Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms breaks silence « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22

« : June 09, 2008, 08:02:27 PM »

Just came across this on the  www.tampabay.com
Simms seems like a pretty honest person (but how would I really know). Wonder if this is gonna create a media circus later this month?

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/06/simms-breaks-si.html

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #1 : June 09, 2008, 08:23:47 PM »

And the plot thickens...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #2 : June 09, 2008, 08:32:11 PM »

Interesting. But fault lies on both sides for the deteriorating situation. Gruden is there to win football games, not to hold people's hands and tell them it will be OK. Could he have handled dealing with Chris personally better? Probably. But Chris should have no complaints about getting a guaranteed contract worth millions to rehab an injury when he could have been cast aside. He's saying he wasn't healthy enough to play last year? Then he should be thankful he was paid for basically no work last year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #3 : June 09, 2008, 08:34:38 PM »

I argued a month ago the Bucs should have cut the cord with Simms to avoid the bad PR that would come down the pike if they continued to hold onto him ( and bring in a QB that wants to be here).  Well here we are suprise....suprise.   ::)

Huey Freeman

Starter
« #4 : June 09, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »

He made a lot of money last year to do nothing but rehab.  He'll get over it. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #5 : June 09, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »

He made a lot of money last year to do nothing but rehab.  He'll get over it. 

This is only the start sadly until he is cut/traded.

Huey Freeman

Starter
« #6 : June 09, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

Only if you listen. 

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #7 : June 09, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »

Bet the Glazers are tickled pink that this dog has chosen to bite their hand.

If true that they intervened to keep Simms last year, they essentially are the reason that he is in his current predicament. If Gruden had gotten his way last year, purportedly, Simms would be a free man now. After that, all the decisions regarding Chris have been made by the FO (Allen or the Glazers).

Does Simms truly not understand that keeping 4 QB's on the 53-man is unheard of?

After essentially handing him the job due to SOB's injury, you would have thought that he might get a clue that you sometimes lose your job to injury in this business.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

« #8 : June 09, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »

If true, this puts to bed the notion that the Glazers don't interfere in the football operations. I remember back to draft day a year or so ago when it was said that they nixed any attempts to trade for Calvin Johnson, many said they don't get involved in the running of the team.

Wonder how those of you feel about this lil nugget?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #9 : June 09, 2008, 10:02:52 PM »

I ranted on the insider thread...but I gotta say again, I'm so over these freakin QB's.  Oh and the "Glazers are so nice" so nice that you hijack their money, hopefully got better, did nothing last year and are moaning and complianing that we haven't moved you or released you?  who are you? I'm just so over it!!!!!  aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

« #10 : June 09, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »

Chev, step away from the ledge!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #11 : June 09, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »

so Gruden was forced to keep 4 QBs...I take more of this that it appears Griese, McCown, or Johnson will be released...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 09, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »

You know what, when you think about it, if they are complaining about money that means Bruce is doing his job and not giving it up like people want him too...

Put your ski mask on Bruce!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 09, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »

Dang, now we got 2 unhappy QBs :'(...

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #14 : June 09, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »

More ammo for the local stooges I guess...

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms breaks silence « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools