Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sick of The Gruden- Allen Apologists « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#345 : June 13, 2008, 05:14:28 PM

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. I see your point but I can also vividly remember what it was like when we were the laughingstock of the league.

So as a result of that I do cut winners some slack I wouldn't give others. Like JG/BA or hate them our team is much better for their being here.

Lamond.
I get your point and can understand why you feel that way. Sitting in the sewer all of those years can definately have that effect on a person..
Lets kick butt this year and get it right...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#346 : June 13, 2008, 05:15:20 PM

amen

bucs8ball

Starter

#347 : June 13, 2008, 11:28:42 PM

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I wanted to add my two cents:

I'm aware that some players have problems with Gruden on their way out the door.  That's fine. It's like that anywhere in life- bad mouth the boss when your gone or want to be gone. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what players who are no longer here (or ones leaving in Simms case) have to say.

If you recall, last year, Brooks and the rest of the verterans were talking about how connected the locker room was. Even king frog in his OP mentioned how there was talk of Gruden becoming more of a "player's coach." Yet, all of the sudden, a QB (looking for leverage) spouts off and it's "call a spade a spade."

I don't know JG. He may very well be an **CENSORED**. But, the fact of the matter is, he's the best coach for the Bucs right now. Look at what's going on in the NFL: Teams can't even keep coaches for 1 year!

It's obvious that college coaches can't work good in the NFL these days.  Your next option would be the **CENSORED** hot O or D coordinator.  That's a crapshoot at best. They're either long in the tooth or real young (like Gruden was at one time).

As far as retread coaches go: Who is better than a Super Bowl winner? Cowher? What makes him better than Gruden?

The reason I like Gruden as the Bucs' coach is because he brings consistency. You're not going to win in the NFL changing coaches every couple of years. The coaches winning the big game are the coaches that have been with their teams for a few years.  If you think the "rebuild" under JG/BA is bad, imagine going through another one with an unproven coach.
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sick of The Gruden- Allen Apologists « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools