Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Edition of Yuccs bendable pipe locks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: June 18, 2008, 08:28:05 AM

OK, after do some thinking along with some research (very little) here are somethings that will happen during the regular season.

Even though many feel the team will take four qb's into the regular season, i beg to differ as I think a team is going to be in big need of a qb and the team trades Griese for a conditional4 th or 5th round pick.

Three Buc veteran players will get there pink slip on the final cut down day for younger versions of themselves
the three are Ryan Nece, Ike Hilliard and Kevin Carter the three they get to stick are Geno Hayes, Paris Warren and Greg Peterson.

Luke McCown will come off the bench and retain the starting job while guiding the team to a playoff victory.

Antonio Bryant will lead the team in receiving yards

Gaines Adams will have 13 sacks, while Javon Haye will be second with 11

Michael Clayton will lead the team in touchdowns

The Bucs will have two 1000 yard rushers in 2008 with Warrick Dunn and Earnest Graham

The Bucs will send three offensive lineman to the probowl Arron Sears, Jeff Faine and Davin Joseph

The team wins 11 regular season games en route to a NFC Championship game appearance

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 18, 2008, 08:32:29 AM

Only Adams 13 sacks and Graham having 1000 yards are remotely possible. 

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 18, 2008, 08:37:07 AM

Considering Galloway didnt have that many yards last season and what like 8 touchdowns you dont think some other players can get tops on the team, Haye had 6 sacks in his first season as a starter, so five more in a contract year should not be to hard.

We all know Garcia is not going to make the whole season so why cant McCown come in and play great will leading the team down the stretch?

So you are saying that Carter, Nece and Hilliard are locks to make the team?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 18, 2008, 08:46:14 AM

The Bucs will send three offensive lineman to the probowl Arron Sears, Jeff Faine and Davin Joseph
It's one thing to say an offensive lineman will play at a pro bowl level, but in order to actually be a pro bowler, you have to get rid of players from the previous pro bowl, and we all know once offensive linemen make it to Hawaii once or twice, they're often grandfathered in until they can't walk anymore. We saw it firsthand here with McDaniel and Christy. The three NFC guards last year were Hutchinson, Leonard Davis, and Shawn Andrews. Are you suggesting two of them won't make it in order for both Sears and Joseph to go?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 18, 2008, 08:48:56 AM

That is exactly what I am saying

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : June 18, 2008, 08:50:45 AM

Adams having 13 sacks I can live with. Haye getting 11 will elevate him to Warren Sapp status. That's not remotely possible. But hell, let's all sure as hell hope.

Agent Orange

Starter

#6 : June 18, 2008, 08:54:07 AM

Ike Hilliard won't be cut because he's dependable and no matter how flashy the other guys are they can't be counted on yet. Nece is definitely gone but I'm not sure about Carter. I heard he was doing really well this offseason. Luke McCown will only play if Griese goes down as well. Griese will be our 2nd QB imo. Luke is still not a good QB and he won't ever lead us anywhere imo. Antonio Bryant might lead the team in yards but it's a long shot with Galloway here. I think Haye will have more sacks then Adams. I think Clayton gets cut before Hilliard. One or the other will have a 1,000 yard rushing year, not both. Davin Joseph has absolutely no chance at making the pro bowl. He can't pass block worth a flip. We will be lucky to win 8 games. I'd like to be more positive, but I agree that Garcia is going to go down this year. I just have a feeling about that and when he does we have little to nothing behind him. Griese is terrible and McCown won't beat him out.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 18, 2008, 08:55:26 AM

if you are gonna dream, dream big.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 18, 2008, 08:56:59 AM

That is exactly what I am saying
So which two guards won't make the pro bowl?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 18, 2008, 09:00:32 AM

Andrews and Davis

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 18, 2008, 09:10:25 AM

Davis is vulnerable but you can't discount playing for arguably the most popular team in the NFL expected to be good again in 2008. Unless Andrews get hurt, no way he misses in 2008 being a two time pro bowler and one time pro bowl alternate in three years of starting and blocking for arguably the best dual threat back in the league.

In addition to playing well, Sears and Joseph have to fight playing for a team that no one cares about 100 miles outside of Tampa and not blocking for a premier back.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : June 18, 2008, 09:23:02 AM

The Buccs have had such a long history of bad O-lines, that any player would have to completely dominate to be recognized and unseat a former ProBowler. Sad, but true.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 18, 2008, 01:07:19 PM

This could be a good thing, (if he beats a healthy Joey) or a bad thing (he leads by default because of injuries)

He forgot to mention that Bryant would lead the team in receiving yardage with 312yds.

:o

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#13 : June 18, 2008, 01:12:20 PM

Edition? or Addition?   

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 18, 2008, 11:57:18 AM

OK, after do some thinking along with some research (very little) here are somethings that will happen during the regular season.

Even though many feel the team will take four qb's into the regular season, i beg to differ as I think a team is going to be in big need of a qb and the team trades Griese for a conditional4 th or 5th round pick.

If Allen could pull that off (basically trading a 7th for a 4th or 5th), he would deserve some sort of GM of the year award.

Three Buc veteran players will get there pink slip on the final cut down day for younger versions of themselves
the three are Ryan Nece, Ike Hilliard and Kevin Carter the three they get to stick are Geno Hayes, Paris Warren and Greg Peterson.

KC would be the one I question.  Everybody just seems to like him. "you can't cut Uncle Kevin"

Luke McCown will come off the bench and retain the starting job while guiding the team to a playoff victory.

For this to happen Garcia would have to get hurt......oh, yeah, nevermind.

This could be a good thing, (if he beats a healthy Joey) or a bad thing (he leads by default because of injuries)

Gaines Adams will have 13 sacks, while Javon Haye will be second with 11

As a seagull would say, "that would be flocking awesome."

Michael Clayton will lead the team in touchdowns

Very doubtful, and if your next prediction is right, almost impossible.

The Bucs will have two 1000 yard rushers in 2008 with Warrick Dunn and Earnest Graham

If we run that much and that well then; Dunn or Graham would lead in TDs, 3 ProBowlers on the O-line is possible, we would excede 11 wins, and someone will still find a way to criticize Gruden.

FRG covered this very well.  Even with 2- 1000 yard rushers it might still take an injury to a "grandfathered in" O-lineman.

The team wins 11 regular season games en route to a NFC Championship game appearance

Two 1000+ rushers and a pair of double digit sack guys would get you at least 11 wins.  There would be some games with a serious TOP dominance.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Early Edition of Yuccs bendable pipe locks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools