Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Bennett KR « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 07, 2008, 06:25:43 PM

RE: Hilliard...

Sometimes when fielding punts, as a coach, you have to have someone there who can just catch the ball and not fumble it away.

#16 : May 07, 2008, 06:55:02 PM

Yes, and I hope that can be a thing of the past now.

#17 : May 07, 2008, 07:36:01 PM

Wait stop i thought the Bucs drafted the awesome Dexter Jackson to be the next stud PR/KR. (Insert sarcasim here).

Yes, we did.  If you actually read the post, it was about putting BOTH back there so the kicker couldn't kick it "away" from a good returner.  Add reading comprehension to the list of things you struggle with...

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : May 07, 2008, 07:55:20 PM

Yeah, he will always be loved by me, but Spurlock is toast, IMO.
Perfectly said.

I've always thought that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 08, 2008, 12:59:25 AM

Wait stop i thought the Bucs drafted the awesome Dexter Jackson to be the next stud PR/KR. (Insert sarcasim here).

Yes, we did. If you actually read the post, it was about putting BOTH back there so the kicker couldn't kick it "away" from a good returner. Add reading comprehension to the list of things you struggle with...
LMAO!

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 08, 2008, 01:55:34 AM

As far as Spurlock goes, it's funny how one minute you are the hero and the next minute you're off the team and may not even get picked up again.  :o

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 08, 2008, 01:58:31 AM

Chrispy, he will ALWAYS be a hero.

But it is sort of tragic (funny) that he is most likely off the team in a few months.

#22 : May 08, 2008, 02:35:15 AM

As far as Spurlock goes, it's funny how one minute you are the hero and the next minute you're off the team and may not even get picked up again.  :o

Chrispy, that's what happens when you're not producing.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 08, 2008, 05:07:15 PM

Oh I fully agree as far as his production goes, but I hope he really relished that moment in Bucs history because it may be all that he has for awhile.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 13, 2008, 09:43:00 PM

Spurlock aint making the team, especially after the fumble in playoff game which was the dagger to our chances of winning that game.

I admitt. After I saw that, I just wanted to throw something at the TV. But really, I don't think Gru will let him go. Something he said last year about him "being one of the fastest guys on the FIELD"..He said it like Spurlock was really faster than everyone else in the entire NFL at that position. A lot of confidence in his voice as well. I will say this much, it would be a hard cut. Very tempting to keep the ONLY guy in your teams history to EVER have a KO return.

Many of great players have screwed up at the worst of times.  A perfect example would be Payton. He would seem to choke in Playoffs, season, after season. Throwing uncharacteristicly wobbley passes, and messing up play calls. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm sure there were some colts fans that wanted Paytons head on a platter after the 4 ints against the Pats.

thanson

Starter

#25 : June 17, 2008, 02:26:22 PM

Although I like Bennett he has had some problems holding on to the ball. However, he was one hell of a trackstar in school

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Bennett KR « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools