Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Tribune editorial calls for Gruden's ouster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

#15 : December 16, 2006, 11:09:06 AM

I stopped reading after the Alstott bit. That's all those idiots in Tampa care about, give A-Train the ball.

hater :P ::) ;D
Now people are gonna start telling me about how Gruden tells his QB's not to throw to Alstott.
 [banghead]

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 16, 2006, 11:39:22 AM

Great repsonse SR....you could make an article out of that.

He has said these things over and over and over.  It is like people refuse to do any legwork in order to find out the reasons and reasoning.  It is a shame that fans can't be any more knowledgable than that...

It is a bigger crime that a newspaper with such an agenda is allowed to report on anything.  It is slanted, a negative article with negative thought process.  They are an obvious gang of hacks.

Editorials like that (The Tribune) speak of small mindedness.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 16, 2006, 11:44:29 AM

It is a bigger crime that a newspaper with such an agenda is allowed to report on anything.  It is slanted, a negative article with negative thought process.  They are an obvious gang of hacks.

Editorials like that (The Tribune) speak of small mindedness.

They are reporting what a large majority of local Buccs fans want to hear, so they are arguably good at their jobs.   There is still a huge amount of love for the old regime in Tampa, and many just don't like Gruden.

#18 : December 16, 2006, 12:29:02 PM

I agree w/ m~j~s, I am not a Gruden fan but am a Bucs fan. And when someone is billed as "Offensive Genius", Please.... I fail to see it! And of the list above, of the players brought in by the Genius, a FEW actually played vital roles for us, but the rest?
 I guess this is basically an arguement among everyone who has 1 goal in mind and that is that the Bucs win, so its actually just a lot of "in fighting" but I am personally tired of the Gruden area (and NO I am not a "bandwagon fan" I've been a "loyal" fan since '92) The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league and yes he "won" the S.B. but a "Genius" would somehow keep a core of players to make a run every year (or a couple at least). And am I the only one getting tired of the "My son, Gradkowski" feel? I like the kid , but damn!!!!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 16, 2006, 01:18:10 PM

You hit the nail directly on the head, SR. The Tribune piece is pathetic. I have no problem with anyone who wants Gruden fired, but to build an argument in favor of that on false, misleading, or slanted information is de**CENSORED**able.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 16, 2006, 01:24:32 PM

Of course there is no mention of who to hire as a replacement.  If you think the team is in disarray wait until a new coach is hired in a panic and takes 2-3 years to even get their feet wet before the team turns around.  Charlie Weiss is never going to leave his dream job.  No way.  NFL coaching now is almost a thankless job because of parity. 

#21 : December 16, 2006, 02:34:54 PM

Sure Bucs could be winless, but they also could have a much better record if a few things fall their way.

Are you kidding me? I love my team but they are currently inept from top to bottom. We are averaging 1 td per game... where is this much better record gonna come from?

#22 : December 16, 2006, 02:38:28 PM

I will play devils advocate a little here though SR;  They didn't have the money to match the $10 million deal Thomas Jones received from Chicago, but they had $20 million for Charlie Garner.   ???

I've often wondered about that myself.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 16, 2006, 02:46:48 PM

I will play devils advocate a little here though SR; They didn't have the money to match the $10 million deal Thomas Jones received from Chicago, but they had $20 million for Charlie Garner. ???

I've often wondered about that myself.

It is simply because Garner understood Gruden and his system, Gruden understood what a dual-RB threat Garner could be, and Garner was a better RB in the WCO than TJ was esteemed to be.  Garner, when he was healthy, was a nice little back.  He ran hard, could juke with the best of them, and could catch as well as any RB with good hands could.  I always called Garner the Dervish, for all the spin moves he used, and thought he was a very good shifty back.  TJ wasn't a bad back, busted his hiney, but it all came down to who Gruden preferred.  IS that such a sin?

I mean in hindsight, it looks, and is bad.  But back then, I was stoked about Garner, despite his age and gas tank.  I wish we all could have seen him run more than he did...we might not be starting up all these TJ threads. 

#24 : December 16, 2006, 02:53:48 PM

I mean in hindsight, it looks, and is bad. But back then, I was stoked about Garner, despite his age and gas tank. I wish we all could have seen him run more than he did...we might not be starting up all these TJ threads.

I wasn't stoked at all mainly because of his age vs TJ then after seeing Sapp catch him from behind I was even more annoyed.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 16, 2006, 02:54:05 PM

Sure Bucs could be winless, but they also could have a much better record if a few things fall their way.

Are you kidding me? I love my team but they are currently inept from top to bottom. We are averaging 1 td per game... where is this much better record gonna come from?

Im not gonna say much better, but a few drops have had game changing events.  Claytons drop for a TD is one of them. 

The biggest factor I believe this year was Simms horrible play the first 3 games.  I think people fail to realize that he pretty much single handedly lost us those first 3 games.  In the 4th game, I remember him throwing 1 int in the first series for a TD, IIRC. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 16, 2006, 02:58:56 PM

Also, Having a 6th round rookie QB with little help from his 2nd and 3rd WR and an injured defense go 3-6 so far isnt THAT bad. 

Simms went 0-4,   Don't brint up the 4th game, cause 0-3 still means your not going to the playoffs about 95% of the time.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 16, 2006, 03:00:21 PM

It's really an amazingly ignorant article.  I like how someone with as little understanding of this team and it's history can go out and write something like this.  It's a good example why print media is dying.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 16, 2006, 03:01:10 PM

I would guess that over 80% of Buccs fans want Gruden out now.

I think that depends on your definition of a Buc fan.    I think if you include all the recent bandwagon fans, you would be accurate.  But if you only counted the votes of the people who migrated over from the old sombrero as season ticket holders (the long time fans), no way is it anywhere close to 80%.

80% was a low estimate, there isn't a lot of support for Gruden around town these days Java.

I stick to my original statement.   I think if you took a poll of the long time fans, it would be less than 50%.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 16, 2006, 03:01:30 PM

mjs I think well over 80% think Gruden has not done a good job this year.  I don't think 80% are calling for him to be fired. That's a big difference. Thats 180 degrees of difference.   So if you talk about "support" for Gruden that is a misleading term. 

Nobody supports losing. But I think there are a lot of people who don't support his firing either.

There are a lot of people who want to see what Gruden and Allen can do next year to right the ship, rather than starting from scratch once again.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Tribune editorial calls for Gruden's ouster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools