Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This year's rookie class « previous next »
Page: 1

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

: December 15, 2006, 09:16:14 AM

Listening to M&M this morning. They brought up how strong this rookie class is. Has there been a better bunch that you can remember??

Colsten
Bush
Maroney
Addai
Norwood
Ryans
Anderson
Leinart
Young
Jones-Drew

That is leaving off the OLineman that were drafted, because I haven't really seen them play(minus Joseph & True, who have been solid for the most part). However, I have heard good things about McNeill, and the Chargers offense sure hasn't lost a beat with him starting.

All of these players have made a significant impact as rookies. I can't remember a better rookie class.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 15, 2006, 09:48:02 AM

The 2004 draft class was very good.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 15, 2006, 10:08:31 AM

This class has really been outstanding. I mean the young QB's have played much better than rookies usually do. McNeil might be rookie of the year - he's getting that talk in a lot of areas. You left off Kam Wimberly, Mark Anderson, Elvis Dumervill all of whom have or are likely gonna drop double digit sacks. DeMeco Ryans is playing really, really well. Ngata has been a very useful starting part of that  Ravens defense. Mangold and D'Brick have been fulll season starters. GB has rolled 2 rookie OG's (College and Spitz). That's a lot of guys making a difference on teams that aren't just bad teams playing guys because they have too.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 15, 2006, 10:44:02 AM

This class has really been outstanding. I mean the young QB's have played much better than rookies usually do. McNeil might be rookie of the year - he's getting that talk in a lot of areas. You left off Kam Wimberly, Mark Anderson, Elvis Dumervill all of whom have or are likely gonna drop double digit sacks. DeMeco Ryans is playing really, really well. Ngata has been a very useful starting part of that Ravens defense. Mangold and D'Brick have been fulll season starters. GB has rolled 2 rookie OG's (College and Spitz). That's a lot of guys making a difference on teams that aren't just bad teams playing guys because they have too.
McNeill has been very good, but I don't see him winning ROY. There have been to many strong players at skill positions to give it to an OLineman. I'm not saying that he isn't deserving, but it is rare for the voters to go in that direction.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 15, 2006, 10:49:16 AM

McNeill has been very good, but I don't see him winning ROY. There have been to many strong players at skill positions to give it to an OLineman. I'm not saying that he isn't deserving, but it is rare for the voters to go in that direction.

He won't, anymore than an OL will win the Heisman but he's being discussed in that realm by people.

You know what, OL need stats. I think that's why they get no love. Someone needs to push to statify the OL position.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This year's rookie class « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools