Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN, ALLEN ON THIN ICE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rombarrone

Starter

#30 : December 17, 2006, 03:21:56 PM

Gruden/Bucs remind me a lot of the Ravens.

Offensive "genius" coach who's team goes to crap after SB win.

A consistent, productive QB, a nasty DT and better safety play and we would be right back in it, imho.

I don't think Gruden will be fired. I think the Glazers are savvy business men who look at the big picture, not suffer from knee-jerk reactions like message board posting fans do.

You make a good point "savvy business men..." Without support of the fans they are savvy bankrupt business men. No matter if the fans are right and so on doesn't matter. If they don't buy the beer, eath the food, buy gear and buy tickets it doesn't matter if they are wrong or right...the owner's have no choice but to listen. Also, no one here seemed to mention another great offensive minded coach who in my opinion is much better then Gruden. That person being Tom Coughlin. If the Giants some how find a way to not make the WC slot and or lose in the first round Coughlin will most likely be gone. JMO though.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 17, 2006, 04:54:01 PM

You make a good point "savvy business men..." Without support of the fans they are savvy bankrupt business men. No matter if the fans are right and so on doesn't matter. If they don't buy the beer, eath the food, buy gear and buy tickets it doesn't matter if they are wrong or right...the owner's have no choice but to listen.

They're not even close to having to worry about fan support at this point.

rombarrone

Starter

#32 : December 17, 2006, 05:11:16 PM

You make a good point "savvy business men..." Without support of the fans they are savvy bankrupt business men. No matter if the fans are right and so on doesn't matter. If they don't buy the beer, eath the food, buy gear and buy tickets it doesn't matter if they are wrong or right...the owner's have no choice but to listen.

They're not even close to having to worry about fan support at this point.

I didn't say yet. But its the ultimate outcome. And we'll see how far down the waitlist I am come April. The fans in tampa are so fair weather it makes me sick. Obviously not you guys here. But there deff is a majority.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 17, 2006, 05:17:37 PM

Actually I have tried to upgrade since 97 and haven't been able to get any closer than I am now. Thats after 7-9 and 5-11-- it won't chnage this year either but I'll still send in my wishlist with the first season payment. And will send it bulk when they retain Gruden-- I may be wrong but I just see a HC that had a mortgage catch up with him. I still think this team even with it's shortcomings should have at least 6 wins but then again I am sure Carolina fans were saying they were winning the SB too. that said at this point seeing what he can do with good players I would be pissed to see him up ended with finally a cap and a draft to work with in the same season. I know thats how the folks I ist around see it and they are all season holders. Sure Gruden should be on the hot seat but not fired IMO.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN, ALLEN ON THIN ICE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools