Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sick of The Gruden- Allen Apologists « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 10, 2008, 11:30:20 AM

Colts probably didn't want to overpay for an overhill 33 year old Dunn.  Colts are a team that truly builds through the draft unlike a certain team that says they do.....

You mean the same Colts team that traded for a broken down Anthony McFarland and signed a worthless Simeon Rice?

Booger helped them win a Super Bowl.

Why should they feel ashamed?

Rice wasn't paid a lot of money and they eventually cut him anyways.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 10, 2008, 11:33:14 AM

So All da way ,

The colts do indeed also sign over the hill free agents?   

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 10, 2008, 11:35:09 AM

So All da way ,

The colts do indeed also sign over the hill free agents?   

Not for $3 mil per year.

Bucs can't claim they are building through the draft when it looks like Griese is the future QB of the team.  I suspect Luke McCown will be the next player to whine to the media.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 10, 2008, 11:36:02 AM

Colts probably didn't want to overpay for an overhill 33 year old Dunn.  Colts are a team that truly builds through the draft unlike a certain team that says they do.....

You mean the same Colts team that traded for a broken down Anthony McFarland and signed a worthless Simeon Rice?

Good.  With ridiculous rationalizations, you acknowledge your original statement was false.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 10, 2008, 11:37:05 AM

I suspect Luke McCown will be the next player to whine to the media.

For his sake, let's hope not.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 10, 2008, 11:37:44 AM

Good.  With ridiculous rationalizations, you acknowledge your original statement was false.

They have more drafted Pro Bowlers than the Bucs.

The majority of their team consists of drafted players that are starters compared to the Bucs. 

How am I wrong?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 10, 2008, 11:39:16 AM

I suspect Luke McCown will be the next player to whine to the media.

For his sake, let's hope not.

It is not his personality then again we said the same things about Simms who has conducted a complete 180 all of sudden.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 10, 2008, 11:39:50 AM

Colts probably didn't want to overpay for an overhill 33 year old Dunn. Colts are a team that truly builds through the draft unlike a certain team that says they do.....

I think the Colts helped Booger get a ring, don't remember his stats from that game can someone put those on the board?  

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#38 : June 10, 2008, 11:39:58 AM

I am sick of all the complaining about things the team does when other teams do alot of the same things that they do. Listen I dont think Gruden wanted Simms here. As a matter of fact I know Gruden didnt want simms here from the begining. So why is he still here because the glazers wanted to keep him and dont forget we invested a 2nd rounder for him. We gave simms 5 million dollars for two years to not do anything. ANYTHING. Would you like 5 mil to do nothing for the next two years? How is that treating Simms bad. Sounds like he got all the rehab support he needed. Last year he was still hurt in preseason but gruden didnt know that he was still hurt, he doesnt know where he is coming from. I highly doubt Gruden forced him to play in training camp last year since Chris says he was hurt. If he cant play cause he is hurt then he cant play right. So where did he end up eventually the IR. Now after not doing anything the last two years which he had a choice to be here or not. I also highly doubt that some other team would have paid him 5 mil for two years coming off a spleenectomy or whatever.

Look the bucs are going to release simms or trade him but they want to see what they can get for him. They invested alot into him. Alot alot. I know he played hard or whatever but he is in a league where it is show me what you have done lately and he hasnt done anything lately for him to complain. He has been treated and paid what more do you want? As for the other players you named is completely ignorant because you or the media have no idea what happened between the two parties. All people base their opinions about are from the media who does not like gruden and allen to begin with. I dont think they have to explain themselves either this is football damn it and they happen to run the team so they are going to do what they want. So keep complaining media and upset fans because you cant do anything because there is nothing to be upset about but stupid ignorant articles written by haters to get fans riled up and worked for you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#39 : June 10, 2008, 11:40:28 AM

Pro Bowl = Popularity Contest

always has, always will.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 10, 2008, 11:40:49 AM

Booger "only" cost the Colts 5.5M last year. What a bargain!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 10, 2008, 11:40:57 AM

They have more drafted Pro Bowlers than the Bucs.

The majority of their team consists of drafted players that are starters compared to the Bucs. 

How am I wrong?

I'm not going to go through your constant changing-of-the-argument game again.

You were wrong when you implied that Colts do not sign older Free Agents.  Not only do they sign them, they also trade for them.

#42 : June 10, 2008, 11:41:23 AM

If not Gruden who else?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 10, 2008, 11:42:05 AM

It is not his personality then again we said the same things about Simms who has conducted a complete 180 all of sudden.

Having been around Chris, I can say that this really doesn't appear to be his style. I still think his dad is goading him into showing he has a backbone, and unfortunately Chris somehow figured that this was the way to show it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 10, 2008, 11:42:11 AM

Pro Bowl = Popularity Contest

always has, always will.

Okay I will rephrase it.

They have less busts than the Bucs when it comes to the draft.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sick of The Gruden- Allen Apologists « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools