Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come on Give the PR guys a break « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 16, 2008, 11:12:32 AM

I dont listen to him either, but from the countless rants on the forums about him it doesnt seem to hard to connect the dots.

Well lets see because he got DUI he should get fired now?

I will not post in a topic I dont find meaningful or worth posting in.

I am not one to just jump on board because it is the in thing to do, Not directing things so much at you or anyone else but more in general.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 16, 2008, 11:14:55 AM

So what we have here is...wait for it...another SD thread...ROFLMAO!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 16, 2008, 11:17:19 AM

Nice post Yuc, should have read yours before I posted mine...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 16, 2008, 11:20:01 AM

As far as hypocritical thing ? It is the right thing or in this case the mature thing

Wait, you want to retract that statement or are you really saying being a hypocrite is the right mature thing?   Certainly that's not what you meant....

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 16, 2008, 11:22:11 AM

Rowdie - what I meant was taking the moral high road is the right thing to do here, why be like Duemig, let do what he wouldnt do

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 16, 2008, 11:32:07 AM

A public discussion is what's called for here. So just let it happen.

And it will be done with.

#21 : June 16, 2008, 03:00:57 PM

People need to back off on this one IMO.  And back off on PR.  They won't come out and say it, but they need 620 more than 620 needs them, and if this place becomes too venomous for 620's fans it could cost PR. 

If you're going to get all holier-than-thou this forum isn't the place for it.  He'll very likely hit back, and Scot, Hugh, and Jim are in the firing line.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 16, 2008, 11:56:23 AM

Where has the moral high road ever gotten anybody?  If this is allowed to slip away how long will it be before he is back to his ways?  The guy should have to stand up to his decisions.  He built this empire now it is time for him to stand before it. 

I understand why Pr is acting the way they are.  They have a buisness to run and a partnership to take care of.  I just do not understand why they stand so close to this guy after all the mud he has slung toward their company.  The 620 crew has called out their boards and reporting in the recent pass yet they still try to gloss this subject over.  They should allow their posters opinions to be heard as long as nobody threatens his safety.  Words can not hurt him any more then they hurt the people he uses them aginst. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 16, 2008, 01:03:02 PM

Where has the moral high road ever gotten anybody? If this is allowed to slip away how long will it be before he is back to his ways? The guy should have to stand up to his decisions. He built this empire now it is time for him to stand before it.

I understand why Pr is acting the way they are. They have a buisness to run and a partnership to take care of. I just do not understand why they stand so close to this guy after all the mud he has slung toward their company. The 620 crew has called out their boards and reporting in the recent pass yet they still try to gloss this subject over. They should allow their posters opinions to be heard as long as nobody threatens his safety. Words can not hurt him any more then they hurt the people he uses them aginst.

We've taken it a might personal because we are on the boards (me included), but in reality it's been the people who have called him names that he was speaking too. 

It's just a suggestion bro.  You guys can do whatever you want.  I'd just like to touch him a little deeper than coming out and saying Nanny Nanny Boo boo!!!  I'd like to give him something to think about vs something to talk about.  If we are right about him, he'll just take your nasty comments and insults and spin the during his show.  But if there's nothing then what does he have?  That's right nothing but his own consequences and repercussions to deal with.  Trust me, the judge will get some of this cornbread for sure...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 16, 2008, 01:10:00 PM

What is he going to spin?  He got arrested for the same thing he was giving Stevens crap about.  I think people are just giving him what he gave to Stevens not their actual views on the situation.  If SD really wants to stand up and say he knows how Stevens feels he should have to take a pay cut or have to do what he was calling Stevens to do.  Even if he was not drunk he should be guilty right?  I mean he MIGHT have killed somebody. 

I just hope he learns his lesson.  The first time he talks bad about somebody that had a DUI he should be called out. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 16, 2008, 01:18:19 PM

What is he going to spin?

If he's the hypocrite we think he is he'll spin this against us and say we were interfering or don't know the whole story.  Then turn and use some of the nasty posts to support his comment.  If he's contrite he'll own his garbage and move on.  My thing is, don't give him a way not to be anything less than contrite.  I know, its a little far fetched and doesn't produce the instant satisfaction of calling him out, but the long term effect leaves him very little room to wiggle or take the focus away from the real issue...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 16, 2008, 02:44:02 PM

great point.

Anarbuc

Practice Squad

#27 : June 16, 2008, 02:43:25 PM

Wonder why this SD topic hasn't been locked yet.

dlwoltmann

Second String

#28 : June 16, 2008, 03:18:19 PM

What is he going to spin?

If he's the hypocrite we think he is he'll spin this against us and say we were interfering or don't know the whole story. Then turn and use some of the nasty posts to support his comment. If he's contrite he'll own his garbage and move on. My thing is, don't give him a way not to be anything less than contrite. I know, its a little far fetched and doesn't produce the instant satisfaction of calling him out, but the long term effect leaves him very little room to wiggle or take the focus away from the real issue...

Man... You had this one pegged.  He said that he was sorry that he put the station in this situation.  He said that this was only a charge.  He was pulled over in his driveway.  He's not a hypacrite because he does not go after players about DUIs.  He expects to hear from the haters.  he said that he is not going to let any call his show today to discuss this issue, unless you want to talk about your own DUI.  He did at least state that the sheriff deputies were professional as were the jail staff.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 16, 2008, 03:22:11 PM

that's hilarious. and accurate.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come on Give the PR guys a break « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools