Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms breaks silence « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 20 21 22

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#315 : June 13, 2008, 09:50:51 AM

Are you an oncologist now too?

Facts are facts.

OK, I'm waiting to hear some .

Are you an oncologist now too?

You all are sticking your heads in the sand (which is understandable since you all are drinking the kool aid heavily). Cancers like Keyshawn and Rice didn't last long around so why is it different with Simms?

I'm not sticking my head in the sand, I'm just laying on the beach. You, however, are standing in my sun with a bucket full of sand. Pouring it on my head.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#316 : June 13, 2008, 09:55:59 AM

A commodity that could have been moved by now.  Bucs gambled trying to obtain more value and it looks like they will lose out becuase of Chrissy's latest outburst.

Only if you believe there was a firm offer for him at a point when the Bucs were ready to deal. Personally, I don't.

Raideneers

Starter

#317 : June 13, 2008, 09:56:17 AM

ADW:

Yes, turn's out Allen made a real poor business decision there...... who did we get in return? Some nobody? Joey something or other.

You're kidding I hope? The 2 situations cannot be compared.

And I maintain the Bucs could have traded Simms off by now.

Simms just came out and lambasted Gruden and Allen through the media?

To whom? For what? I believe it's clear no one has shown ANY serious interest in him that would warrant the Bucc's making a move.

If Simms wants to make himself look like a childish putz does that mean the Bucc's need to jump through flaming hoops to move him at a huge loss? Give Chrissy enough rope and he will hang himself it seems.

Three teams were pursuing Grads once he was cut and it isn't hard to believe there would be teams interested in Simms. I mean that is why the Bucs are holding him in the first place right which is what you all have argued in this thread?

Huge loss?

Lets see cap space gained, roster spot freed up, bring in a QB that wants to be here and is proud of being a Buc, possibly a draft pick obtained via trade.

Yes Simms would be a huge loss for those that think it benefits the team to keep a cancer around.

Since I'm not personally in the locker room I can only guess but here goes:

Simms hasn't produced nearly enough on the field enough to warrant a high degree of unearned respect and/or loyalty on a professional level from the players so to say he is a cancer really doesn't hold water. Any player that would allow Simms tirade to affect them probably isn't the caliber of player that is going to make a difference for us so it's irrelevent in my book.

I'm assuming that a guy like Brooks is probably just as worried about one of the cheerleaders getting a hang nail as much as he's concerned about Chrissy's ramblings.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#318 : June 13, 2008, 09:58:18 AM

well said Raideneers.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#319 : June 13, 2008, 10:30:26 AM

Holy crap!  We are as bad as the media.  This retarded thread is up to 8 pages! 
Really, who cares whether this guy comes or goes??  Really??  He was a bust, let it go, and let's move on.

skip

Starter

#320 : June 13, 2008, 11:33:34 AM

I guess I am in the minority here. I see value in Chris Simms, I saw a guy who can throw the deep ball better then most. I saw a guy who lead this team to the playoffs and was a dropped touchdown pass from a perfectly thrown deep ball to Sheppard in the enzone away from the next round of the playoffs. The following season I watched Gruden pull his players from preseason games as if the were all superstars and were afraid of injury. The entire team came out flat during the regular season, not just Simms. Simms of course suffered a terrible injury, showed amazing toughness and stayed in and played despite a reptured spleen.
Gruden obviously wanted him gone and when the Glazers said no he acted like a spoiled brat and aparently did not acknowledge Simms as a Buc. I see many in the media commenting on Grudens lack of people skills, I see many on this board who seems to think they are all whinning. I think there is something to this, doubt that all in the media have some kind of grudge against Gruden. If it were just one then maybe so, but to many are speaking out.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#321 : June 13, 2008, 02:34:17 PM

Allen wasn't even here when Keyshawn was deactivated.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#322 : June 13, 2008, 02:54:56 PM

I guess I am in the minority here. I see value in Chris Simms, I saw a guy who can throw the deep ball better then most. I saw a guy who lead this team to the playoffs and was a dropped touchdown pass from a perfectly thrown deep ball to Sheppard in the enzone away from the next round of the playoffs. The following season I watched Gruden pull his players from preseason games as if the were all superstars and were afraid of injury. The entire team came out flat during the regular season, not just Simms. Simms of course suffered a terrible injury, showed amazing toughness and stayed in and played despite a reptured spleen.
Gruden obviously wanted him gone and when the Glazers said no he acted like a spoiled brat and aparently did not acknowledge Simms as a Buc. I see many in the media commenting on Grudens lack of people skills, I see many on this board who seems to think they are all whinning. I think there is something to this, doubt that all in the media have some kind of grudge against Gruden. If it were just one then maybe so, but to many are speaking out.

True statement... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 ... 20 21 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms breaks silence « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools