Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Terrible Economic Times « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: June 10, 2008, 12:36:53 PM

If times are so bad, how come every flight I take these days anywhere in the world is completely full?    It doesn't matter if it's a domestic USA flight or a flight to Singapore.   They are always packed.   Airfare is higher than ever, yet it doesn't seem to stop people from flying.    5 years ago I could get a flight any time I wanted.   Now, it's kind of hard to get a last minute flight because they are always full.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 10, 2008, 12:54:54 PM

I know domestically they're cutting flights.  If people have to travel they have to travel.  Businesses are cutting back in other areas such as hotels/meals etc.

The economy is not good.  There is no disputing that.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 10, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

If people have to travel they have to travel.

Most domestic flights I take in the usa are full of people travelling for pleasure.  Many of them are bringing their kids as well.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 10, 2008, 01:18:05 PM

If times are so bad, how come every flight I take these days anywhere in the world is completely full?    It doesn't matter if it's a domestic USA flight or a flight to Singapore.   They are always packed.   Airfare is higher than ever, yet it doesn't seem to stop people from flying.    5 years ago I could get a flight any time I wanted.   Now, it's kind of hard to get a last minute flight because they are always full.

Its all a conspiracy...ask UFOJoe...sorry Joe, couldn't resist... ;D

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : June 10, 2008, 01:23:58 PM

As long as you see people traveling for pleasure, buying season tickets to professional sports (ie Bucs) at $80-200/seat, buying a new car every few years, etc etc, I'm not going to believe that we're in the economic doldrums that doom-gloomers (Joe) say we are.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 10, 2008, 01:27:25 PM

Yeah because the 65,000 people in the stadium represent the millions across Central Florida.  Just like the couple hundred flying for pleasure.   

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 10, 2008, 01:28:48 PM

As long as you see people traveling for pleasure, buying season tickets to professional sports (ie Bucs) at $80-200/seat, buying a new car every few years, etc etc, I'm not going to believe that we're in the economic doldrums that doom-gloomers (Joe) say we are.

Maybe these people don't understand that living with more debt is not a good idea?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 10, 2008, 01:33:31 PM

Yeah because the 65,000 people in the stadium represent the millions across Central Florida. Just like the couple hundred flying for pleasure.

So what are you saying?   The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer?   Those flights were not full 5 years ago.   More people are flying.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 10, 2008, 01:35:59 PM

LOL....are you really that stupid?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 10, 2008, 01:39:19 PM

More people are flying.

No, there are fewer flights

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 10, 2008, 01:40:55 PM

More people are flying.

I think you are wrong there.   None of the routes I've taken in the past have been cut back at all.    They were almost empty 7 years ago.  Now I can't even get a seat unless I book in advance.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 10, 2008, 01:41:12 PM

Yeah because the 65,000 people in the stadium represent the millions across Central Florida. Just like the couple hundred flying for pleasure.

So what are you saying?   The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer?   Those flights were not full 5 years ago.   More people are flying.

Not sure other than the fact that domestically airlines are cancelling flights.  Air travel has grown drastically in the past several years.  They're projecting a great drop in travelers.  Just because the effects of exhorbitant gas prices are not being shown in the air travel just yet doesn't mean that the economic issues are not there.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 10, 2008, 01:42:28 PM

More people are flying.

I think you are wrong there. None of the routes I've taken in the past have been cut back at all. They were almost empty 7 years ago. Now I can't even get a seat unless I book in advance.

They've announces the cutting of routes.  I'm not sure which airelines have been effected so far and which will be effected in the future.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 10, 2008, 01:43:23 PM

Just because the effects of exhorbitant gas prices are not being shown in the air travel just yet doesn't mean that the economic issues are not there.

Are you kidding?   Air travel prices have almost doubled in the last 10 years.   Gas prices have drastically effected prices of air travel.   Those prices dont seem to be a problem though because people are flying.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 10, 2008, 01:45:06 PM

Most arilines have cut down thier schedule by over 20%, that is a HUGE reduction in flights.  Unless they fill the planes to over 95% occupancy they make a loss on the route.  That was prior to oil prises rising so now they need to reduce expenses and fill the planes.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Terrible Economic Times « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools