Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Thoughts i figure we should touch on in the offseason..a MUST READ?! maybe. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 09, 2008, 11:17:08 AM

Josh Johnson will NOT be sent to the IR list unless he has an actual season ending injury and it will be investigated...count on it.

thats not a fact.  thats your opinion.. and i have my opinion. we may differ... but i would like to wait and see until week 7 to see if mine comes true or yours.

josh will be pup'd or ir'd before week 7.  if he gets pup'd and some other qb gets ir'd he will be activated... but if all 3 qbs are healthy.. josh goes to the ir.

imo... its the smartest way.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#16 : June 09, 2008, 11:19:45 AM

think about it...If the team doctor falsifies his medical report to the team and the NFL he could lose his license and I don't many that would want to end their career like that.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 09, 2008, 11:22:33 AM

SBF - While your point is well taken, I think after last season and the way the younger players or backups stepped in and played, Gruden will not be playing favorites unless the player is a star type, which Hilliard is not so being able to replace his catches should not be hard to do, but his experience is another thing all together 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#18 : June 09, 2008, 11:23:36 AM

What I said was NOT an opinion it was a fact...the NFL investigates any and ALL IR listings.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#19 : June 09, 2008, 11:23:56 AM

yeah, i stopped reading this "must read" after the just absurd suggestion that you can/should just put a player on "INJURED reserve" when there is actually no INJURY...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 09, 2008, 11:27:37 AM

yeah, i stopped reading this "must read" after the just absurd suggestion that you can/should just put a player on "INJURED reserve" when there is actually no INJURY...

wait is that sarcasm or not?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 09, 2008, 11:29:35 AM

Josh Johnson will NOT be sent to the IR list unless he has an actual season ending injury and it will be investigated...count on it.

you think sabby had a season ending injury last year?

i disagree on that being fact...though.  josh johnson will get injured... it may be legit or not.  im just saying....i disagree with your stance on that being fact that josh wont go on the IR. even if it is league investigated.. how do they know how hurt you are?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 09, 2008, 11:37:32 AM

You cant put a player on IR that isnt injured and out for the season. That's the rules.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#23 : June 09, 2008, 11:45:27 AM

i disagree on that being fact...though. josh johnson will get injured... it may be legit or not. im just saying....i disagree with your stance on that being fact that josh wont go on the IR. even if it is league investigated.. how do they know how hurt you are?

Ok...since you said it then it must be true...Do you think Sabby wanted to go on IR and end his rookie season that started off so good? But since you said it was fake then it must be true.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 09, 2008, 12:00:44 PM

Isn't there a limit on the # of guys a team can put on IR? Maybe that's changed, but I think there used to be.
    I don't think the NFL would question whether a guy's injury will keep him out for the whole year. The NFL may well inquire as to the nature of the injury, but it's severity and impact on his ability/willingness to play is more likely between the player, coach, and his teams medical staff. 

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : June 09, 2008, 12:11:36 PM

Did he not break his leg last year just before the start of the season? You can't hold a roster spot for a guy who's going to miss at least 8 weeks while his injury heals. I mean, they could've put him on the PUP list and re-evaluated him after six weeks, but they knew he wasn't going to be ready so they had to put him on IR.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 09, 2008, 12:55:40 PM

You cant put a player on IR that isnt injured and out for the season. That's the rules.

The only qualification is that the player not be available immediately. The Reserve list can include players not available due to injury, retirement, military service and other issues. The players on that list are not eligible to practice nor play with the team in the same season they are put on the list.

So...theoreticall at least....Josh Johnson can get a bad blister on his toe prior to game 1, be declared unavailable for that game and placed on the reserve/injured list.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

obuc

Starter

#27 : June 09, 2008, 01:20:29 PM

I think it has been said you cant prove, or disprove a bad back. You have to take the players word for it, so that should be easy.

The risk is if you part ways with the player and he spills the beans later.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 09, 2008, 02:04:09 PM

Did he not break his leg last year just before the start of the season? You can't hold a roster spot for a guy who's going to miss at least 8 weeks while his injury heals. I mean, they could've put him on the PUP list and re-evaluated him after six weeks, but they knew he wasn't going to be ready so they had to put him on IR.

The PUP list is for players unable to perform in TC.  Player's must be put on the PUP prior to training camp.

I seem to remember Sabby's injury being estimated at 8-10 weeks, more than half a season.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 09, 2008, 02:14:20 PM

The PUP list is for players unable to perform in TC. Player's must be put on the PUP prior to training camp.

I seem to remember Sabby's injury being estimated at 8-10 weeks, more than half a season.

Not true about the PUP list....technically at least. There are two PUP lists. The out of season and in season PUP lists. If a player such as Caddy were to not be able to practice he would go on the pre season PUP list from which he can be activated from the PUP list at any time prior to the end of TC. The in season PUP list could be for players injured after the beginning of TC or players who were on the pre season PUP list but were never activated. Once the season starts there's no PUPPING allowed.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Thoughts i figure we should touch on in the offseason..a MUST READ?! maybe. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools