Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some surprise moves that could be made before the regular season starts « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: June 17, 2008, 07:14:54 AM

After looking over the current roster should some of the young Bucs player above the expected level, the team could part ways with a few players for late round draft picks or package players like

Jimmy  Wilkerson
Matt McCoy
Will Allen
Ike Hilliard
Brian Griese
Kevin Carter
 for either picks or players that could help down the road.

While some think some of these players are locks like Ike and Carter I just dont see it.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 17, 2008, 07:29:03 AM

yuc, every time I try to make a roster, I go crazy. 4QB's and a LS really kills my efforts.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 17, 2008, 07:30:49 AM

That is where it gets interesting, what I usually do is just do a 50 man roster and leave out the three special teams players ie K / P /LS, which makes it easier, if McCown takes a giant step forward this training camp I could see the team dangling both Simms and Griese out there

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 17, 2008, 07:38:59 AM

IMHO, yuc, I think that Gruden just wants to give the plays to Garcia/Griese (I count them as one vet QB because garcia won't stay healthy all year) because he's tired of the Simms, Grads, Luke coddling experiment. I think that until Luke minimizes his mistakes, he's an insurance policy at # 3. JJ is the 'Chosen One' and will be red shirted as #4 this year. QB coach Luke Olson will be charged with getting JJ ready ASAP. This, however could change in training camp du to injuries or Luke getting his act together. Here's why I think Luke is on the bubble, if he was the future, why would they bring in Griese for the present and then draft JJ for the future? I hope luke lights it up and becomes the #2, that way when Garcia & Griese leave we have two solid young QB's.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 17, 2008, 07:39:59 AM

After looking over the current roster should some of the young Bucs player above the expected level, the team could part ways with a few players for late round draft picks or package players like

Jimmy Wilkerson
Matt McCoy
Will Allen
Ike Hilliard
Brian Griese
Kevin Carter
 for either picks or players that could help down the road.

While some think some of these players are locks like Ike and Carter I just dont see it.

I disagree with Griese and Carter, but the rest are certainly possible.  Also wouldn't be surprised if Greg Peterson, Patrick Chuckwurah, or Dan Buenning were released.

EDIT: and Rusty, stop making sense...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 17, 2008, 07:42:59 AM

LOL, bada. BTW I'm a Philly guy too. What part of Philly are you from?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 17, 2008, 07:48:57 AM

South Jersey, the camden county area.  it's about a 10 minute drive from Philly.  Why aren't you an eagle fan?

I just couldn't stand the ownership over there and their cheap ways.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 17, 2008, 07:52:13 AM

The reason Carter might get they axe is that both Wilkerson and Douglas not to mention Peterson are the same exact players but younger.

While Luke was liked by former QB coach Hackett, Still think at this point in time he has the best upside until Johnson can be fully developed or the very least put something on tape.

Griese is competition, to help push Luke from my view point, Gruden hates mental mistakes by his qb's which as we all know Griese is very adapt at making.

Gruden did not want the same thing to happen this season as did when the job was handed to Simms, so he went out an got insurance.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 17, 2008, 07:54:35 AM

South Jersey, the camden county area. it's about a 10 minute drive from Philly. Why aren't you an eagle fan?

Who would wanna route for them?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 17, 2008, 08:01:19 AM

South Jersey, the camden county area. it's about a 10 minute drive from Philly. Why aren't you an eagle fan?

South Philly with all of the paisans. I used to work for Al Martino's family as a laborer for their brick laying firm. The Italians were the bricklayers, the blacks were the laborers and I was below everybody else on the totem pole. I sure was a great experience. Listening to those guys talk crap all day was like a real life Sporanos movie.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : June 17, 2008, 08:32:49 AM

That is where it gets interesting, what I usually do is just do a 50 man roster and leave out the three special teams players ie K / P /LS, which makes it easier, if McCown takes a giant step forward this training camp I could see the team dangling both Simms and Griese out there
If Luke takes a giant step forward, he'd be the starter. I thought Garcia took a giant step backward last year. Wasn't impressed with Garcia's efforts last season at all. Average at best. The internet servers must have been on fire in Tampa during last season's Pro Bowl voting period.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 17, 2008, 09:21:07 AM

I would be surprised if either of those two were released.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 17, 2008, 09:24:30 AM

I would be surprised if either of those two were released.

I love both of those guys, but someone has to beat Ike out at WR.  They have too.  I mean Ike shows up, works hard, and catches first downs.  Carter is GREAT in the locker room.  Actually I think he's better at UT than DE.  But both these guys are on their last legs.  I know JG loves them both.  Which makes them almost a lock...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 17, 2008, 10:47:18 AM

Yuccs, didn't see Ryan Nece on your list.  Do you think he stays?

I think with June, Ruud, Brooks, Black we only need a backup MLB (and Nece dosen't cut it there) and 1 to 2 reserve LBs.  Don't see a place for Nece.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 17, 2008, 10:49:15 AM

Nece, I dont feel makes the team not with younger players that can do what he doesn and have what he doesnt "speed"

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some surprise moves that could be made before the regular season starts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools