Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come on Give the PR guys a break « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 16, 2008, 03:26:50 PM

What is he going to spin?

If he's the hypocrite we think he is he'll spin this against us and say we were interfering or don't know the whole story. Then turn and use some of the nasty posts to support his comment. If he's contrite he'll own his garbage and move on. My thing is, don't give him a way not to be anything less than contrite. I know, its a little far fetched and doesn't produce the instant satisfaction of calling him out, but the long term effect leaves him very little room to wiggle or take the focus away from the real issue...

Man... You had this one pegged.  He said that he was sorry that he put the station in this situation.  He said that this was only a charge.  He was pulled over in his driveway.  He's not a hypacrite because he does not go after players about DUIs.  He expects to hear from the haters.  he said that he is not going to let any call his show today to discuss this issue, unless you want to talk about your own DUI.  He did at least state that the sheriff deputies were professional as were the jail staff.

Hah, I so called it in another thread.  I knew he was going to spin it that way...not a hypocrite because he doesn't bash players with DUIs...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 16, 2008, 03:28:32 PM

"If you call me a hypocrite, you're not going to get on and you're lying" Liar. Hypocrite.

dlwoltmann

Second String

#32 : June 16, 2008, 03:31:20 PM

Did I just hear him correctly... Did he just cop to driving drunk.. " Those who know me know that I do not go further than one block when I drink"

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 16, 2008, 03:32:14 PM

Yes you heard correctly.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 16, 2008, 03:33:37 PM

So he admits to driving under the influence?

Interesting.

dlwoltmann

Second String

#35 : June 16, 2008, 03:34:06 PM

God... If I'm his lawyer, I'm calling the station and telling him to get sick and leave for the day.  That is just plain DUMB!!!!! [banghead]

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 16, 2008, 03:35:26 PM

he said that he is not going to let any call his show today to discuss this issue,

Par for the course. He's afraid of hearing what he doesn't want to face.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 16, 2008, 03:38:10 PM

He says that people need to wait for the facts before they jump to conclusions.  When has he ever tried that?  What FACTS did he look at when he jumped on the Stevens rape situation?  That statement alone makes him a hypocrite.  It is funny how when the shoe is on the other foot things should be done differently.  I agree that just because you were charged with DUI it does not mean that you are drunk but he should reconsider his entire stance and certain issues.  Instead he is blowing them off as no big deal.  

I assume the follower will be on later restating what he says on his show.  Which just happens to be the same defense that was used for Stevens.  I also bet they will all shrug off the Stevens comparison because his ACCUSATIONS include rape.

dlwoltmann

Second String

#38 : June 16, 2008, 03:46:36 PM

His call screener must be having a tuff time today "Sorry Steve won't talk about that today... Steve is not going to talk about that today...OK.. You're calling to defend him.. Ok I'll put you on next..."

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 16, 2008, 03:47:22 PM

Come on man you are going to get this thread locked. All the PR guys have asked is to not call names.

I edited the post. Edit yours since it quotes mine.

Not that I thought what I put up there was all that offensive but the PR guys seem a bit sensitive on this issue.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 16, 2008, 03:48:57 PM

His call screener must be having a tuff time today "Sorry Steve won't talk about that today... Steve is not going to talk about that today...OK.. You're calling to defend him.. Ok I'll put you on next..."

ROFL

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 16, 2008, 03:51:19 PM

Come on man you are going to get this thread locked.  All the PR guys have asked is to not call names.

Forum rules clarification: is name calling allowed by forum rules when you're calling a Bucs player a name? Case in point:

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=23919.msg499856#msg499856

Is that a personal attack? Why was that thread not deleted?

Just trying to clarify, I don't want to run afoul of the rules, you know.

dlwoltmann

Second String

#42 : June 16, 2008, 03:55:49 PM

This is pretty good... He is giving the play by play of the US Open.  I guess anything to pass the time til 7pm

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 16, 2008, 03:57:47 PM

Time flies when you're having fun. ;)

dlwoltmann

Second String

#44 : June 16, 2008, 03:58:33 PM

And before I start getting flamed for "Don't you have a job?"... I have the day off.. It's raining.  It's either this or the Food Network... I flipped a coin and the Food Network lost
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Come on Give the PR guys a break « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools