Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come on Give the PR guys a break « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

HughC

Pro Bowler

: June 16, 2008, 05:02:57 PM

I haven't listened to for two years and I now remember (one of the reasons) why.  If you call in but don't have a certificate in butt kissing then you don't get past the call screener and on to the show.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 16, 2008, 10:40:57 AM

I dont understand why so many of you would try to paint PR.com in  a bad light, just because they have made a business discision with WDAE 620, if you want to protest, call into WDAE and flood them with your concerns, SR and the staff here are not the ones who got the DUI after talking smack about another person.

Duemig is what he is a shock jock and he is very good at it judging by the response all the time on here about what he say, the best way to hurt WDAE 620 and Duemig is to not listen, that is the biggest message you can send.

But to act like no one on this board has every had a DUI or PI or any trouble with the law is just crazy.

We are all here because we enjoy the conversion for the most part of the other members here, not because we want to talk about hat a radio host says but rather what we think about the team in general.

Lets just debate what is at hand with the team rather then what a radio host has to say about the team.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 16, 2008, 10:44:34 AM

I agree, well said yuc

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 16, 2008, 10:46:06 AM

I dont understand why so many of you would try to paint PR.com in  a bad light, just because they have made a business discision with WDAE 620, if you want to protest, call into WDAE and flood them with your concerns, SR and the staff here are not the ones who got the DUI after talking smack about another person.

Duemig is what he is a shock jock and he is very good at it judging by the response all the time on here about what he say, the best way to hurt WDAE 620 and Duemig is to not listen, that is the biggest message you can send.

But to act like no one on this board has every had a DUI or PI or any trouble with the law is just crazy.

We are all here because we enjoy the conversion for the most part of the other members here, not because we want to talk about hat a radio host says but rather what we think about the team in general.

Lets just debate what is at hand with the team rather then what a radio host has to say about the team.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 16, 2008, 10:51:15 AM

Well seems to me the only "bad light" being painted is the questions about hypocrisy when it comes to posts about the incident.  Which seem fair, no?

I'm all over that. See the threads on the subject.  Just to note, Silly-o is the guy that made me delete 620 from my presets.

No one is acting like that.

Funny, seems like plenty of people want to talk about sports commentators/shock jocks around here, though I've always thought it was a set up.

Have you ever suggested such before today?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 16, 2008, 10:54:09 AM

Kinda funny huh Rowdie?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 16, 2008, 10:56:15 AM

Rowdie - I have suggested it many times in the past, about good old fashioned debate about the team, as far as folks acting like they do no wrong, those are the sames ones that get upset when Duemig says something about message board members, they are doing the same thing he does how do they think they are any better then him by resorting to the same kind of tactics as he does?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 16, 2008, 10:58:30 AM

So to try and squelch legitimate debate about something very Bucs related, you started a thread to pat the PR Staff for doing the hypocritcal thing?

Well done.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 16, 2008, 10:59:50 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what the /m part of the statute means.

You'll also note, I've tried to temper some of the post throwing buddy under the bus.  As the irony of giving Stevens the benefit of the doubt but not steve is too much for me to take.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 16, 2008, 11:00:58 AM

Radio host's opinion on Bucs is Bucs related.

Anything beyond that doesn't belong on the red board.  Stick to the pirates cove if you want to talk about SD personally.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : June 16, 2008, 11:04:54 AM

i agree too. Duemigs problem is his problem and his problem only. There is no need for anybody to do I told you so or karma is a b when somebody is in trouble like this. When people do mistakes like this they want peoples approval more than anything. With that said maybe duemig will know not to criticize these guys getting DUIs and being signed by the bucs. He knows now that guys want second chances or just want another chance to make things better. We will see if he learned his lesson.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 16, 2008, 11:05:40 AM

I dont see how someones arrest is Bucs related when that person doesnt coach, player or even work directly with the team, he has  a platform which he uses to stir the pot in the Bay area.

I could understand if it was a person directly involved with the team.

As far as him stating what he feels about Stevens, I am sure most on this forum feel the same way about him as does Duemig, But an arrest of Duemig doesnt make it right to do as he does, two wrongs dont make a right.

As far as hypocritical thing ? It is the right thing or in this case the mature thing

Oliver Goldsmith

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 16, 2008, 11:05:56 AM

Rowdie - I have suggested it many times in the past, about good old fashioned debate about the team, as far as folks acting like they do no wrong, those are the sames ones that get upset when Duemig says something about message board members, they are doing the same thing he does how do they think they are any better then him by resorting to the same kind of tactics as he does?

really? So should one go look at all those threads they'll find you in there saying, "stop talking about this guy. Let's talk about the team."?  Good to know.

Again, no one here is acting like everyone here is an angel or that they are angels. So I dont' know why you keep going there.

As far as similar tactics, you'd have to explain as I haven't listened to the dog in years, but what I have seen is a few people rush to judgment is is indeed what he did.

Also celebrities do not enjoy the same rights to privacy as the rest of us. It's the double edged sword of being a celebrity.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : June 16, 2008, 11:08:09 AM

Agreed 100%.

Duemig knocks your beloved Bucs, you get all upset, you listen the next day to angrily disagree with whatever bait he throws out there, rinse, repeat.

I'm glad I'm not in the Tampa market, but I'm still tired of hearing about the guy. This latest incident being especially irrelevant as it pertains to this football-related sub-forum.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 16, 2008, 11:09:37 AM

There are only like 30,00 threads on this site, stay outta these if you don't want to hear it.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come on Give the PR guys a break « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools