Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sick of The Gruden- Allen Apologists « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24

king_frog

Hall of Famer
« : June 10, 2008, 11:03:02 AM »

I for one am sick of all the gruden- allen apologists. Where there is smoke there is fire. This morning the #1 media news guy that never say's a bad word about the buc's aka ( Chip Carter ) almost made me puke up my breakfast when he attacked JG & BA. stating that the 2 of them have basically brought the integrity and reputation of the buc's to an all time low...I could not believe that these were the words coming out of Mr. Channel 13 himself. Especially since he has been notorious as a suck up..

Then I started to think about all of the players and coaches that say they were lied to, McCardell. Key, Jereviscious, Valero, Lynch, Rice, Alstott and now Simms to name just a few. I do not care how much money that you are being paid, when you are disrespected and lied to, if you have any character at all, this will effect you.

There has been too much of this B.S. going on for too long. And it is easy for so many of you too just jump on the media saying they are doing it all for ratings and then bad mouth the players as disgruntled employees. I know that I will be attacked for this thread. I will be accused of not being a loyal buc fan. But folks it is because I'am a loyal buc's fan that I take this stand.

I thought that last year JG  was trying to improve his relations with his players, the bowling thing and time off ect.. But he can do all of this he wants, but if he is not trusted, his image is still rubbish.. As far as BA when you promise a player something Do It !!!
I'm tired of all of this crap !! It is time to call a spade a spade...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #1 : June 10, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »

I don't see any smoke. I smell burning contempt, but no smoke.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #2 : June 10, 2008, 11:05:41 AM »

This morning the #1 media news guy that never say's a bad word about the buc's aka ( Chip Carter ) almost made me puke up my breakfast when he attacked JG & BA. stating that the 2 of them have basically brought the integrity and reputation of the buc's to an all time low...I could not believe that these were the words coming out of Mr. Channel 13 himself. Especially since he has been notorious as a suck up.

I have to admit that caught me off guard.  :(

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #3 : June 10, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »

blah blah blah...

This is the real world, not Fantasy Land.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #4 : June 10, 2008, 11:07:50 AM »

The talking heads can say anything they want. I doubt one of them has more knowledge of what the Bucs are up to than we do.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #5 : June 10, 2008, 11:09:10 AM »

Feel Better?   

Gruden wants one thing. The team to win ball games and get the best available talent available to produce those wins.  No crybabies allowed.

You want to know where the media agenda came from?  Their own poison pens constantly attacking the coaches and the organization.  Now they cry like babies because they no longer have access. They have only themselves to blame.

Fair and balanced reporting is a rare commodity in the local media.

Chip Carter?   The guy is no more than a teleprompter reader.  Serious analysis has never been a part of his repertoire.    Try not to trust TALKING HEADS!  Those heads are empty!

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

« #6 : June 10, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »

I highly doubt the lockerroom is as disfunctional as you and the local sticks believe it is. If the players disliked Gruden so much, they would've quit on him long ago but they haven't.

This is a moot point that's been completely beat to death. Aren't you sick and tired of talking about this nonsense? Haven't you had enough of it? Seriously, the players have had plenty of chances to quit on this coaching staff and quite frankly, they haven't. Not even when they were 4-11 and playing to win in Week 17.

Sick of the Gruden - Allen haters who haven't a leg to stand on.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #7 : June 10, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »

I love how names are just randomly thrown out of players that were supposedly "lied" to.  Millionaires not getting their way.  I feel horrible for them.  

I'm sick of the apologists for millionaire bonus babies.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 10, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »

Chip always did a good job with those Otters at the zoo...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #9 : June 10, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »

Then I started to think about all of the players and coaches that say they were lied to, McCardell. Key, Jereviscious, Valero, Lynch, Rice, Alstott ...

Of these guys you mentioned... Lynch by the way wasn't lied to, they told him that they wanted to get their younger guys more playing time LYNCH even said that was the case)... how many of them went on to have successful careers?  NONE, because they were done.  Allen and Gruden probably told them something but I'm sure PRODUCTION was an implied contingency... it ALWAYS is.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #10 : June 10, 2008, 11:12:41 AM »

Chip always did a good job with those Otters at the zoo...

They are cute furry little fellas!  Almost like Chip!!

JoeyDaBuc

Second String

« #11 : June 10, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »

Why did Warrick Dunn pick Evil Jon over Saint Tony ? Surely all his former friends had told him what a ruthless over-bearing control freak Jon was.  hmmmm

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 10, 2008, 11:14:20 AM »

I love how the media lives for the negative spin. Were the talking heads eager to trumpet the positive news and balance their negative talk when BJ Askew was re-signed and had nothing but love to offer up for the coach and the team? How much did we hear about Askew's praise? How many radio hosts opened their shows with a long monologue about how great it is to hear that quality players like Askew are proud and happy to play for Gruden and be a part of this team?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 10, 2008, 11:17:22 AM »

Why did Warrick Dunn pick Evil Jon over Saint Tony ? Surely all his former friends had told him what a ruthless over-bearing control freak Jon was.  hmmmm

Colts probably didn't want to overpay for an overhill 33 year old Dunn.  Colts are a team that truly builds through the draft unlike a certain team that says they do.....

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #14 : June 10, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

As with any multi billion dollar business, tough calls have to be made on a day to day basis. I could care less about anything else outside of wins and championships and each franchise is run the same way. Former players and coaches are going to say what they want to promote there own causes. Sure some promises did not get fulfilled, but some of that has to do with the players/coaches performance with the organization. I highly doubt anyone was "lied" to. Take McCardell for instance, Gruden told/promised that he'd get something done for him and Bruce Allen didn't approve. Now, did Gruden lie? No he over stepped his bounds as a coach and probably didn't fully understand the money aspect of the Salary Cap at that time. McCardell shouldn't have held Gruden responsible for BA deciding not to rework his deal.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sick of The Gruden- Allen Apologists « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools