Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Thoughts i figure we should touch on in the offseason..a MUST READ?! maybe. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#30 : June 09, 2008, 09:49:35 PM

we will agree to disagree right now. lets reserve our judgement until week 7. i will bump this then.

This link was in "Simms Breaks silence" thread but this proves my point that the NFL takes injuries seriously and if they suspect something isn't right they hold their own investigations by their own doctor.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/06/simms-breaks-si.html

No team wants to be caught cheating after all of this Patriots hoopla

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 09, 2008, 10:07:13 PM

we will agree to disagree right now. lets reserve our judgement until week 7. i will bump this then.

This link was in "Simms Breaks silence" thread but this proves my point that the NFL takes injuries seriously and if they suspect something isn't right they hold their own investigations by their own doctor.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/06/simms-breaks-si.html

No team wants to be caught cheating after all of this Patriots hoopla

it proves that they were cracking down on it last year... but i still think you can get away with it....

i ask that you agree to disagree and we will wait until the middle of the season to judge.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 09, 2008, 10:11:34 PM

I used to think about the false IR situation, but with the way Simms talked today, I dont think the Bucs will keep 4 QBs.  Gruden was forced to keep 4 QBs by the Owners of the team and Simms had to get checked out by league officials b/c they were questioning the IR.

I think Garcia and Johnson are safe.  I also think Griese has the lead on McCown, and its his #2 job to lose.  With the way Gruden is, I dont think it matters how McCown does.  I think we will trade him at the end of preseason for a 5th round pick, possibly 4th depending on if the team we trade him to has an injury at QB.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 09, 2008, 10:16:33 PM

I used to think about the false IR situation, but with the way Simms talked today, I dont think the Bucs will keep 4 QBs.  Gruden was forced to keep 4 QBs by the Owners of the team and Simms had to get checked out by league officials b/c they were questioning the IR.

I think Garcia and Johnson are safe.  I also think Griese has the lead on McCown, and its his #2 job to lose.  With the way Gruden is, I dont think it matters how McCown does.  I think we will trade him at the end of preseason for a 5th round pick, possibly 4th depending on if the team we trade him to has an injury at QB.

thats a definite possibility with this being his last contract year.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 09, 2008, 10:18:22 PM

I know where SBF was coming from.  Both Alstott and Simms were IRed last year because they were going to get cut from the team.  They had previous injuries(Alstott in 2003 and Simms in 2006) which made it plausible for the Bucs to say they "re-aggreviated" those injuries.  They wanted to glorify Alstott's departure from the team by pretty much having him get the 1.5 million and him acting as a coach to see if hed someday be apart of the staff. As for Simms, it's apparent by what he said that the Glazers forced Gruden to keep him. 

EDIT: If you actually think Alstott was hurt last year, I think your a fan that just wants to look the other way.  Alstott accepted that his career was over and said what the hell I'll take 1.5 million to sit on the sidelines...As for Simms situation, I dont know the gist of it.

As far as Josh Johnson goes, I dont think he'd accept getting IRed.  He would def get picked up by some other team to be a #3 QB and possibly get some playing time.  I know people dont want to hear it, but I think McCown will be wearing another uniform come week 1.

12thbuc

Starter

#35 : June 09, 2008, 10:28:56 PM

Josh Johnson will be our franchise QB, cut the old man!

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 09, 2008, 10:54:04 PM

12thBuc...i realize your only kidding....but dont even talk such blasphemy...

Plank

Starter

#37 : June 09, 2008, 11:30:44 PM

Josh Johnson will be our franchise QB, cut the old man!

With both Luke and SoB on the roster, I wouldn't be surprised to see the old man get traded...

12thbuc

Starter

#38 : June 10, 2008, 12:25:45 AM

12thBuc...i realize your only kidding....but dont even talk such blasphemy...
if only i was kidding.......

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 10, 2008, 07:30:37 AM

well if u guys aren't that that is just sad.  And Plank...I'd be absolutely surprised if they did that and think I'd want a new GM before I start rooting for the Bucs again.  If they woiuld be dumb enough to trade a probowl QB who was the MAIN reason we turned things around last year, then I just dont think I could root for the team while it is being runned by idiots..

Plank

Starter

#40 : June 10, 2008, 10:46:04 PM

Depends on what we got for him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some Thoughts i figure we should touch on in the offseason..a MUST READ?! maybe. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools