Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HDTV Custom Calibration « previous next »
Page: 1

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

: June 10, 2008, 12:04:52 AM

Guys, I would like to know if any of you can either refer a professional calibrator or a "Studio Grade" calibration disc for HDTV Home Theatre. I've looked online at discs like DVE (Digital Video Essentials) and HDTV Calibration Wizard but I've noticed that each says thier programs were made in 2003 and 2005 respectively and I don't want to spend that kinda money for a calibration disc that's possibly already obsolete.

My HD sets were manufactured in 2006 by Samsung and LG and each one has reviewed to have superior picture quality when properly calibrated. I'm ashamed to have had them for almost two years now without ever calibrating them anymore than by just using my eyes and maybe the THX-Video calibration program on DVD's like the newer Star Wars.

These days shouldn't an HDTV picture be calibrated with an HD source such as a Blu-ray calibration disc ??? Or is there no difference between SD/HD calibration programs? Also, I've heard that the "professional calibrators" come into your home with some fancy equipment and set up your TV in a way that you'll never be able to duplicate...but thier one-time fee is in upwards to $500-$1000 depending on the type of set they're working with. Personally, if I hired a professional, I'd probably only have him calibrate the Samsung HL-S5687W 1080p DLP in the family room because that's where the main HD movie/sports viewing happens.

Anyone?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 10, 2008, 01:11:43 AM

Your eyes NEVER lie.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HDTV Custom Calibration « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools