he's not part of the future - boohoo what another sob story.  Get your butt to OTA's and camp and show another team you have the desire to improve. That you have the dedication and "want" to do what it takes to comeback from your injury and succeed.

AND just as it does every year, someone will either not like their QB situation or have an injury in camp and will have the need for a QB with NFL starting experience.  THEN, when it best suits the Bucs, make the deal ... until then, he can continue to cry at home while we fine his butt.

I swear, some of these players now a days are trying to make the NFL stand for the National Fairies League.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#23 : June 09, 2008, 07:59:37 PM

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/06/simms-breaks-si.html

Simms breaks silence: I feel like I'm being held hostage

Chris Simms says his relationship with Jon Gruden is beyond repair and has been told he will not be with the team in 2008.

But with no trade on the horizon, the Bucs' forgotten quarterback wants to be released immediately, bringing an end to his career in Tampa Bay that seemed inevitable after missing nearly two seasons following surgery to remove his spleen.

""I feel like I'm being held hostage,'' Simms said. ""I hate that all this has happened. I love Tampa. My family loves it here. But I've been quiet long enough. I feel like it's time to let everybody know why I'm not out there.''

In an interview with the Times Monday, Simms broke his silence on why he has not attended the Bucs' off-season workout program.

He also shed some new light on his deteriorating relationship with Jon Gruden, who was instructed by the Glazer family to keep Simms on the roster last season against the wishes of the head coach.

Simms, who eventually was placed on Injured Reserve last season, says he's completely recovered from complications of his surgery in 2005. He is even entertaining attending the Bucs' mandatory minicamp, but not before lobbing bombs at the Bucs.

""I don't know how anybody can expect me to go back there and look coach Gruden in the eye and believe the relationship is hunky dory after some of the things that were said and done,'' Simms said.

"Things were handled wrongly from the business end of it and definitely things were handled wrongly as far as how you treat a person.

Among the items Simms revealed Monday:

--Simms says he has confirmed that three teams contacted the Bucs on the second day of the NFL draft last April to begin discussions about trading a sixth- or seventh-round pick for the estranged quarterback. But when the Bucs selected San Diego quarterback Josh Johnson in the fifth round, "it basically ended that discussion.'

--He said there is a 50 percent chance he attends the Bucs' mandatory minicamp June 17-19. If he still is on the roster in late July, he plans to report to training camp. "I'm not holding out or doing anything like that,'' Simms said. ""if they want to deal with that media circus, that's fine with me.''

--Simms offered that Gruden wanted to release him at the start of last season but the Glazer family intervened and made sure he had a spot on the roster, forcing the Bucs to keep four quarterbacks.

""I had a number of people tell me in the organization the Glazers basically made sure I wasn’t released,'' Simms said. ""That’s the hardest part of this whoile thing. The Glazers are a great family. They're very caring human beings. I respect them in so many ways.'

--The NFL was so su**CENSORED**ious when the Bucs placed Simms on Injured Reserve last year that they made him fly to Missouri to be examined by a physician to determine if he had a season-ending injury.

""I had never been on a single injury report, so the NFL was a little su**CENSORED**ious,'' Simms said. I had to go see a doctor in Missouri that worked for the NFL. He was shocked there were all these MRI’s of my elbow and shoulder but nothing of my abdomen. He put me through a battery of tests and knew I had some core issues there.''

Simms says he knows he's not in the Bucs' plans for 2008. In fact, his name on a chart in Gruden's meeting room is off to the side next to Jake Plummer, the retired Broncos quarterback whom the Bucs will try to collect $7-million of his pro-rated signing bonus during a hearing in New York Wednesday.

""I know for a fact I'm not in their plans. I don't understand the hold up at this point. When Bruce Gradkowski got cut last week, Bruce Allen told him it was because there's not enough reps in practice for every quarterback. It's a crappy situation.

"How can I look (Gruden) in the eye when I know he wanted me cut last year. He did not want me to be part of the team and I have a lot of resentment about that. Nine or 10 months after a serious injury, I put my life on the line, it was the most serious injury they've ever been associated with, I worked as hard as I could to get back and he wasn't even going to give me a full year.

""I have a serious issue with that, I really do.''

Simms said he felt the Bucs mishandled his injury last training camp, insisting that he had passed all physicals and was completely healthy. In fact, they attributed his performance to 'rustiness.'

"The way they handled it was wrong,'' Simms said. ""I don't know if they wanted to cut me and didn't want to liable or they were hoping somebody would trade for me, but for him to say I was completely healthy and passed all the physicals and that I just wasn't performing well, that was a low blow. It was.''

At one point, Gruden asked Simms if his problems had a mental component.

"He asked me, "Is this injury in your head?' Simms said. ""I found that completely ridiculous. I was going through a tough time. I kept my mouth shut all summer. I felt I was betrayed to a degree. Nobody took time to talk to me on a personal level and see how I was doing.'

Simms said the club did a series of tests on his elbow and shoulder when he complained of arm tightness, the result of not using his body to throw the ball.

""Anybody with common sense would check the area where there was a 10-inch scar going down the middle of my stomach first.''

According to Simms, he was pressured into making an appearance in a preseason game at Miami, playing in just one series.

""The night before the game, coach asked me if I was ready to play,'' Simms said. ""At that point, I knew there was no way I was ready to play. I had only had a few scout team reps for several weeks. But I went in there because I felt like they were giving me no choice.''

""I understand the business part of this and what's in the team's best interest,'' Simms said. ""But the time has come where I've got to look out for my interest, too.

""I feel great, I'm ready to play football again and I can't see how they expect me to back there and play and think everything will be fine. I'm doing this for legitimate reasons. I have a legitimate beef here. Things were done wrong from a business aspect and things were done wrong on a personal level. That's not how you treat people that have busted their butt for you.''

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 09, 2008, 08:19:41 PM

a couple things sound odd to me ... anyone?

--Simms says he has confirmed that three teams contacted the Bucs on the second day of the NFL draft last April to begin discussions about trading a sixth- or seventh-round pick for the estranged quarterback. But when the Bucs selected San Diego quarterback Josh Johnson in the fifth round, "it basically ended that discussion.'

How does he "KNOW" this, because any contact those teams would have had with him or his agent would be tampering and by everything I've seen, the Bucs have denied it. 

And what would the Buc's ADDING a QB in the 5th have to do with DUMPING one in the 6th or 7th - that just sounds odd to me.  If anything that would sound like MORE of a reason for discussion, not ending it.

--He also shed some new light on his deteriorating relationship with Jon Gruden, who was instructed by the Glazer family to keep Simms on the roster last season against the wishes of the head coach.

Last I checked, that is Bruce Allen's side of things, not JG ... so wouldn't that have been BA that would have been instructed and re-sign him?  Again, it's not like they Kept him on the roster, they re-signed him to a pretty decent deal.

--He asked me, "Is this injury in your head?' Simms said. ""I found that completely ridiculous. I was going through a tough time. I kept my mouth shut all summer. I felt I was betrayed to a degree. Nobody took time to talk to me on a personal level and see how I was doing.'

That sounds like a fair question to ask since he was saying he was healthy and yet he was playing like CRAP ... see PR reports from last year.

--"I had never been on a single injury report, so the NFL was a little su**CENSORED**ious,'' Simms said. I had to go see a doctor in Missouri that worked for the NFL. He was shocked there were all these MRI�s of my elbow and shoulder but nothing of my abdomen. He put me through a battery of tests and knew I had some core issues there.''

So he knew he had "core" issues?  So he denied being hurt, yet acknowledged being hurt. And when all was said and done, the NFL couldn't prove he wasn't hurt.

SO, it all sounds like an attempt to pull at the heart-strings of the community and feed the ravaging media with more anti-Gruden crapolla.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 09, 2008, 09:17:57 PM

I see Simms reporting to training camp and participating during preseason. I'm convinced the Bucs are going into the season with 4 qb's on the roster, and if Garcia, Griese or McCown get injured before the end of preseason, Simms is going no where. If by the end of the third preseason game, Garcia, Griese, McCown and Johnson are all healthy, then Simms is shipped out to another team.

I see this all happening based on one thing....and that is that he can throw. No one....at least not to our knowledge....has seen him throw since last season.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms could be a Bear or Raider? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools