Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CSimms02

Rookie

: October 09, 2006, 06:26:52 PM

i know bruce played really well and all and i like him overall but should we just forget about simms? i mean chris worked hard to get where he was. YES, i KNOW he didnt play too well the first 3 games but everyone has there bad moments....i just really hope simms comes back on the bucs next season cause i want him to prove to us fans he can do a good job on this team.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 09, 2006, 06:28:59 PM

i know bruce played really well and all and i like him overall but should we just forget about simms? i mean chris worked hard to get where he was. YES, i KNOW he didnt play too well the first 3 games but everyone has there bad moments....i just really hope simms comes back on the bucs next season cause i want him to prove to us fans he can do a good job on this team.....

Simms has a dilemma on his hands, as do the Bucs FO.

Who knows right now.  It all depends on how Grads pans out.  We saw him one game, and one game doesn't a career make.

rombarrone

Starter

#2 : October 09, 2006, 06:30:04 PM

Forget him. He's an UFA at the end of the season anyway. He will have nowhere to go. Offer him a small contract and keep him on as a backup. After his performance on top of the lost playing time to injury I can't imagine he would start anywhere else or get a good contract as back up. Plus the competition in camp will be healthy for both of them to grow. Even is he is good enough by then to start here "just one game" proved he isn't the best QB for us anyway.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 09, 2006, 06:30:43 PM

Grads is off to a great start and the coach loves him.  Chris has struggled with the WCO and he is a FA.  I can't see the Bucs offering Chris much in terms of money or length of contract, and I doubt Chris even wants to stay in Tampa.

Maybe it is time for a new screen ID.  ;)

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 09, 2006, 06:31:32 PM

Dont worrie Chris I really believe that you will get a shot.  I was on your side and still am.  I just dont believe that you are a QB that fits well into Grudens system.  We all know that Gruden will not change his system and really likes QB's with last names that start with a G.  I know you will get an offer from the Buics don't dont expect it to be very high.  If you believe that your the man for the job here in Tampa then take the offer, if not good luck wherever you go.

rombarrone

Starter

#5 : October 09, 2006, 06:32:33 PM

Dont worrie Chris I really believe that you will get a shot.  I was on your side and still am.  I just dont believe that you are a QB that fits well into Grudens system.  We all know that Gruden will not change his system and really likes QB's with last names that start with a G.  I know you will get an offer from the Buics don't dont expect it to be very high.  If you believe that your the man for the job here in Tampa then take the offer, if not good luck wherever you go.

Perfectly stated.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 09, 2006, 06:33:52 PM

I think Simms will go on to succeed elsewhere.  I just wish we could have received some value for him.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2006, 07:27:22 PM

Is there any trade value for Simms right now? Maybe?  ..Trade for D-liner?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

#8 : October 09, 2006, 07:30:14 PM

Is there any trade value for Simms right now? Maybe? ..Trade for D-liner?
how can there be? He's hurt, a FA at the end of the season, nobody knows how he'll come back from injury..

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 09, 2006, 07:31:19 PM

how can there be? He's hurt, a FA at the end of the season, nobody knows how he'll come back from injury..

But for some reason, he is not on the IR list yet?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 09, 2006, 07:34:24 PM

But for some reason, he is not on the IR list yet?

They need a roster spot for McCown in a couple of weeks, Simms will be placed on IR then IMO.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 09, 2006, 07:34:59 PM

Don't people remember how horrible Chris played this year? He was awful.

He's done here, its as simple as that.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 11, 2006, 05:27:33 PM

They need a roster spot for McCown in a couple of weeks, Simms will be placed on IR then IMO.

I think that statement is really true.......i mean once luke is better there not gonna keep him on the injured list so there gonna put chris on it....it really stinks though cause i really liked chris and wanted to see what he can do

I think people wanted to see him produce this year not "see what he can do"  He had too many opportunites to see what he can do and he either didnt play well or got hurt except for last year during a span of 5 or 6 games. 

Time for Simms to find a place that will allow him to use his strengths,

Dallas is in need of a better QB
Oakland like the downfield ball which Simms can throw
Detroits coach is familiar with Simms and Kitna isnt a true starter
Broncos may take a chance on him as well. 
Washington has an old QB
Minnesota - See Washington

Good luck Simms, ABuccsFan will miss you the most. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

CSimms02

Rookie

#13 : October 11, 2006, 05:08:30 PM

I think that statement is really true.......i mean once luke is better there not gonna keep him on the injured list so there gonna put chris on it....it really stinks though cause i really liked chris and wanted to see what he can do

buckit

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 11, 2006, 05:29:09 PM

The reality is, that Simms is gone next season.  We would be smart to try and at least get some draft picks for him.  Does he have trade value, maybe.  See, when he hits the open market, I can think of a few teams that will bid for his services.  A trade essentially guarantees an interested team the rights to Simms, without having to enter a bidding war.  He'd be outstanding in Washington.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools