Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Thoughts i figure we should touch on in the offseason..a MUST READ?! maybe. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: June 09, 2008, 03:48:50 PM

we will agree to disagree right now.  lets reserve our judgement until week 7.  i will bump this then.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 09, 2008, 03:46:12 PM

You just can't do things like "IR" a player who isn't hurt in the Goodell Era of the NFL. If team gets caught pulling that crap they'd be punished without question. They'll have to figure out another way to keep Johnson of another team's roster, which most likely means he'll be one of the 53 at the end of TC.

i disagree... he will get an "injury"   its the smartest way to go... as long as he goes IR and doesnt practice(as in reps) (thats what hes gonna do anyway.. he wont get any reps in the season) we should be ok.  it can easily go unnoticed in the NFL.
How about all those reps in practice he won't be getting because he's on IR? Yah, that's really smart. Take a perfectly healthy kid who needs reps in practice and disallow him those valuable reps.

he wont get many reps during the season. the # 1 needs all the reps he can get.  4th string qbs and 3rd string qbs take mental reps... not physical.

jj will not get much reps in the season... thats a given.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : June 09, 2008, 03:42:41 PM

Did he not break his leg last year just before the start of the season? You can't hold a roster spot for a guy who's going to miss at least 8 weeks while his injury heals. I mean, they could've put him on the PUP list and re-evaluated him after six weeks, but they knew he wasn't going to be ready so they had to put him on IR.

Well, not exactly. Sabby actually fractured his foot on week three of the REGULAR season last year, during the game against the Rams. He was put on IR in the last week of September. The bottom line, however, is that the gist of your post is correct: his injury was legitimate, and even if he did recover quickly he likely wouldn't have been available until December.

Those who feel he was "stashed" on IR based on flimsy circumstances are simply incorrect. The man had a hard cast on that foot.

Thanks for the clarification.

How about all those reps in practice he won't be getting because he's on IR? Yah, that's really smart. Take a perfectly healthy kid who needs reps in practice and disallow him those valuable reps.

Another very good point. He can't take any reps while on IR, to do so and get caught would again be very risky.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : June 09, 2008, 03:20:20 PM

You just can't do things like "IR" a player who isn't hurt in the Goodell Era of the NFL. If team gets caught pulling that crap they'd be punished without question. They'll have to figure out another way to keep Johnson of another team's roster, which most likely means he'll be one of the 53 at the end of TC.

i disagree... he will get an "injury"   its the smartest way to go... as long as he goes IR and doesnt practice(as in reps) (thats what hes gonna do anyway.. he wont get any reps in the season) we should be ok.  it can easily go unnoticed in the NFL.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 09, 2008, 10:27:04 AM

First off let me start with...

Josh Johnson will be IR'd no later than week 7.  does anyone think he will get reps during the season? anyone think he will even be the #1 clip board holder? he will be a back up clip board holder.. or maybe they will give him a copy of the clip board.  to keep 4 qbs is idiotic. to put a guy on IR you just drafted that you know needs time and wont get reps.. is smart.

Earnest Graham - everyone got the injury bug infront of him at the right time.  our o line was better than it has been in awhile last year.. and askew played outstanding earning a fair contract.  EG wants to get paid.. but being 29 he has no more than 3 years left imo... i say... lets extend him... to a fair contract.

Jeff Garcia - its not that you have gone out and run your mouth to the media... its that when asked questions you brought EG into it and did not say "no comment"  you are our best chance to win EARLY on in the season... but you are 38 bro... your going to get hurt and your arm is going to break down again.  you want an extension? an extension?! really!? ... i wouldnt mind giving you a raise for the money you could've earned last year.. but this is your last year.. a mil or 2 raise i would not mind.  you bring up the qb salary average is 7 mil in the nfl... whats the average for 38 year old qbs?  contracts have to do with skill and age.

My 6 WR's -

Galloway
Hilliard
Clayton
Stovall
Jackson
Warren or Bryant (most likely bryant)

the rest is just camp fodder imo...

does caddy get PUP'd?  i coudlnt tell you.  do we carry 4 rbs at anyime ni the season? i think at least one will get IR'd this year before week 6... and i have a feeling caddy will be PUP'd.  so when he gets activated.. there will be 3 bodies at rb. imo

i do think we keep 4 TE's

Rusty brought up the building of the Special teams...

we brought in dexter jackson.. gilmore..lehman..wilkerson....and some more that are slipping frm my mind...

who wins the backup linebacker jobs?  i beleive there will be 4 backup jobs if im not mistaken.. i think they will take the best backup LB and the rest of the 3 will be the best special teamers.

looks like our kickreturn game will be good this year.  bisaccia has alot under his belt.. but hopefully he can get it done with both RB's and special teams.

starting out from the 35-45 to start drives will open up grudens game.. all he is, is field position.

i hope luke beats out griese.  and i hope he gets his chance this year.

that is all....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 09, 2008, 02:22:03 PM

Did he not break his leg last year just before the start of the season? You can't hold a roster spot for a guy who's going to miss at least 8 weeks while his injury heals. I mean, they could've put him on the PUP list and re-evaluated him after six weeks, but they knew he wasn't going to be ready so they had to put him on IR.

Well, not exactly. Sabby actually fractured his foot on week three of the REGULAR season last year, during the game against the Rams. He was put on IR in the last week of September. The bottom line, however, is that the gist of your post is correct: his injury was legitimate, and even if he did recover quickly he likely wouldn't have been available until December.

Those who feel he was "stashed" on IR based on flimsy circumstances are simply incorrect. The man had a hard cast on that foot.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 09, 2008, 10:50:03 AM

Wow are you sure you have no more?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : June 09, 2008, 10:53:15 AM

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 09, 2008, 10:54:38 AM

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 09, 2008, 11:01:45 AM

SBF - When it comes to the receivers, I just dont see Ike making the team this season. I have a feeling he will get bumped by a younger version of himself in Warren.

Galloway
Clayton
Bryant
Stovall
Warren
Jackson

When it comes to the backup linebackers spots I just dont see the team keeping Nece this season with the depth they brought in via the draft and free agency the past two seasons.

First Team
Brooks
Rudd
June

Second Team
Hayes
Lehman
Black

The seventh LB will be the best player on special teams out of Cash or Hayward with Cash having the edge because he can play inside or outside

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 09, 2008, 11:02:22 AM

Why not just IR 27 guys?  Then you don't have to cut anyone from TC.  Why haven't any of the 32 coaches and GMs thought of this sooner?  

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#11 : June 09, 2008, 11:06:18 AM

Like I said, it's a risky move now. Teams are under so much more scrutiny than ever before. Goodell was threatening teams with fines last year do to the funny business with inaccurate injury reports. If it were so easy to place uninjured players on the IR, why don't we see it done more often?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 09, 2008, 11:07:50 AM

SBF - When it comes to the receivers, I just dont see Ike making the team this season. I have a feeling he will get bumped by a younger version of himself in Warren.

Galloway
Clayton
Bryant
Stovall
Warren
Jackson

When it comes to the backup linebackers spots I just dont see the team keeping Nece this season with the depth they brought in via the draft and free agency the past two seasons.

First Team
Brooks
Rudd
June

Second Team
Hayes
Lehman
Black

The seventh LB will be the best player on special teams out of Cash or Hayward with Cash having the edge because he can play inside or outside

i understand your warren or hilliard perception of the situation... because.. after all.. warren is being groomed to take over hilliards job... but is the leading receiver (catches) of catches last year going to not make the 53? i just dont see it... gruden loves this guy... he catches the ball and is always open.  remember when it was uner 2 min left and this guy went from the middle of the field to the sideline? anyone think warren woulda known to do that?  hilliards experience is valuable.. and i think.. as long as garcia is here.. hilliard is here.  all IMO though.  if we can keep a qb that breaks down before the end of the season.. i think we will keep a wr that does the same.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#13 : June 09, 2008, 11:09:16 AM

Josh Johnson will NOT be sent to the IR list unless he has an actual season ending injury and it will be investigated...count on it.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 09, 2008, 11:13:00 AM

i disagree... he will get an "injury" its the smartest way to go... as long as he goes IR and doesnt practice(as in reps) (thats what hes gonna do anyway.. he wont get any reps in the season) we should be ok. it can easily go unnoticed in the NFL.

Like I said, it's a risky move now. Teams are under so much more scrutiny than ever before. Goodell was threatening teams with fines last year do to the funny business with inaccurate injury reports. If it were so easy to place uninjured players on the IR, why don't we see it done more often?

ok i need some help here... im looking for a story... its in my head.. its like... going to the well once to many times.. or something?  like if you do it once or so... its alright.. but you cant do it to every player.. it will look su**CENSORED**ious.  just the top tier players you want to keep.

Goodell is strict... but im saying... gruden can and will do it... to keep this guy....

what is the restrictions of IR... who validates a person going to IR.. do they give him a physical and say he cant go to the IR.. the nfl i mean?  or does the team doctor do it... if its the team docter... than we are good to go... josh may even get PUP'd first... and if no injuries to our qbs come by week 6... he will be IR'd.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Thoughts i figure we should touch on in the offseason..a MUST READ?! maybe. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools