Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN, ALLEN ON THIN ICE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 16, 2006, 02:27:41 PM

As I said in another thread, Gruden isn't getting fired.

If you aren't "born-a-Glazer" how would you know that?

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 16, 2006, 02:35:10 PM

I guess I have to write IMO before every statement I make now for you guys? Come on, I would be very suprised if he gets fired is all I'm saying and I personally think he's doing a less than desirable job and have voiced my concerns all over this board. I just don't think they fire him just yet when they gave up so much to get him. At least he's done better then the alternative(Bill Parcells) has and Marvin Lewis hasn't done any better either. Those dudes kept their jobs so I believe Gruden keeps his for at least another 2 years unless he really blows up next season IMO IMO IMO!!!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 16, 2006, 03:06:09 PM

Who is saying the Glazers are frustrated to the point of firing Gruden?  Could it be the newspapers?  Does PFT have an inside source at the Bucs?  Or an inside source at the Tampa Trib?

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 16, 2006, 03:09:33 PM

Who is saying the Glazers are frustrated to the point of firing Gruden?  Could it be the newspapers?  Does PFT have an inside source at the Bucs?  Or an inside source at the Tampa Trib?
Anyone who wants any "Dirt" on Gruden just calls Flowery Branch.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 16, 2006, 03:10:38 PM

Who is saying the Glazers are frustrated to the point of firing Gruden? Could it be the newspapers? Does PFT have an inside source at the Bucs? Or an inside source at the Tampa Trib?
Anyone who wants any "Dirt" on Gruden just calls Flowery Branch.
Yes thats the headquarters away from home for the Tribune sports department.

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 16, 2006, 04:23:04 PM

Recently, Allen gave Gruden a "vote of confidence."  To the trained eye, however, it was a meaningless gesture; despite the titles, Allen works for Gruden, not the other way around.

Does anyone have a link to or remember this "vote of confidence" that Allen gave to Gruden?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 16, 2006, 04:28:49 PM

They're probably referring to the Duemig-Allen interview.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 16, 2006, 04:54:33 PM

I do see the possibility that Allen remains even if Gruden were to go, but regardless Allen doesn't have the authority to fire Gruden. That has to come from the Glazers.

Or they can form a Gruden Study Group!

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 16, 2006, 04:39:51 PM

They're probably referring to the Duemig-Allen interview.
I didn't hear it....what did he say and what was the context of the discussion?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

T

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 16, 2006, 05:16:08 PM

They both deserve to be on thin ice from the results they have produced. As much as I like Gruden I think it's time for change.

#25 : December 16, 2006, 05:25:55 PM

Allen shouldn't be on thin ice, he's done miracles with our cap and drafting.

#26 : December 16, 2006, 05:32:24 PM

There really is only one coach out there that I'd want if Gruden were to leave. That guy is Charlie Weis and he's got his dream job. After that, I don't really see another offensive minded coach that really excites me.
Agree.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 17, 2006, 11:50:47 AM

They have to be.  Gruden has posted 2 winning seasons and 3 losing seasons since he took over.  Not saying he should go, but remember, Dungy had a very high winning percentage when he was fired.  The Glazers will toss Gruden and Allen out on their asses if they think they can line up someone better.  Then Gruden will go to a team and beat the living hell outta the Bucs and win another SB...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Warhorse

Second String

#28 : December 17, 2006, 12:34:34 PM

Gruden/Bucs remind me a lot of the Ravens.

Offensive "genius" coach who's team goes to crap after SB win.

A consistent, productive QB, a nasty DT and better safety play and we would be right back in it, imho.

I don't think Gruden will be fired. I think the Glazers are savvy business men who look at the big picture, not suffer from knee-jerk reactions like message board posting fans do.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 17, 2006, 12:42:33 PM

Agree. Nice post.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN, ALLEN ON THIN ICE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools