Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Williams hired as Buccaneers new head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: December 14, 2006, 11:50:34 PM

If Gruden is fired why not promote Doug to HC. He is well respected and by the players.  I think he would be a good coach here and would love to see that happen.

#1 : December 14, 2006, 11:57:20 PM

Its not nice to post fraudulent info.

#2 : December 15, 2006, 12:01:03 AM

....ughhh false titles for the loss

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 15, 2006, 12:09:58 AM

Not qualified by any stretch of the imagination. Upstanding human being, but lacks any coaching experience at all at this level. Grambling is more akin to Pearl River CC than it is to the NFL. Buc fans won't cut Gruden any slack and he got the Lombardi. They're not in any mood to wait for DW to get aclimated. The Bucs don't need another nice guy like Dungy who, BTW, is still just trying to get to a SB, forget about winning one.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : December 15, 2006, 01:44:32 AM

Doug Williams should be in charge of player personnel. He'd be GREAT at that.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 15, 2006, 02:24:17 AM

ahh NO

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : December 15, 2006, 02:35:47 AM

Why not? He was a successful college coach, but he can't be in charge of player personne?  That's something Gruden's terrible at.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 15, 2006, 02:38:26 AM

This thread is stupid.

OFFICIALLY.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : December 15, 2006, 02:57:12 AM

??? ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 15, 2006, 03:09:31 AM

FWIW, I am a ahem, "Grudenista".  I am loyal to anyone who brings winning to a city that does not have that luxury, to the team that I watch consistently.  The SB is Beautiful, the NFC South last year was incredible.  I expect better things from Gruden, and I think he is a great coach.

I honestly believe too many of you buy into media subscription.  I am not that guy, I think Gruden is a good coach, forced into playing with a abad hand, and making out like a bandit.

I DO root for the Logo, so I root for the HC as well.  How can you root for one, and not the other?

It is like saying, I hope Jermaine continmually fails in making the right angle a better play, or like saying I hope GRads throws five picks to shut everyone up about how he is excellence.  I hope that the BUcs stomp some butt.  But I am a realist, and in a field of competition so elite in overall talent, it is hard to get over the hump with sub par talent.  The Bucs have sub-par talentr, and decent coaching. 

That is my opinion, and none of you can change it.

If GRuden gets fired, on to the next one.  But Gruden is very young, younger than a lot of the posters here, and he does a good job IMO.  He is still learning, and will only get better.

His track record is not that bad, given the proper thinking.  Or excuse making, as you would have it...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : December 15, 2006, 03:13:02 AM

I didn't say he should be fired--Ithink he needs help with stuff he's not good at--like personnel stuff.  Being a good HC doesn't make him a good "people person."

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 15, 2006, 03:39:46 AM

Hard to blame the man.  People suck nowadays.

Where did the Fifties go?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : December 15, 2006, 04:15:59 AM

Long ago & far away, Boid.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#13 : December 15, 2006, 07:46:46 AM

Wow, great reactions, none of them shocking however. Some of you guys and women sit on here and make up "draft posts"and fire gruden posts. If no one had sense and listened to everything u people say, the bucs would have freeney, clements, adalius thomas, david carr, move kelly to safety. I make a statement about Doug williams maybe takin over for gruden and its a "stupid thread officially"  BOID!!!!.   1st of all that is stupid statement to say its "officially" a stupid thread. How the hell is it oficial because u said it.  and hey SPARKY Doug williams is not another dungy, he is not a "nice guy".   I played for Coach willialms at Grambling. Believe me when i say he demands respect from his players and he gets it. He gets the most out of his players.  You guys need to have more info on people before you judge what they are about. Listening to the media is as dumb as the statement u made Boid and some of the rest of u.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 15, 2006, 08:07:10 AM

Misleading title.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Williams hired as Buccaneers new head coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools